Sign in to follow this  
Grundlesmuggler

Taking "reload" option off of scroll menu

It's really annoying when you are trying to use the scroll menu and oyu get 1-2 lines of "reaload xxx mag".  There is a button ou can bind it to in game, so If we wanted to reload we could press it.  Some people are losing full mags to this and it's really unnecessary IMO.

• Like 2

I have 160 hours on dayz now and this is the only control problem I have with the game it gets really old fast some times I almost lost an AKM 75rd drum to this once

You lose the mag if you don't have the space in your inventory for it to go back into like my 75rd drum mag needs 4 slots in 2x2 area

• Like 1

You lose the mag if you don't have the space in your inventory for it to go back into like my 75rd drum mag needs 4 slots in 2x2 area

Why wouldn't you save enough space to hold your mags though? :S

The reload option in the action menu is necessary as long as we have different mag types IMO.

Rocket has mentioned a few times that they want to do away with the scroll menu entirely.

Probably just put in the biggest mag or the first mag in your inventory when you press R at a guess.

• Like 2

^ I am not sure it is a good idea. as Mos1ey noted we have different mag types.. So if you do away with the scroll menu entirely, they only option for many would be to drag the magazine to the gun, which will take more time, especially if they go with the top interface idea where the distance between the two area increase.

Edited by Mor

^ I am not sure it is a good idea. as Mos1ey noted we have different mag types.. So if you do away with the scroll menu entirely, they only option for many would be to drag the magazine to the gun, which will take more time, especially if they go with the top interface idea where the distance between the two area increase.

Personally i think it makes sense that it would take more time if you want to load a specific mag.

If it automatically reloads the first mag in your inventory then that simulates you being prepared and having the next mag you're most likely to need ready to hand.

But if you want to use a different mag, the extra time simulates having to fumble around in your bag or a less accessible pocket to get it. 

• Like 1

Personally i think it makes sense that it would take more time if you want to load a specific mag.

No, it just would take more time to use the interface period. Specific mag or not, any basic action using the interface would take more time.

If it automatically reloads the first mag in your inventory then that simulates you being prepared and having the next mag you're most likely to need ready to hand.

Unless you can decide what goes next, 'automatic' reload key binding is just quick way to load the same magazine with highest bullets count..

But if you want to use a different mag, the extra time simulates having to fumble around in your bag or a less accessible pocket to get it.

So if I have in my vest both types of mags, it should take me more time to pick one over the other ?! Edited by Mor

No, it just would take more time to use the interface period. Specific mag or not, any basic action using the interface would take more time.

I'm fine with that, but i wasn't referring to the new menu as we don't know how it will work yet, though they do say in the status report that it will be modular so it should be possible to have your mags right next to your weapon.

Unless you can decide what goes next, 'automatic' reload key binding is just quick way to load the same magazine with highest bullets count..

So if I have in my vest both types of mags, it should take me more time to pick one over the other ?!

Thats an issue, maybe they could allow you to assign mags to the hotbar to reload from there.

Whatever they decide, i just think the scroll option isn't needed, theres better ways to go about it.

Edited by Fluxley

I support your suggestion. A nonsensical feature that leads to accidental reload of your gun and therefore

- making unwanted noise

- losing important time in battle

- losing your 75round mag

etc

• Like 1