TOPMO3

New Zombie Textures

Thanks for all of the feedback and compliments guys. Fueled by your awesomeness, I carry on!

qPFFR.jpg

I wish there were zeds that looked like players, male and female with weapons and backpacks and loot on them...would make more interesting distractions and targets

Amazing changes man! Different blood textures and slightly varied faces would be nice, Bullet holes on the Military zeds would be awesome too if Rocket ever lets you access those. I hope Rocket adds these into the game.

get this implemented. NOW

are those ALL arma2 character models?

What if you take ALL the models from arma2 + OA + PMC + British armed forces and include them into dayz for better variety ? Possible ?

I created an account for this forum just to post in here and say GREAT JOB. Also in hopes that Rocket sees this thread and gets these way better models in the mod ASAP!

are those ALL arma2 character models?

What if you take ALL the models from arma2 + OA + PMC + British armed forces and include them into dayz for better variety ? Possible ?

This is possible, but I don't know if it's something Rocket would do right now.

Here's an example why. These new textures of mine, are making a 22MB DayZ file into a 50MB DayZ file. All I did was make a few texture edits. Because it's brand new content, it has to be included in every download from now on, unless there's some clever way of figuring that out.

So if you want to include every model, you either have to make sure every player purchases all of those expansions, or you have to pass each model along, WITH it's textures etc, in every download of the game, which could make it a pretty hefty file size.

I honestly think these characters are placeholders, and eventually once this becomes a full-fledged mod, or stand alone game, all of the details you talk about will be included.

Who cares about bandwidth in 2012?

Btw you do know what your nickname translates to in english from russian, right ? :D

Da znau' date=' znau ya! :)

[/quote']

:D Is that your voice in the youtube video showing of zombie skins ?

But in theory, these skins could be included into actual Arma update, then you don't have to redownload it all the time... just saying ;)

These new textures of mine' date=' are making a 22MB DayZ file into a 50MB DayZ file. All I did was make a few texture edits. Because it's brand new content, it has to be included in every download from now on, unless there's some clever way of figuring that out.

So if you want to include every model, you either have to make sure every player purchases all of those expansions, or you have to pass each model along, WITH it's textures etc, in every download of the game, which could make it a pretty hefty file size.

[/quote']

>Who cares about bandwidth in 2012?

This exactly' date=' 50mb is nothing in today's download speeds, most people have atleast 6mbps speeds at lowest and most people in large cities are at 20mbps.

You know another game I just downloaded for 57mb? [b']Angry Birds on my iPhone.

DayZ could use a whole lot more in it. Model, Textures, you name it and it should be able to hold it.

Edit: To get the point across I just downloaded iTunes, it was a 75mb download.

Lol, James you're spot on... bunch of games now-a-days are over that number for the phones and tablets.

However, Tops concern I believe, is that all together for 7 zombies we've upped the download size by 350MB.

Perhaps we could make it into alternative download?

However' date=' Tops concern I believe, is that all together for 7 zombies we've upped the download size by 350MB.[/quote']

Well not exactly. The size of the download has only increased by 30mb so far. But this could grow. Anyway, I think this is good content, and worth downloading.

Another update. Priest texture. I'm attempting to make some slashes to the clothes, also I'm trying to keep this version quite simple with the blood, not to overdo it.

If you notice, the face texture is also new. This is one of 6 face textures Genesiscrys has made for the game. If there is enough demand for this project to go live, we will be including all of his face textures in the release. They are BAD ASS!

Thanks for any feedback!

4uk4p.jpg