Sign in to follow this  
OoohShiny

My first experience

I just want to share my first experience of DayZ, round about 6 hours of gametime.
When i started and got on a server, i got immeadiatly sorroundet by 2 guys. They were talking english with a strong russian aczent, tell me i have to undress my character (it was female), while talking like they would be raping her, in that moment i got used to the keybindings. When i finally figured out how to chat, i said that would be my first DayZ experience and that it would be nice if they could stop doing it, so it would be a nicer first impression.
However, they didnt stop, i figured out how to run away, tried it, but they shot in my leg, came back to me, and kept on going talking like they would rape my character until i logged off. When i logged in again i was only able to crouch, 15 minutes i crawled into a city, until somebody found me and had the mercy to put an end to my misery.

Then i started a new character, and i ran around, like 2 hours, went from city to citiy without seeing anybody. Then, i saw somebody! i was excited since it was my first meeting, but then he logged off. Then i ran around for further ~3 hours, getting new stuff, reading and watching what to do as newb when i got a spare minute, from city to city, seeing nobody. No action, just running from city to village.
Then i heard a zombie roar and knew it couldnt be me, so i got excited. I scouted carefully, only to see that it was hunting a bull.

Well, i thought DayZ would be a great game, but i guess its just "bad luck", however, i dont think that i will play it much more. The experiences i made werent excactly the most pleasent ones. And that didnt even have something to do with being in alpha.

peace,

shiny

Edited by OoohShiny
  • Like 1

I just want to share my first experience of DayZ, round about 6 hours of gametime.

When i started and got on a server, i got immeadiatly sorroundet by 2 guys. They were talking english with a strong russian aczent, tell me i have to undress my character (it was female), while talking like they would be raping her, in that moment i got used to the keybindings. When i finally figured out how to chat, i said that would be my first DayZ experience and that it would be nice if they could stop doing it, so it would be a nicer first impression.

However, they didnt stop, i figured out how to run away, tried it, but they shot in my leg, came back to me, and kept on going talking like they would rape my character until i logged off. When i logged in again i was only able to crouch, 15 minutes i crawled into a city, until somebody found me and had the mercy to put an end to my misery.

Then i started a new character, and i ran around, like 2 hours, went from city to citiy without seeing anybody. Then, i saw somebody! i was excited since it was my first meeting, but then he logged off. Then i ran around for further ~3 hours, getting new stuff, reading and watching what to do as newb when i got a spare minute, from city to city, seeing nobody. No action, just running from city to village.

Then i heard a zombie roar and knew it couldnt be me, so i got excited. I scouted carefully, only to see that it was hunting a bull.

Well, i thought DayZ would be a great game, but i guess its just "bad luck", however, i dont think that i will play it much more. The experiences i made werent excactly the most pleasent ones. And that didnt even have something to do with being in alpha.

peace,

shiny

Im sorry you felt this way about DayZ, I have a post on finding the perfect server that you should check out. I most of the time play on low populated realism servers (3-6 people) because if I encounter someone, 99% if the time one of us isn't going to walk out alive.

If you play on high populated servers you will encounter people a lot if you stick to the coast. My first experience was at a factory south of berizino about a mile and a half, anyways there was a group of 4-5 people and they were like "hey buddy" and I came up to them with a thick coat, and a crowbar and food and such, since they were the first people I found, I rambled on about non sense like why I got DayZ, and how I play with a controller, blah blah blah, one ended up shooting me in the face when I was talking and said "sorry bro you talk to much"  I respawned and on the same server I found another guy who gave me cereal, and I went into berizino/the lumber mill area and I met 2 friendly fully geared people who ended up handcuffing me with a talon backpack full of food, I never broke out of the handcuffs, but instead got shot by a sniper in the hills. But keep in mind I have been playing days a good 15 hours before ANY of this. Just don't lose hope, DayZ is an amazing game!

~Cheers mate! stay warm and don't lose your beans!  :D  :lol:  :beans:  :thumbsup:

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1

Running into those guys surely was... special. Bad luck for you, another player might have tried to make the best out of it. You basically ran into roleplaying bandits. Welcome to the apocalypse!

And that didnt even have something to do with being in alpha.

This has:

No action, just running from city to village.

Although it's intended to have "non action phases" of unspecified length - it adds a level of uncertainty and surprise. If somebody suddenly starts shooting at me while playing Battlefield etc. - well, it was about to happen. In DayZ it's more like "holy shit a player" and "holy shit he is shooting at me"!
  • Like 1

You shouldn't leave just because you got tormented by a couple of guys. To be honest this game would be boring if it only had friendly people. Nonetheless, there are plenty of friendlies around.

To be honest, if I had only played for 6 hours like you did, I probably wouldn't like DayZ that much either. But I kept playing, and it was well worth it.

Edited by Kirby12352
  • Like 1

Don't be saying stuff like this from just playing as long as you did.. Your first experience sounded funny. What makes this game fun is the number of assholes in it. You must overcome the assholes.

i have decided that i will probably give the game another shot when its released.  Because of sloppy movement i dropped ~2 meter, usually for somebody fit enough to survive the zombie apocalypse, this shouldnt be a problem. But it destroyed my shoes, everything in my trousers (what were 5 drinks and a canned bacon) and broke my legs.

I was lucky enough to have a morphine auto injection, but it looks like im not fit for the alpha.

Or maybe i will keep on playing when i can get past the shock of losing 5 drinks. Who knows.

Edited by OoohShiny

Are you playing this game alone without any friends joining you?

If so I highly doubt you'll find this game amusing.

It's a game where 95% of the playtime is wasted. only those 5% are somewhat interesting for most people.

Those are the encounters with other players.

Only when you've gathered enough experience how this game works and why it is played by a certain group of gamers, you'll probably have fun even when theres no sign of anybody else around.

Because you will know that a certain place or situation calls for an suprising encounter...and you don't wanna risk your gear, right?!  :ph34r:

Edited by Ellen Ripley

Right now i have nobody to play it with. In another 5 hours of gameplay (i tried it again, was able to get myself another 5 drinks + being high hydrated), and the only thing that happend that i suddenly stood behind somebody. He was in a building and i was in the door. My headset was at the side so i wrote "hey", but he was heavily geared thats why i moved out again. He hid, and i have not seen him again.

• Like 1

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  As a woman, I find references to rape, distasteful and offensive.  Thankfully, older players would never use the word 'rape' inappropriately.  The younger ones have no understanding of how that word makes them seem but in truth there are very few who use the word.  If you want to find friendly players to play with perhaps try one of the groups who advertise in these forums,  Be warned, not everyone is a friendly as they first seem.  Good luck. :thumbsup: