Sign in to follow this  
LegitOldSchool

Clothes layering, belt slot and items and waterskin.

I think that the current clothing system seriously lacks in the layering department, both for reasons of keeping yourself warm and having more inventory space. I understand the way it is currently implemented for balancing issues, but there's no reason whatsoever why you shouldn't be able to have a shirt under a raincoat for example. There are many combination that would make sense, and because of the current weather/temperature system, some pieces of clothing seems to have gone completely obsolete, unless they are the only thing you have found. I used to enjoy going around in a white plaid shirt with a vest on top, but now with the weather and rain, this option eventually leads to hypothermia and death. This seriously needs to be addressed.

Here are the combinations that I think should be allowed. T-shirts and shirts should be allowed to be worn under anything. Hoodies should be able to be worn under all jackets, unless a T-shirt or shirt is already under it. Tracksuit jackets should be able to be worn under any jacket, unless a T-shirt, a shirt or a hoodie is under it. This means that at any time there can only be a combination of two chest items. In this situation, a hoodie with a tracksuit jacket on top should keep you both warm and possibly dry, and give you a total of 6 inventory spaces, separated as if they were worn by themselves (2x2 for the hoodie, 1x2 for the tracksuit jacket). An option to pull the hood up would also be nice, even necessary.

350x433px-fb5dd4f6_OrangeCashmere_Jacket7208_p.jpgG-by-GUESS-broadway-hooded-jacket.jpgConvertible-Harrington-Jacket-2.jpg

Now for the belt slot. I think that the current inventory system is lacking a belt slot. We could be wearing simple leather belts, 1x2 slots fanny packs , tactical belts that pouches or first a aid kit could be attached to, a leg gun holster could also be attached to a belt. I also suggest that any pants that have a belt attached to them could hold a gun the same way one is held in a gun holster. The gun would actually be fitted on the inside of the pants, in the back or the front, and hidden/tucked under the top clothing. That would give us more options to hide pistols while remaining very realistic.

opplanet-specter-gear-tactical-operationfo-5006.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpgWTAC2.jpgtroussesportc.jpg

The waterskin idea is one that I had recently while skinning a goat. There should be a way to make a waterskin with an large animal pelt, a knife, a sewing kit, a rope and an empty water bottle (for the top part). It could be worn outside the clothing and would hold about as much as a canteen.

waterskin.jpg

Discuss.

Edited by EchoZeero
  • Like 2

Like all of the ideas, definently support layering and such. Also, definently think hoods should be able to be put up, to make warmer, protect from rain, or just look more badass. Support from me.

Like alot of other good logical ideas I would say this is somewhere to be seen in the future.. I'm sure something will come around someday with being able to have more layers, shirts under jackets etc..       Speaking of inv space.. so far I really like the little attention detail atm with the knife in the mil boots and fish hook in the boonie hat ^_^ 

Anyway one would hope in the future. 

Layering simple as this order-

1) Shirt

2) Flannel shirt, jacket or military jacket 

3) Rain coat, Bubble jacket, military webbing/tac vests