sp00ks

Want to put dayz on another account

My brother & I have shared my current steam account for many years now. We both play different games so it worked well.

Now hes moving out & he wants all his games onto his new steam account any way I can possibly send him my game as a gift, or give him a cdkey? I completely want it off my account.

Not as far as I know, the game is tied to that steam account.

• Like 1

Dam. Any suggestions?

Realistically you can each just log in back and forth on the seperate PC's and the same steam account.  Clearly you will not be able to play at the same time and another note is Steam will send you a verifcation code via email each time you log in back and forth asking if this is new PC authorized by the account holder.

• Like 1

If I were to let him still use my account for dayz only, will it affect me while im playing another game? Will I be able to play CSS whiles hes on dayz?

If I were to let him still use my account for dayz only, will it affect me while im playing another game? Will I be able to play CSS whiles hes on dayz?

No, when you log into your account on one computer you will automatically log out on any other PC where you are logged into Steam with. Don't forget when doing this with your brother remember your account login details and have access to your email so that you can authorize the new PC with Steamguard.  On another note if you want you can try family sharing between your PC's and two different steam accounts.  This allows you to run on up to ten different devices and five different steam accounts which you have listed under your main account as family.  You will need to be online to share and he will have access to your entire steam library baring some i.e. subscriptions etc. As the account holder, you can always access and play your games anytime. If you decide to start playing when a family user is playing one of your games, he/she will be given a few minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

To enable this have the primary log in and ensure Steam Guard security enabled via Steam/Settings/Account in the Steam Client. Then enable the sharing feature via Settings/Family, (or in Big Picture mode, Settings/Family Library Sharing,) where you'll also authorize specific computers and users to share.

Hope this helps,

Steak.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2