saamohod

Shoes in experimental

Not essential... in your opinion.

You seem to have problems getting this through your head: you don't represent the playerbase. Hell, you likely don't represent the majority of the playerbase!

In my opinion (and apparently, the opinion of some of the most veteran forum members), we want a survival game. Essential to that is diseases, infections, and degradation of equipment.

No ..what YOU cant get through YOUR head is that i know what made the game popular and i have the facts to back that up and so yes i do represent the majority of the playerbase whether you like it or not ...when i say the game was made popular by the mod and what the mod itself was gameplay wise etc and not on what people "heard" the game was im fully correct as yet again like i said above if people didn't like the mod then the mod would have died and we wouldn't even be talking about a standalone.

And you too seem to think that you speak for the playerbase when you say that my opinions are wrong ....when you cant even back yourself up with facts. Im more inclined to say i can and do represent the playerbase much more than you ever will simply because i have the facts and the fact is the game was made popular by the mod and the mod didnt have all this indept crap like boots. Now i myself am not against adding things like boots but when you start adding more and more crap indepth wise onto it it just takes away from what made the game popular and that was its simplicity etc.

Kill zombies ...kill players or team with players ...loot essential stuff like food and survive. Survive in itself varies by what you mean when you say survive....people survived just fine with killing some animals looting some simple supermarkets and hospitals and they would have all they need and that was fun hence the game was popular.

Edited by Massicor

Again.

That is NOT what the game IS that's what MOST of the PLAYERS have decided it is and turned the player base in to.

Why the hell should they change the game to cater to people who aren't playing it as intended? They have plenty money from early access to not need to so they're probably not going to.

Which is great for those of us who want a genuine survival experience not a do anything and you get shot for no reason experience.

Would you kindly read:

"Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive."

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

Does it say the focus is on PVP?

/argument

"Welcome to the world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive."

That is written in a way to get people to play the game "this is again what you "HEARD"  ...there obviously going to make it sound great to hype it and you asked does it say the focus is on PVP ? well whether you like or not thats what you got ...it doesn't say either that the game is not focused on pvp ...also doesn't mention its its focused on pve or not and thats another fact ..one of many that i have to back myself up.

Anyways lets apply that sales statement to the mod ..still fits in with exactly what the mod offered and how simple was the mod ? YES AGAIN I HAVE THE FACTS.

Edited by Massicor

how simple was the mod ? YES AGAIN I HAVE THE FACTS.

What facts are those? That the mod didn't have anything like the shoes wearing out?

Being a Developer I am fairly certain we never ruled something like that out because of gameplay-purposes. It was simply not possible as a Mod.

• Like 2

What facts are those? That the mod didn't have anything like the shoes wearing out?

Being a Developer I am fairly certain we never ruled something like that out because of gameplay-purposes. It was simply not possible as a Mod.

You have not read and understood what i wrote if you haven't seen the facts. Down to its simplest form the fact is that what made this game popular was the mod ...and what made the mod popular was the gameplay (not what people "heard" the game was) within the mod itself.

Its simplicity to all elements of the game ..it had a bit of everything which was fun because it wasn't too much in-depth and im not saying there wasn't room to add more in-depth stuff but lets take the boots for example ...it should have stopped at them being able to degrade down to damage from bullets or something but going further to things such as degrading over time and possibly even further down the line  and the direction that you guys seem to have headed is that you'll add even more in-depth stuff such as foot size and infections due to shoes that don't fit etc.Thats too much complexity and its not what made the game popular and this is just one example of one small feature you have added thats already way to complex...you also have your hospital loot etc such as blood bags and blood type....just way to overboard.

Go back to basics and what made the game fun/popular .

Edited by Massicor

You have not read and understood what i wrote if you haven't seen the facts. Down to its simplest form the fact is that what made this game popular was the mod ...and what made the mod popular was the gameplay (not what people "heard" the game was) within the mod itself.

