Faneto

Mosin & Heli Crash Sites

My favorite town is now Severograd, never seen anyone there and tend to find couple of mosins and bunch of ammo. Not a single building is looted there... But it involves a lot of running. Anyway if you really wanna gear up as fast as you're hydrated/energised move away from all those clusterfuck towns full of kids and hackers and go north. Think I've been there twice since I play and regret it both times.

Edited by Miracool

Has anyone been finding SMGs in the police stations? I think I may have found one in a police station a few months ago and I have found a few in police cars before they disappeared, but haven't seen any SMGs since then. I have recently found both 15 and 30 round mags for them in the police stations recently but no SMGs and the mags are rare. I always hold on to the mags hoping to find the gun but never do.

I found my Mosin on the roof of an industrial building...eventually I found a PU scope, though I cant remember where. Early on I located two boxes of Mosin ammo. I never saw anymore after that. I was thrilled to get the hacksaw, then a little later the shotgun, and enough shells trickled in to keep things lively.

I also had about four boxes of .45 ACP which just seemed to be everywhere, but never saw a 1911.

Like the other poster said, when you're looking for it, it's never around.

I have never seen a crashsite except on YouTube... :P

I can't find any heli crashes, been searching for one entire afternoon, using the DayzDB guide, nothing.

I have a growing suspicion that UH60 crash sites (the smoking, NATO, M4 variety) are not spawning in 0.50. But at least we have bags of lime and welding masks, so that's ok. :o

Also I don't see anything spawning in tree hides...I think I have only seen a hard hat. That could have been dropped by a player.

I have a growing suspicion that UH60 crash sites (the smoking, NATO, M4 variety) are not spawning in 0.50. But at least we have bags of lime and welding masks, so that's ok. :o

Yeah but i can't find any russian heli crashes (mi17 ones?) as AK family weapons don't seem to spawn in long barracks/prison/atc/etc and I want to run around with the aks-74u+mosin. Maybe I'm just being extremely unlucky but I have looted yesterday veresnik mil base, pavlovo's mil base, zeleno's mil base, NWAF, Myshkino's new mil base (no barracks there though).

After that loot run I could only find 1 AKM 30rnd mag, loads of 556 ammo, only 1 box of 5.45 and also a good bunch of 7,62x39

Well now due to the 0.50 update I can't find any Mosins anymore, I was finding them always in police stations but now there's not even one. I was switching servers like... insanely.