Sign in to follow this  
Shotta (DayZ)

Wells not working? What's persistence?

Hey I haven't played Dayz in a couple of months. Today I started again and wondered if it's still possible to drink water without the use of a canteen?

Because I found a watertap? ( not sure if that's the right word xd ) in some cities but I wasn't able to do anything with it....

I thought you just could spam 'F' till you're hydrated?

Edited by Shotta

I haven't played the current stable yet, but on the experimental which was supposedly the same that wasn't the case. I was able to drink using the spam f method.

I have heard people saying wells are bugged on some servers due to not being properly upgraded to the new patch though. I think after a few days the kinks will probably be worked out.

Hopefully someone comes along soon with a better answer =(

Also, don't drink too much water ;) It shares the same space with food in your stomach now ^^

• Like 1

Okay thanks for the answer.

Can I still drink till I'm hydrated?

And does hydrated + energized still make you healty?

It brings back your blood levels, and when that is full, you start healing.

Okay thanks for the answer.

Can I still drink till I'm hydrated?

And does hydrated + energized still make you healty?

YEah, you can still drink until hydrated. It's just before I found out I drank until the 'My stomach feels full' message. I nearly starved because I had no room for food xD!

Also, I've been poking around, and you could try verifying your game cache on steam. It might work, it might not, idk. But someone said it fixes the 'can't drink water' thing.

Today I played on a different server, but I still couldn't do anything at the well.... I also tried another well in the next town but same problem.

???

The servers I played on were Persistence enabled servers. Could that be the problem? I'm not sure what persistence means xd

• Like 1

Today I played on a different server, but I still couldn't do anything at the well.... I also tried another well in the next town but same problem.

???

The servers I played on were Persistence enabled servers. Could that be the problem? I'm not sure what persistence means xd

I haven't played on a non persistence server, why don't you try it and see if it works?

I haven't been able to drink out of any wells either, haven't even been able to fill a canteen at them.

Luckily it seems to be raining 90% of the time so all it takes is spamming "catch rain" like 16 times or something to fill a canteen.

For once being hydrated has some difficulty to it...

???

Played on a few Persistence enabled servers last night (after the 0.50 update) wells were working fine, even filled a couple of my water bottles! 

I generally drink from the well about four times (no more, no less) and stay hydrated several hours!

Even if they are broken, water is still every where if you look in the form ponds lakes. I would advise in future to carry at 1 or 2 water containers. I currently have 3. I have been collect water tabs, becuase I know dam well they will at some point in the near future make it so we have to use them. Yes yes I fully intend on being alive next patch, its a goal. I survived most of the last one.

In past patches you could get away with not having water bottles what so ever. Instead just going well to well, water source to water source. I think in the future this may become even harder. So having water containers is now something you must make room for. Along with an extra pair boots, or boot repair......lol Were running out of space quick huh!?

I would say only travel with in your means now. If you don't have a way to repair footware or really good footware, a basic survival kit, and water. Don't travel to far until you get these items, unless you really have too. The reason I say this is because some areas of the map there is not that many water sources. And if its not raining out you can screw your self over. Even if it is raining out, if your not water prof you can get wet collecting water...So you have to think about this stuff.

I think wells should work randomly, thats what I think they should do. Its an apoc for god sakes, not all public services work anymore. But to have all of them not work I think is going to far. I know I'll be fine.

It gotta be hard being a fresh spawn right now.....geez. Between footware, water and weather effects (which don't seem as bad as before) is seems like if you don't have your shit together with in 30 minutes your odds of making it are pretty slim. Make sure them feet are taken care of bitches!

Edited by CJFlint

A fun diversion in the meantime is to hold people up on roads for their kvass and notacola. :D

• Like 1