Its simplicity to all elements of the game ..it had a bit of everything which was fun because it wasn't too much in-depth and im not saying there wasn't room to add more in-depth stuff but lets take the boots for example ...it should have stopped at them being able to degrade down to damage from bullets or something but going further to things such as degrading over time and possibly even further down the line  and the direction that you guys seem to have headed is that you'll add even more in-depth stuff such as foot size and infections due to shoes that don't fit etc.Thats too much complexity and its not what made the game popular and this is just one example of one small feature you have added thats already way to complex...you also have your hospital loot etc such as blood bags and blood type....just way to overboard.

Go back to basics and what made the game fun/popular .

And yet, there are posts here on this forum clamoring for MORE COMPLEXITY, MORE REALISM. The game itself is already fun AND popular, boyo, as evidenced by it's sales figures.

Methinks you go a bit too overboard, yourself.  What you want is not what the community wants.

• Like 1

And yet, there are posts here on this forum clamoring for MORE COMPLEXITY, MORE REALISM. The game itself is already fun AND popular, boyo, as evidenced by it's sales figures.

Methinks you go a bit too overboard, yourself.  What you want is not what the community wants.

Of course there are posts asking for more complexity ....but they are a very very small minority of the player base but makes it seem like more because they make themselves heard as they post on forums which most people don't and they tell everyone else who does post on the forums but that dont agree with them and tries to speak up against them and the devs ideas to go play something else or try make there point/opinion seem invalid by stating some crap that in itself if not valid.

Now im not so easily pushed aside ..i deal with these type of people all the time and iv been a part of the community in dayz from the very beginning and when i say something i back it up with the facts which most people on this forums who tell the others to go away cant seem to do.

"The game itself is already fun AND popular, boyo, as evidenced by it's sales figures." Actually as evidenced by its sale figures...the mod made it popular and got the standalone its sales ....the mod was simple and fun hence its popularity.... BOYO

So yes what i want is what the majority of the community wants and that's simplicity and fun with some realism....as shown by the sales figures of the standalone which was made popular by the mod and ill state it again the mod was made popular because its its simplicity gameplay wise. Now again there is room to make things more realistic and in depth and keep it fun but when you go overboard and makes things too complex and too realistic ...the game isnt fun anymore and its not what made the game popular. The facts are there.

Edited by Massicor

Of course there are posts asking for more complexity ....but they are a very very small minority of the player base but makes it seem like more because they make themselves heard as they post on forums which most people don't and they tell everyone else who does post on the forums but that dont agree with them and tries to speak up against them and the devs ideas to go play something else or try make there point/opinion seem invalid by stating some crap that in itself if not valid.

Now im not so easily pushed aside ..i deal with these type of people all the time and iv been a part of the community in dayz from the very beginning and when i say something i back it up with the facts which most people on this forums who tell the others to go away cant seem to do.

"The game itself is already fun AND popular, boyo, as evidenced by it's sales figures." Actually as evidenced by its sale figures...the mod made it popular and got the standalone its sales ....the mod was simple and fun hence its popularity.... BOYO

PAHAHAHAAHAHA. Pretty much no-one here is believing a word you say. Either back your claims with proof, or stop wasting our time.

Back to topic, I just examined my combat boots, and the sole was peeling off one of them. I only wear them on campouts and hikes, so everyday usage is not applicable. So, combat boots aren't invulnerable to wear and tear either.

PAHAHAHAAHAHA. Pretty much no-one here is believing a word you say. Either back your claims with proof, or stop wasting our time.

Back it up with proof ? I have ...many many times you must not be able to comprehend some simple facts and figures hahaha sad really. You see your the one that has no facts or proof ...your one of those people i was talking about above ....let me quote it here as it seems you have problems reading as you couldnt find the proof/facts from my previous posts.

This is you (one of those people): "Of course there are posts asking for more complexity ....but they are a very very small minority of the player base but makes it seem like more because they make themselves heard as they post on forums which most people don't and they tell everyone else who does post on the forums but that dont agree with them and tries to speak up against them and the devs ideas to go play something else or try make there point/opinion seem invalid by stating some crap that in itself if not valid"

"Now im not so easily pushed aside ..i deal with these type of people all the time and iv been a part of the community in dayz from the very beginning and when i say something i back it up with the facts which most people on this forums who tell the others to go away cant seem to do"

There you go pal.

