Sign in to follow this  
ishotbambi

Just surviving

I would say I'm fairly new. Played the mod a lot but the standalone much less. After playing a few times, joining up with friends and setting up around high traffic areas for some PVP I got tired of looting for a couple hours and then dying. 

Now I've just been surviving. Not just the normal way of looting buildings for food and drinks. All the food I eat are from the wooded areas whether it be apples, berries, fish or game. I allow myself to grow tomatoes but I stay away from towns mostly. I stay hydrated from rain or lake water and boil it to disinfect. Staying warm and dry by building a fire which I also use to cook all my food. 

When I loot the only things I take are weapons/ammo for PVP(I only kill someone if I have to) and to kill animals for food, clothing that doesn't involve combat use (vests, helmets), tools (matches, axe, knives). Food, drinks, medical supplies, explosives, binoculars, etc are not allowed to be picked up. I kind of have to judge whether it would be fair or not to take. 

I've been doing this for quite some time without running into any combat situations. Met a couple people who saw my fire from a distance as I was cooking food. Luckily they were friendly. I gave them some food and they went on their way. I play on the experimental servers so If you are in the middle of nowhere and see someone come say hello. I never stay in one spot for too long though.

• Like 1

I tried this and learnt the hard way not to eat blue berries! I took a gamble and ate a heap at once (not a highlight of my decisions in DayZ)

If I'm on the Experimental servers and I see you, I'll definitely say hel

No message received for 17 seconds

• Like 3