exec85

Explanation Persisten server

Hi guys,

I am back to the game after ~ 4 month. I am glad to see so many new implementations and fixes. It is really a lot of fun again and I am totally looking Forward to the new DayZ engine coming.

I read a bit about the new Kind of serbvers, called persistent. To be honest I am not sure if I understood correct how they work. Maybe I just write down what I understood and you could help me anserwing some questions or correct me if I am wrong.

1. Persistent Servers save ALL loot on the Server from all sources

QUESTION: also items I found on another Server and bring them to a persistent Server - Tent e. g. ?

2. I was on 3 different persistent Servers none saved the items neither external nor direct server loot. Anybody knows what could be the reason?

3. Are there any good persistent Servers (Europe) ? All I found were empty or it seems they were fake Servers (stating to be persistent but aren't really)

4. I recognized there was no loot on any place on one persistent Server I joined. IS there still this Item drop hack working like a magnet which causes all items to dissapear at their origin Location?

5. How does new loot or loot respawn on persistent Servers?

MANY THANKS GUYS FOR HELPING ME!

Edited by exec85

I would like to know this too, I found a tent but how does it work with the servers :P

well what I know, because I lost two tents already, Standard serves will despawn your tent after restart. Only persistent Servers "should" save your items. But I am not sure if u Need to find them on this server or if you can bring a tent from a Standard Server onto a persistent one to save it there.

the Problem is either most of the serves are fake, because they state it would be persistent but it is not.. (mentioned that I lost tents and a lot of stuff on those Servers). Also those persistent Servers (official once) are mostly empty at least for EU Region. And I am afraid to join another non-official Server because  I dont trust them and don't want to loose again my stuff becuase they Name their Server incorrect,.

Edited by exec85

Honestly I have no experiences in stable but in experimental it seems like persistent servers keep items in place after restarts. So if you just looted through a town and the server restarts you will find the same loot as before after rejoining and maybe even stuff you dropped (at least I found way more "leftovers" in experimental). Still manipulated items seem to despawn after a certain period of time - not sure if putting them inside a tents stops this from happening. According to others backpacks do not prevent items inside from despawning though.

This is surprising - in the majority of my experiences with persistent servers, the loot is almost always gone (with the exception of wrenches, pens etc) and trying to survive is damn near impossible.

Please note that some of these servers I had joined immediately after restart but still struggled to find loot there, have I just been unlucky?

• Like 1

I logged into one of the current stable persistence enabled servers (not an official one) and seen a ruined Improvised Backpack in the middle of a firestation (with a ruined magnum inside).  Now I have no idea if the backpack was ruined when it was dropped, but I suspect it was from someone that died in there and all their gear and backpack was ruined.

Now I went back onto that server 24-36 hours later and the same items were still there inside the fire station.

I believe whats meant to happen is that dropped items will degrade in quality then despawn after a period of time (dont know how long).

Backpacks can be dropped and left for a few days before they degrade in quality and despawn (Dont know how long this takes but i think a few days)

Tents should keep everything as long as you visit them every few days.

We all know there are issues and bugs with persistence.

Edited by Beav

This is surprising - in the majority of my experiences with persistent servers, the loot is almost always gone (with the exception of wrenches, pens etc) and trying to survive is damn near impossible.

Please note that some of these servers I had joined immediately after restart but still struggled to find loot there, have I just been unlucky?

Nope I've had the same, barren except for the useless shit you mentioned. This is why they're empty.