Edited by Massicor

-SNIP-

Quoting yourself isn't proof. It just....isn't.

What IS proof, however, is numerical examples: polls, graphs, data, all the suggests that the majority of the playerbase doesn't want complexity, doesn't want survival, and instead wants a basic 24/7 PvP-fest 

And, the burden of proof isn't on me, because I am not trying to actively prove something. You, however, are.

Anyways im done with explaining why the game should go back to basics and simplicity ...i have the facts and you cant dispute those no matter if your a dev or just another player.

Back to shoes then ...are their durability/degradation currently measured by time ? or are they/should they be measured by distance and terrain/weather? because obviously if you use them alot and through tough terrain then they would degrade much faster ! or is that too complex ? i don't know where the line is drawn anymore because if your trying to make it realistic then you must go all in or its not actually realistic which defeats the point of making it realistic at all.

Edited by Massicor

Quoting yourself isn't proof. It just....isn't.

What IS proof, however, is numerical examples: polls, graphs, data, all the suggests that the majority of the playerbase doesn't want complexity, doesn't want survival, and instead wants a basic 24/7 PvP-fest 

And, the burden of proof isn't on me, because I am not trying to actively prove something. You, however, are.

THE PROOF is in the popularity of the mod ...god use your brain. I wont spoon feed you it anymore... if you cant comprehend it then you don't deserve to make an opinion on it or try to make my facts and opinions invalid. Im not trying to prove anything ....its already been proven in itself . end of

Edited by Massicor

That is written in a way to get people to play the game "this is again what you "HEARD"  ...there obviously going to make it sound great to hype it and you asked does it say the focus is on PVP ? well whether you like or not thats what you got ...it doesn't say either that the game is not focused on pvp ...also doesn't mention its its focused on pve or not and thats another fact ..one of many that i have to back myself up.

Anyways lets apply that sales statement to the mod ..still fits in with exactly what the mod offered and how simple was the mod ? YES AGAIN I HAVE THE FACTS.

And yet you're saying people want a shoot 'em up zombie game, if that's the case why is it not advertised as such?

It's a survival game, the players just ruined it by making it a PVP deathmatch all round PVP was always going to be a thing but it's not the highlight of the game, granted it can be the most interesting thing to do currently but it's not what the game is for you're supposed to be immersed and feel like a survivor.

What kind of fool would immediately go find guns and start shooting everyone? It's a stupid mentality people brought in to the game that's stuck that's not what they made the game to be and not what they want it to be, why should they deviate from their original ideas.

The mod is the mod, the standalone is the standalone it doesn't matter if the mod didn't have some things it's a first draft essentially.

They shouldn't not add things because the mod didn't have it and they make it more difficult it's not supposed to be a walk in the park and it's gradually becoming a run through a hallway filled with shattered glass, that's also on fire.

What good would it be recreating the mod? People still play the mod if that's what the people want apparently well they can go buy ARMA and download it.

• Like 2

Back to shoes then ...are their durability/degradation currently measured by time ? or are they/should they be measured by distance and terrain/weather? because obviously if you use them alot and through tough terrain then they would degrade much faster ! or is that too complex ? i don't know where the line is drawn anymore because if your trying to make it realistic then you must go all in or its not actually realistic which defeats the point of making it realistic at all.

You're right. I think in the Dev blog, it does say that terrain and movement speed will affect shoe degradation, so your wish is granted (hopefully).

With advanced weather impact we had introduced also some meaning for shoes you are wearing. But that wasn't enough for us within scope of the survival. Shoes have potential to became very important part of your clothes to take care of as they are gets damaged now depending on movement speed, surface type and distance traveled and eventually hurts your feet.

If you don't want your shoes to degrade, you can just walk around slowly on soft terrain and avoid bad weather. Everyone's happy.

Edited by Pillock