danceswithzeds

Getting a "Warning your charachter can't be retrieved" 100% of the time.

I don't know how this was missed during the entire time on experimental, but on stable .50 I'm getting the "warning can't find character" message 100% of the time I play any server.

Is this the same for everyone? My character loads fine but how can we tell if our character really isn't loading and could prevent us from backing out in time?

Seems like the server to client networking is getting more broken with each update. :(

The message itself is just a bug , it shows all the time. Just ignore it.

• Like 2

Thank you.

I realized that. But as my OP states, how do we know if our character really isn't found by a server? We could possibly lose our character now because we may not know intime if a server really couldn't retrieve our character.

Did this happen the whole time on experimental as well or did it only happen on the new stable?

Thank you.

I realized that. But as my OP states, how do we know if our character really isn't found by a server? We could possibly lose our character now because we may not know intime if a server really couldn't retrieve our character.

Did this happen the whole time on experimental as well or did it only happen on the new stable?

If you ever log in and your character has been reset just log off immediately and join another server.  Worked every time for me so far.

• Like 2

That's a good point. Even if your character spawns as a freshie, if you don't move at all and immediately smap the escape key out.... it usually works.

So I guess we just have to be more careful.

Thanks for the helpful comment.