Sign in to follow this  
overdosed (DayZ)

Just sharing a pretty interesting hybrid/DIY gun

The gun with some images So I just saw this movie called Young Ones and it featured a pretty interesting gun that I think is truly Dayz material. If youre interested in seeing it in action its used in the opening scene of the movie and im sure youll be able to find a clip of it somewhere on the internet. Folding the stock used to aim the rifle creates a grip for the shotgun part, and the shotgun acts as a grip for the rifle. If this gun or a variant of it(mosin + the pump action shotty we have right now) doesnt deserve to be in Dayz I dont know what does.

Edited by overdosed

Hm.

Looks nice, but I'm a bit mixed.

This somehow combines a long-range-focused weapon with a CQC-focused-shotgun.

This combined weapon will be able to kill on long-med-range, and also wrecks people in CQC.

This weapon would almost everywhere everytime one-two-hit-kill people, which indirectly encourages easy KillOnSight.

While an interesting concept, I think it would go beyond the levels in terms of crafting as it seems like a very complex build and I would imagine firing live rounds through the system would likely hurt alot.

More over I think in general a "Drilling" type weapon, a shotgun/rifle combo is more suitable such as the Blaser D99

1331550298.jpg

• Like 1

That's pretty interesting.  I think it's been said before they can't really have 'dual weapons' like say the Blazer with a 7.62x51 in the top barrel and a 12 gauge in the bottom.  That may change with parts of the engine though.  The gun itself might be a bit too OP as mentioned above.  Maybe if they do something like a midrange bolt action like (forget the name of it but it's chambered for 7.62x39) and a single shot or even double barrel shotgun that might be a bit better (though realistically, someone would make or try to make this with a longrange rifle and a pump or even automatic shotgun)

For me it will not be more op in any way than fully automatic assault rifle.with a long range scope. Also keep in mind the fact that with this you dont just have a gun that can fire high powered rifle round and shotgun shells on demand. When in rifle mode you cant hold and shoot the shotgun. Then the shotgun only acts as a grip. To go into shotgun mode you need to fold the stock so it can act as a grip and now you cant really shoot the rifle. Its nothing worse than someone carrying around a mosin and a sawn of shotgun.

The gun with some images So I just saw this movie called Young Ones and it featured a pretty interesting gun that I think is truly Dayz material. If youre interested in seeing it in action its used in the opening scene of the movie and im sure youll be able to find a clip of it somewhere on the internet. Folding the stock used to aim the rifle creates a grip for the shotgun part, and the shotgun acts as a grip for the rifle. If this gun or a variant of it(mosin + the pump action shotty we have right now) doesnt deserve to be in Dayz I dont know what does.

It's like I'm looking at a goofy Masterkey.

It's like I'm looking at a goofy Masterkey.

Kind of the first idea that popped to my mind.  A homemade one at least.  I'm kind of curious as to what a more professional made one would look like with a purpose made stock and furniture.