Sign in to follow this  
wuffi (DayZ)

Graphic failure that turns my game into slow motion.

after 5-15 minutes playing i get a weird graphic failure that turns my avatar into slow motion (while the rest of the world still "moves" in real time. (for example zombies still attack in real time but i can no longer hit back at the same speed)

btw. if i´m inside a house when this happens the walls of this house also dissapear but i can still see the loot thats inside the house.

It happens at all graphic and detail settings. so changing for example from high detail to low doesn´t help at all.

btw. i can then for example turn vsinc on (or something else that forces the game to reload the ingame graphic)

and its all back to normal again... (for another 15 mins then it all starts over again)

Anybody has an idea what this could be?

btw. graphic card is not overheating i can even cool it down to 50° if i set the fan speed to 100%.

But this simple does not stop :(

This is how it looks like.

post-193224-0-35294100-1415635269_thumb.

after 5-15 minutes playing i get a weird graphic failure that turns my avatar into slow motion (while the rest of the world still "moves" in real time. (for example zombies still attack in real time but i can no longer hit back at the same speed)

btw. if i´m inside a house when this happens the walls of this house also dissapear but i can still see the loot thats inside the house.

It happens at all graphic and detail settings. so changing for example from high detail to low doesn´t help at all.

btw. i can then for example turn vsinc on (or something else that forces the game to reload the ingame graphic)

and its all back to normal again... (for another 15 mins then it all starts over again)

Anybody has an idea what this could be?

btw. graphic card is not overheating i can even cool it down to 50° if i set the fan speed to 100%.

But this simple does not stop :(

This is how it looks like.

Damn looks like nobody had the same problem (and was hopefully able to fix it somehow ;) )

It came to me with the 0.49 update  (so i stopped playing because back then i got it every 2 minutes)

right now i get it maybe all 15 minutes...

But its still game breaking for me...

No problem if it happens somewhere in the woods... BUT if you are all geared up and get killed by 2 zombies because of a bug that hits you at the wrong time in a city over and over again definitely kills the fun of the game for me...

what is your spec? (congrats on making your game look like Half-Life 1 though lol)

LOL

But for my defence this was my last attempt. Everything possible turned off + all graphics at the lowest levels as possible.

(usually i play it one medium graphic "this still gives me 30 fps in the cities")

Untill i get this bug.

Of course just like everyone else... in the woods we could all play it on ultra high ;)

Well the specs... LOL

OMG i hate to say it but the computer becomes ancient :)

But anyway i know that dayz can only deal with 2gb of memory and 2 cpu cores anyway.... so don´t laugh

Intel quad core 4 * 3,1 ghz

Geforce gtx 650

4 gigs memory

(and as said the game did run stable on medium graphics bevore 0,49) +

a new computer will be my christmas gift for myself this year :)

well my previous, spec before this (still mediocre) upgrade was pretty similar to your standard (phenom x4 3.6ghz, 2x ATI 5770's and 4GB ram) I don't recall getting graphics problems to that extreme, I still get the graphics popping in with invisible walls etc when loading in with my current spec (in sig)

Maybe drivers? maybe settings in geforce experience? (never go with their optimised settings for DayZ/Arma it just picks shite settings, I find Arma/DayZ runs better with settings a little bit more toward quality than performance.

Are you using default resolution for your monitor for DayZ (I do, again I find it looks and plays better)

I'm sure I remember seeing a few graphic settings guides on Youtube for Arma games, pointing out which settings have an effect on what, some GFX settings don't need t be turned down/off at all, some have a big impact on FPS/graphics popping etc. It may even be a sticky on this forum from the dayzmod days.

I just use the geforce experience to change settings to my liking nowadays though.

(edit) the geforce experience also shows an ingame picture when you go to custom settings explaining to some extent what each setting is for (it circles them on the picture with a description)

Edited by wooly-back-jack

First thanks for your answer....

Yeah when i enter this game i have the same problem (i guess everyone has "the people with the better hardware will just have it shorter ;) "

It takes some seconds untill the game has loaded everything so you can move freely,

BUT after this i can run around with decent FPS for about 15 minutes....

But then again walls start to dissapear again my avatar no longer has fingers... :)

and this time it doesn´t go away  untill i force the game to reload the graphic.

So even changing it to higher levels will give me another 15 minutes.

Then the problem returns.

The strange thing is that i can do this forever.

I don´t get low frame rates after i switch the graphic higher to get rid of the bug for another 15 mins (of course

after this i will turn it down again to get the next 15 minutes with the "neW" lower graphic.

But the Bug returns :(

and my video card now runs at 50° ingame because i turned the fan to 100% so i can definitely rule out overheating of my video card.

So could it be my cpu? because the cpu gets quite hot in this game.

67-69° after playing dayz for a while,

But then again if its the cpu why can i still play forever if i simple change graphics every 15 minutes?

(this takes about 20 seconds and definitely will not cool down the cpu)

as said this is how i usually run dayz (without any fps problems even in towns)

but after 10-15 mins just look at my first pic :(

post-193224-0-30662200-1415658551_thumb.

your terrain still looks a bit crappy there though, tried turning those settings a bit more quality?

This was my city design :)

(this enshured i still get 25 fps in the big cities too)

but look at my first picture!

Now i get a 25 fpm (M for per minute) with thenfirst picture graphics after 10-15 mins.

Btw i´m one of those old farts who think graphic is not verything.

I grow up with vga 640*480 and 256 collors :)

So for me (ok i ejoy the better graphic too) for example deus ex is still the better game than for example deus ex human revolution .

The first game i loved the new one... well... graphic was nice.. game was ok but as said DEUS EX in 256 collors for example

NOTHING comes close.