pizuicas

Your help with Tents on "dead" servers.

Dear all:

We found 2 tents and placed them on Dayz Florida 2-0 and Dayz Florida 2-10 (one on each).  Both were persistent and both from gameservers.  Like 4 days ago the 2-0 does not show up and appears dead.  Today we seem to have lost the 2-10.  Are they shut down for good? how do I find out that information?

If they are lost or shut down for good, which servers should I use? which one do you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers.

They both appear to be offline and not responding some time after the 21st.   I would suggest in the meantime going through here to find a community or player that might be consistently hosting a persistent server.

Below is the most recent activity for FL 2-0//2-10 is pretty much the same.

SERVER INFO

• IP:4.79.145.91:27016
  • Players:0 / 40 (average: 0)
  • Type:DayZ Server
  • Map:DayZ_Auto
  • Last Updated:
    8m17s ago
  • Last DB Update:
    5d14h04m47s ago
  • Failures:

54 / 123
  • Added:136 days ago
  • DAYZ SERVER RANKING
  • Server has not ranked yet

GRAPHS / HISTORY

• PLAYERS
  • player.png?key=79302ac8566ab1ffedfbb1709
Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for your response.  Will try to find out more!

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

Recently I chose to put tent on Fragnet server, which died less frequently.....However, I lost 4 tent after LAX4-051 was "dead".....

In other words: finally we got persistence from our DayZ team and now everything depends solely on servers being up and alive?....a bit discouraging.

Anyhow, I followed Steak and Potatoes advice:

They both appear to be offline and not responding some time after the 21st.   I would suggest in the meantime going through here to find a community or player that might be consistently hosting a persistent server.

Below is the most recent activity for FL 2-0//2-10 is pretty much the same.

SERVER INFO

• IP:4.79.145.91:27016
  • Players:0 / 40 (average: 0)
  • Type:DayZ Server
  • Map:DayZ_Auto
  • Last Updated:
    8m17s ago
  • Last DB Update:
    5d14h04m47s ago
  • Failures:

54 / 123
  • Added:136 days ago
  • DAYZ SERVER RANKING
  • Server has not ranked yet

GRAPHS / HISTORY

• PLAYERS
  • player.png?key=79302ac8566ab1ffedfbb1709

and went for the top ranked servers for USA.  Will give it another try.   At the end of the day, the only thing we lose is pixels  :P .

Cheers

Both were persistent and both from gameservers.

Don't use/play on gameservers servers. Persistence doesn't work on their servers and they are using poorly working machines. We just closed our server from that provider and will never do business with them again. Reason being, tons of tickets and extended response times to tickets.

• Like 1

Don't use/play on gameservers servers. Persistence doesn't work on their servers and they are using poorly working machines. We just closed our server from that provider and will never do business with them again. Reason being, tons of tickets and extended response times to tickets.

Thank you Weyland....any recommendations for good stable servers?

Cheers mate!

Dear all:

We found 2 tents and placed them on Dayz Florida 2-0 and Dayz Florida 2-10 (one on each).  Both were persistent and both from gameservers.  Like 4 days ago the 2-0 does not show up and appears dead.  Today we seem to have lost the 2-10.  Are they shut down for good? how do I find out that information?

If they are lost or shut down for good, which servers should I use? which one do you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers.

Hey, I hate to break this to you, but it is your activity of stashing items in persistent servers that is causing the crashes, I do believe.

I had a dozen stash servers at one point, and they all went down within a few days of my starting to add items to those servers.  Without fail, for me, as I grew my stashes, the servers containing them would disappear.  After a week or so they come back, sans stashes.

Disappointing, but it is being worked on.  My advice is to not go wild with stashing loot just yet.

I am only guessing, but I have done it enough to where I suspect I am the one crashing them, by stashing too much goodness for a single server.

• Like 1

Hey, I hate to break this to you, but it is your activity of stashing items in persistent servers that is causing the crashes, I do believe.

I had a dozen stash servers at one point, and they all went down within a few days of my starting to add items to those servers.  Without fail, for me, as I grew my stashes, the servers containing them would disappear.  After a week or so they come back, sans stashes.

Disappointing, but it is being worked on.  My advice is to not go wild with stashing loot just yet.

I am only guessing, but I have done it enough to where I suspect I am the one crashing them, by stashing too much goodness for a single server.

I just feel over powered!...LOL, honest to God I hope you are wrong....but now that you mention this, I place 2 tents, both were full with guns and ammo....and both servers went dead....I do have as per today another one in another server, ranked top 20 for USA....let´s see...if that one goes dead....gee....it is me!.....

Thanks for the heads up and this "conspiracy theory"....hehehe

I read this thread as server hopping for a quick gear-up after dying or a quick resupply after battle.

I'm absolutely not ragging on anyone as everyone has the right to play the game as they see fit, so there is no "right way" to play. 

In my opinion it just seems wrong for a fresh spawn to be able to make a bee line from the coast to a specific cord and gear up. Or for a player to use one server to game on and another as their "storage". Being able to have a "stash" takes away from the survival aspect. It means a player can use less caution and not really care as much if they run through supplies or even get killed. They can simply run to their storage and pick right up where they left off. 

There's no "survival" in that.

Again, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers. I guess I'm just saying that the game would be different if everyone had to survive on what they can carry.

If you are trying to be "realistic" in your assumption about what survival is and isn't then why should you be alive after you die at all?  The point of survival is not to die, yet when you die you respawn.  So in a world where this is possible, why is it not possible and considered "good practice" to have a stash of supplies somewhere?

• Like 1

I read this thread as server hopping for a quick gear-up after dying or a quick resupply after battle.

I'm absolutely not ragging on anyone as everyone has the right to play the game as they see fit, so there is no "right way" to play. 

In my opinion it just seems wrong for a fresh spawn to be able to make a bee line from the coast to a specific cord and gear up. Or for a player to use one server to game on and another as their "storage". Being able to have a "stash" takes away from the survival aspect. It means a player can use less caution and not really care as much if they run through supplies or even get killed. They can simply run to their storage and pick right up where they left off. 

There's no "survival" in that.

Again, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers. I guess I'm just saying that the game would be different if everyone had to survive on what they can carry.

Dear Skroo:

No server hoppers here.  I see your point, but as someone said, this is a game.  Re-spawning should not be allowed and perma-death a reality (even losing your game!).  I always try to see how to justify the non-realistic phases of this beautiful game.  For instance, you are storing and going "squirrel" with goods and then someone just finds your tent and is all gone!...my mate, just stocks food and rare items (like mosin speed loaders and so)...me.....I love military stuff......

But as you mentioned, there is no right or wrong way of doing this!....

Enjoy mate!

PS Normally I place my tents in the same server that i normally play.....and I try all the time to play with 25+ players in it......that keeps the tension of finding good PVP....

• Like 1