Sign in to follow this  
PartyHans

Large remote building

Hi, so i couldn't see this anywhere, but it has probably been suggested.

I would love to see a big building like a mansion or asylum or just something that has multiple hallways and perhaps floors. Not for loot purposes (although it would have some of course) but for the close quarters feeling. So it's a large area to loot and explore, but you might run into some people, and it might get messy. On first person servers it would be intense to hear somebody enter, and you can't see around corners

The only thing that comes close to it are the hospitals, but that's not really big enough.

I think it might be too hard on server performance, but then again i have no idea how that works

Just a suggestion, thanks to anyone reading and i hope people agree

*edit* I forgot to mention that it would be in a remote location

Edited by PartyHans
  • Like 1

Would Be Interesting and if it was Remote rather than in Cities it Would Probably Not lag Worse than a Town

Not Sure if Chernarus Would Have a Mansion :/ They Seem Really Poor But Definitely Interesting Concept And i Would Like Exploring in the Dark Corridors

I Hear they are Adding a Prison Perhaps that will Be Large and Issolated

Edited by NokyoOkami

2 things.

1: They are planning on making a prison complex very similar to what you describe, not sure about the specifics but it will be exactly what your describing.

2: The Novo tower gives this close-combat sort of feel, go there on a crowded server if u havnt already.

I would love to see a GIANT factory building out in the middle of a forest somewhere.. I totally get your feels on this, I have been fantasizing of a huge building we can explore for a while now...

SO.. my giant fantasy factory structure would go something like this..

Ground floor - machine shop, entrance/sign in area

2nd floor - workers lockers/cafeteria/bathroom toilets

3rd- Accounts and offices

4th floor -maintenance, power and machinery control room

5th floor- Archive area for files and the likes

ALSO- I think an appropriate addition to this would also be a loading/receiving area where you could fit a truck inside a small bay that uses a roller door.

All levels can only be reached via one stairwell making it ideal for a hideout.. If i had it my way also I wouldnt make any important loot spawn there so people wouldnt flock to this location... you only go there if you really need to.. for odd tools and maybe equipment to repair a car... maybe some vegetables spawn in the cafeteria  

I would love to see a GIANT factory building out in the middle of a forest somewhere.. I totally get your feels on this, I have been fantasizing of a huge building we can explore for a while now...

SO.. my giant fantasy factory structure would go something like this..

Ground floor - machine shop, entrance/sign in area

2nd floor - workers lockers/cafeteria/bathroom toilets

3rd- Accounts and offices

4th floor -maintenance, power and machinery control room

5th floor- Archive area for files and the likes

ALSO- I think an appropriate addition to this would also be a loading/receiving area where you could fit a truck inside a small bay that uses a roller door.

All levels can only be reached via one stairwell making it ideal for a hideout.. If i had it my way also I wouldnt make any important loot spawn there so people wouldnt flock to this location... you only go there if you really need to.. for odd tools and maybe equipment to repair a car... maybe some vegetables spawn in the cafeteria  

Usualy Large Multi-story Buildings Have at Least 2 Stairwells For Safety/Fire Regulations Though Once the Doors Can Be Barred It Likely Would Still Make an Epic Base

Power\ Maintainance\ and Machine Control I Beleive Would Be Located in the Basement Due to its Heavy Nature of Such Utilities And Usualy Were they are  Located in Real Life Buildings  in Case the Upper Floors aren't Accessible And to Hide them And Minimalize Wasted Floors that Could Have Windows For Area's Were People Could Have Offices/ Work Area's

Going Down into the non Lit Basement with your Flashlight  to Start a Generator Would Be Eery Once they Add That Function xD

And Crawlers Could Lurk in those Dark Spaces

Edited by NokyoOkami

Usualy Large Multi-story Buildings Have at Least 2 Stairwells For Safety/Fire Regulations Though Once the Doors Can Be Barred It Likely Would Still Make an Epic Base

Power\ Maintainance\ and Machine Control I Beleive Would Be Located in the Basement Due to its Heavy Nature of Such Utilities And Usualy Were they are  Located in Real Life Buildings  in Case the Upper Floors aren't Accessible And to Hide them And Minimalize Wasted Floors that Could Have Windows For Area's Were People Could Have Offices/ Work Area's

Going Down into the non Lit Basement with your Flashlight  to Start a Generator Would Be Eery Once they Add That Function xD

And Crawlers Could Lurk in those Dark Spaces

Ha, sounds good too mee ! you should design it by the sounds :D The generator idea would be very good.. better get some petrol

But seriously, I'm so interested in the idea of unique large structures that can be utilized in the way we discuss here.. And being able to lock doors you really  could make a large building with 5+ stories filled with rooms a small catacomb of danger if invaders entered where you and your pals hideout exists... then we start to evolve from there and we can imagine the idea(s) of traps.. defensive traps and sound trigger traps.. Jezuz this game excites me

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Like 1

Ha, sounds good too mee ! you should design it by the sounds :D The generator idea would be very good.. better get some petrol

But seriously, I'm so interested in the idea of unique large structures that can be utilized in the way we discuss here.. And being able to lock doors you really  could make a large building with 5+ stories filled with rooms a small catacomb of danger if invaders entered where you and your pals hideout exists... then we start to evolve from there and we can imagine the idea(s) of traps.. defensive traps and sound trigger traps.. Jezuz this game excites me

Yeah I Hope when Barricading Comes into the frey that We Can do More Traps To Protect our Bases when we are out 

a Grenade Fixed to the Frame and the Pin Tied to the Doorhandle

or a Shotgun Trigger rig

Are some Good Examples i Have seen

if there was a Large Building with Basement I Just want to  Pickaxe out the Ground at the Front Door and Lay a Rug Across the hole

For a Swift

"you Are Dead"

"my Legs Are in extreme pain"

"I think My Legs are Broken"