Sign in to follow this  
galekast

Water source help

Hey guys, so me and my friend made a huge mistake, we are way up in the north of the map exploring, start overheating so strip off and start drinking water. We think there is a lake west of Grosnovy Pass (sp?) so we ran all the way across there and low and behold, its a dry lake bed... Now we are both desperately overheating, all the water is gone and we probably have a few soda cans between us.. Are there any water sources/lakes/rivers/ponds/streams in the north west of the map at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

There is a drainage ditch with water in it to your south if you've ran to the Grozovoy pass, in the big town between Toploniki and Zaprudnoe.

Edited by MartinD
  • Like 1

Yeah we have tried the stripping thing, it is not having a lot of effect.. Fortunately we had to log out last night just before I posted this message so we will see what happens when we go back on!

There is a drainage ditch with water in it to your south if you've ran to the Grozovoy pass, in the big town between Toploniki and Zaprudnoe.

You sir, may have just saved our lifes :) Thank you!

Yeah we have tried the stripping thing, it is not having a lot of effect.. Fortunately we had to log out last night just before I posted this message so we will see what happens when we go back on!

Remove torso and head gear; stay still for a few minutes in the shadows (under a tree or in the woods) or inside a building. When overheating disappears, keep your torso and headgear off and walk for a while to avoid overheating-cooling down endless cycle. After a few minutes put back on your gear and run (don't sprint ever).

Avoid like hell any warm gear like dove jackets and wool coats - apparently the environment is warmer than 0.50, you don't need them. Long sleeved shirts or normal/windstopper jackets are fine. Hoodies too.

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 1

Remove torso and head gear; stay still for a few minutes in the shadows (under a tree or in the woods) or inside a building. When overheating disappears, keep your torso and headgear off and walk for a while to avoid overheating-cooling down endless cycle. After a few minutes put back on your gear and run (don't sprint ever).

Avoid like hell any warm gear like dove jackets and wool coats - apparently the environment is warmer than 0.50, you don't need them. Long sleeved shirts or normal/windstopper jackets are fine. Hoodies too.

Thank you as well for this advice, we will give this a go when we get back on tomorrow :)