Sign in to follow this  
sketch814

Hunting backpacks should not need a dry bag

Hunting backpacks are made for the rain and can resist water. They cannot be drowned in water, but they certainly shouldn't get wet in the rain

Edited by sketch814

Idk, the description on the hunting backpack says its an old style. (Heck it looks even older than an external frame, and those buggers are old). Plus it looks to be made out of some sort of canvas. At best it might be water resistant, but I doubt it could be in the rain for too long without some damp seeping through.

Even my hiking backpacks, which are expensive and made out of a tough material, aren't waterproof. You have to stick a special rain cover over them.

• Like 1

i always thought the hunting pack was from like early korea area wars before camo was the norm on all mil items.but i could be wrong it doesn't look very water proof either be nice if we could just grab a trash bag and put the pack in it and other precious cargo and it be protected to an extent.

Hunting backpacks are made for the rain and can resist water,

but they certainly shouldn't get wet in the rain.

They are? I was under the impress that hunting packs were made from material that doesn't scrape, scratch and sound like fingernails on a chalkboard when brushing up against trees/bush so you don't spook animals. You know all the non-water proof, not hard shell material. I thought things got wet in the rain but hey I could be wrong.

All packs come with seperate rain covers, either generic or branded. Unless it is a waterproof/dry bag by design.

The vintage style hunting backpacks are usually made from canvas and treated with wax to make them waterproof against the elements.

I'm kinda surprised that there's not a modern camouflaged version in-game though.

• Like 1

The vintage style hunting backpacks are usually made from canvas and treated with wax to make them waterproof against the elements.

I'm kinda surprised that there's not a modern camouflaged version in-game though.

This^

I still got a wax treated coat, and its as good as any new style one. I didn't know they made packs the same way....but now I want one to go with my coat :D

I'd like to see wax in the game, or that spray on stuff. Canvas used to be made from hemp which is already more resistant than cotton. The mail bags are waterproof canvas.

Isn't there the SPOSN backpack? It's a military style backpack, unfortunately it has no camo pattern and it has 24 slots, less than the Hunter pack, but it's aesthetically pleasing, even with a lack of camo. It goes very well with the SMERSH vest and backpack, the GORKA helmet with visor, and the GORKA uniform.

If you do a quick Google image search for hunting backpack, 99% of them have camo.

If we're not going to see a ghillie any time soon, at least give us a camo backpack and clava to help us blend in with our surroundings.