TheFunkyJesus

Died of dehydration... in the rain.

Just seems really stupid that my character died of dehydration while it was pouring cats and dogs. Really needs to be fixed.

Why would it be considered acid rain? There's no sign of nuclear war... also, the plants wouldn't survive if that was the case.

Could have been a joke but after so much modding in Fallout 3 I've learned not to outrule anything!

Unless there's an option to fill a water bottle with rainwater, and then drink it, it still makes some sense. It's not like you're absorbing the water through your skin (and drinking from the sky would be hard to animate)

Unless you've got a plastic sheet and somewhere to mount it, you're not going to get much from opening your trap and looking up.

i suggested that there should be an option to drink directly (not just only refill your canteen. JFYI)from lakes/waterpumps.

there are plenty.

never died of thurst tho.

Have you seen when it's raining really hard in the game? You COULD just look up and drink the rain. Or cup your hands. Or fill up your water bottle. Something.

Even if drinking rain water didnt completely refill your thirst it would still be useful. I completely agree. as well as with the drinking straight from a water source.

Yeah and please let us drink our own pee, thats how the guys are doing it in the desert. This needs to be fixed. =)

If you die by thirst or hunger, you really need to loot cities more often.

dying of dehydration in the rain, hehe that sucks. On Bezki's suggestion of drinking directly from ponds, I'd say no. Water pumps sure, but not ponds. Would you really want to drink from a stagnant pond? I'd like it if there were sterilization tablets in game so when you fill up a canteen at a pond you *have* to use a tablet before you can drink it. Pumps would be free of any nasties in the water but ponds that are essentially watering holes for the local wildlife could contain anything. Hence the need for the tablets. Of course there would need to be some UI change to indicate which canteen was filled with clean/purified water and which canteen needs purifying. That's my suggestion for a little added realism.

Yeah and please let us drink our own pee' date=' thats how the guys are doing it in the desert. This needs to be fixed. =)

[/quote']

Yeah!

Get Bear Grylls on the dev team!

Why would it be considered acid rain? There's no sign of nuclear war... also' date=' the plants wouldn't survive if that was the case.

[/quote']

nuclear war causes acid rain

so_sirry.jpg

You have a good point.

While I do find it unlikely you would be able to simply open the lid on your canteen and fill it from rain water.

However if I was dying from dehydration and it was raining I would FIND a way to get that water. Whether that involved licking the ground and sucking up small puddles.

Adding in garbage bag to the game (or some other form of poly readily available in normal day to day life) you could use it to collect rain water and fill up water bottles, however it should take ten or so minutes to work and even then only fill the bottle half way.

If you die by thirst or hunger' date=' you really need to loot cities more often.

[/quote']This course of action would almost immediately lead to death. In other words, if hunger doesn't kill you, Zeds and bandits will.

If you die by thirst or hunger' date=' you really need to loot cities more often.

[/quote']This course of action would almost immediately lead to death. In other words, if hunger doesn't kill you, Zeds and bandits will.

Even if you want to avoid cities, you can find water bottles, or shoot animals. Once you start a character, your risk is considerably low. If you die after you just started, it's not a big fucking deal; so run the fuck into cherno/elektro whatever and grab as much shit as you can as quickly as you can (bottles, matches, knife, hatchet).

If there really is a sniper or two clamping down on your city, move to another server and loot.

People making this game so hard.

Why not have an animation where you wring out your wet underpants and drink the rainwater from that! Also I believe that there should be an option to 'share body heat' after a bit of chilly/wet weather... Teamwork with benefits! :P

It would actually be pretty cool to be able to set up a sheet or something to collect rainwater. Maybe even be able to store it in larger containers to refill canteens from.

Did I stumble into the Suggestions Forum by accident? Why is this the second "the game should work differently" post I've read in a row here?

Have you ever tried drinking from rain in real life? It's not like opening your mouth in front of the shower head.

And acid rain isn't nearly as corrosive as everyone in this thread apparently thinks it is. This isn't Vjun (The planet in Star Wars where it always rains liquid that literally tears apart your skin.), your skin doesn't melt from acid rain if you get caught in it.

Catching rain water on your own with your hands/water bottle/face is, obviously, not going to happen... However, it wouldn't be hard to squeeze water out of your hat/shirt/pants/knickers...

... You know, if you're willing to drink the kind of stuff that would gather in your panties.

... I'd drink the stuff that gathered in YOUR panties.

dying of dehydration in the rain' date=' hehe that sucks. On Bezki's suggestion of drinking directly from ponds, I'd say no. Water pumps sure, but not ponds. Would you really want to drink from a stagnant pond? I'd like it if there were sterilization tablets in game so when you fill up a canteen at a pond you *have* to use a tablet before you can drink it. Pumps would be free of any nasties in the water but ponds that are essentially watering holes for the local wildlife could contain anything. Hence the need for the tablets. Of course there would need to be some UI change to indicate which canteen was filled with clean/purified water and which canteen needs purifying. That's my suggestion for a little added realism.

[/quote']lets build our own waterpurifiers. shall whe,. with ashes, sand, gras etc.

good idea from your point but it would be just for the sake of realism.

i think its allready enough that they fixed the sea ;) to drink from.

maybe rain could stall dieing through thirst but for real.... dieing through thirst or hunger is nothing less but bad routeplanning. grab a map and plan your route around lakes or waterpumps. allways drink on lakes and refill the empty bottle. if you have the tools to hunt you wont die on hunger either. dieing because of these things is simple stupidity.

Yeah and please let us drink our own pee' date=' thats how the guys are doing it in the desert. This needs to be fixed. =)

[/quote']

Yeah!

Get Bear Grylls on the dev team!

Bear Grylls has other options than his own piss.