I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, I searched but couldn't find anything.

I wanted to know if server admins / owners agreed with banning for name, or if the devs have given us information on where we stand with it.

I believe that player names are part of the language they use, and if their names contain racist or hate language, I'd consider that good grounds for a ban. What do you guys think?

I ask because I banned a player for his name tonight, see if you can spot which one:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9518/arma2oa2012063023593516.jpg

Not sure if there is an official stance on it, but the community i'm apart of is strictly against racism, so i would ban for it.

I think there is no discussion needed on that topic. I banned a guy named judenbengel...and i honestly dont care if anyone thinks this is wrong, if people come on my server using racist/warcriminal or whatever insulting names they get booted with no mercy.

In addition rocket said once that racism and stuff is a legit reason to ban, I think your guy can be treated that way.

A guy named Faggot Slayer was banned from our server.

We kicked him twice and told him to change his name, he didn't. So we removed him from the server.

I think there is no discussion needed on that topic. I banned a guy named judenbengel...and i honestly dont care if anyone thinks this is wrong, if people come on my server using racist/warcriminal or whatever insulting names they get booted with no mercy.

In addition rocket said once that racism and stuff is a legit reason to ban, I think your guy can be treated that way.

I just stumbled across this thread and even if it is kind of old, hope you have email notification on. I am not sure if "Judenbengel" would classify for a racist name. I don't know if you speak German, but that name means translated as much as "naughty jewish boy". "Bengel" meaning as much as "naughty boy". And he calls himself a "Judenbengel", so he is calling himself a Jew.

The other name in the first post, "Adolf Nigger-Zerstörer" is quite clear. "Zerstörer" meaning as much as "destroyer". That's clearly racist, but I have the feeling that calling "Judenbengel" racist is making the word "Jude" or in English "Jew" a racist word, what would be a racist act itself.

So, how do you explain that this name is racist?

Do not revive old, old Topics.

The rules have not changed for Official Hive Servers.