Sign in to follow this  
jakechap

My character almost never saves. i have two characters, and payed twice for the game on two steam accounts. my second accounts character doesnt save.

Help! My character almost never saves and I'm about to punch my monitor.

It seems you almost understand what Topic Title is for

• Like 1

assuming you know the difference btw dayz 1st or 3rd person servers, maybe you should try "Verify integrity of game cache" on Steam

So... (and feel free to not answer cause you did help)... 1st and 3rd person servers don't allow the others characters to join?

basicly you have two (1st and 3rd person) characters , so both have different save data.

• Like 1

Find one server and stick with it.  If it still doesn't save find a different server till you find one that works and stick with that one.  As stated there's 1st and 3rd Person servers, and data does not transfer between the two.  IE if you fully gear up with military stuff on a 1P server and join a 3P server, you'll be a freshspawn (or whatever you were last time you joined a 3P server).  Also it's possible that you are being killed somehow when you log out.  Your character stays in game for about 30 seconds (it may be longer), so if someone's been stalking you for some time and see you sit down, they can shoot you in the head and take your stuff, or if you were being chased by a zombie and log out the zombie has a pretty good chance of killing you before you disappear, then you'll respawn when you log in again.

Another thing that I'm not sure of and may have been solved already is that GSPs (game service providers) may or may not transfer information between different companies.  There's also bugs where your character fails to load, and if you log out fairly quickly and try again you'll get it back, but if you stay in you'll overwrite your old info

I'm a bit curious as to why you have two copies of DayZ.

• Like 2