Sign in to follow this  
Damnyourdeadman

Gasoline Canister Mechanincs

Along with the recent implementation of the V3S truck,we witnessed gas canisters being introduced to the loot spawns.

While their primary purpose as containers to successfully transport and store fuel,additional mechanics can increase and compliment their usefulness.

-Gasoline Trails

For all the GTA V players out there,you know exactly what i'm talking about.

Pouring gasoline on a straight line and then igniting it,thus creating a fire trail.

An explosive object at the end of it,can mean a serious death trap to unwary survivors/zombies.

400px-Gtavgastrail.jpg

-Soaking Handcuffed Survivors With Gasoline

While the survivor is restrained,have the ability to soak him whole in gasoline.

This can drive players to some of the most interesting social interactions with each other.

76581-Jesse-Pinkman-gasoline-gif-Bre-0pT

-Burning Corpses With Gasoline

Let's face it,the "hide body" mechanic was never realistic.

Instead we could implement the ability to soak a corpse on gasoline,igniting it,

burning it away to thin air with all the clothes/gear it used to contain.

image.jpg

-Flamethrowers

When you think gasoline and the apocalypse,a flamethrower is definitely the first thing that come to mind.

Either player crafted or not,it is one the best weapons to tackle the large hordes of the infected.

flamethrower2.jpg

I like the first three, but Flamethrowers.... I can't imagine many people in an apocalyptic scenario where infrastructure is pretty much none existent would want to waste such a valuable, tradable commodity. To be honest, you could probably argue the same about the first three..... >:( dammit I think I just convinced myself I don't like any of them, someone help convince me again :P .

Petrol trails aint very welcome inside a survival sandbox but I guess it could be implemented for the luls

Soaking hostages in petrol however I see as needlessly barbaric and unfair for the hostages, because even if they survive all their gear has been damaged and probably with perminant health damage

Burning copses would generate a god awful smell but I could see some use of this, not only by the survivors but I would also like to see evidence of this happening during the outbreak

Flamethrowers are awesome, No doubt i love seeing and using them but i can hardly see the reason why they would be added into the game :-/

Overall this suggestion I peronally feel was more for cinematic player "events" than actual gameplay reasons

I support all of the above ideas, especially improvised flamethrowers. Maybe a garden variety (pun intended) herbicide/pesticide sprayer. The hand pump pressurized kind. Wouldn't have a huge range and would be worthless at medium/long distance but it would be great for zombies or anything else in an 8-10 ft. range. It would be so much fun. I don't expect this to happen but hey, I can dream.

And uh, I'll just leave this here...

I don't think any of these suggestions are a good use of precious fuel.  I do agree that bodies should be burned with the release of diseases forthcoming, but you can achieve a burning pile of bodies with just wood and kindling to start.

Petrol trails aint very welcome inside a survival sandbox but I guess it could be implemented for the luls

That's maybe the case for large open areas.

But,just imagine how deadly gasoline trails can be inside secluded areas like the corridors and rooms of an apartment building.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Before I read the post and I just saw the title, I was thinking more along the lines of things the actual container could be used for, like a larger container to hold water or something like that xD Nothing like what I saw here. I like the 2nd and 3rd ideas, but the Gasoline trail and flamethrowers just seem too arcady to me, probably because I've had my hand at GTA V and CoD. :P

• Like 3

Yup, kind of novelty value of these ideas would wear off pretty quick... And few players would carry a flamethrower after they'd tried it out for fun - you'd be spotted miles away using it and it'd be no use for defending against those players it attracted. So I think that'd just be clutter. Fun, yeah,  but clutter.

It'd be nice if there were other uses though... off the top of my head...

• Cut up with hacksaw to make a small rocket/hurricane stove - maybe less visible than an open fire and faster cooking times.
  • Carrying/storing large amounts of water and cutting in half to collect rain water (both after cleaning with detergent maybe to avoid poisoning - yay a use for detergent!)
  • Cut into makeshift cooking pot with hacksaw - less efficient than a proper pot but does the job
  • Cut into makeshift helmet :lol:
  • ...Need Tin Snips adding to industrial loot to craft these instead of a hacksaw maybe - poss use of pliars also/either/or.
  • And 101 other things you can make from tin.........

Edited by Harmonica

Before I read the post and I just saw the title, I was thinking more along the lines of things the actual container could be used for, like a larger container to hold water or something like that...

You mean like,having the choice of filling the container either with water or fuel?

That is an awesome idea! :)

• Like 1

You mean like,having the choice of filling the container either with water or fuel?

That is an awesome idea! :)

Exactly what I meant xD