haknslash

The President's Letter

This was a community event game we had where the winner would receive a free game (Project Zomboid) if they found the letter on one of us. Falcon was acting as the prez and we were his body guards to protect him. Of course things didn't quite work out like we had hoped but it was still good fun...

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 9

That was fun to watch and all but just who was "The President" or who was the letter carrier? It was hard to make out who was playing what parts. I really didn't see much body guarding of any sort. I am going to guess this is your first attempt at doing this? I would love to see how you guys do after you have done this a couple times. I am not bashing this by all means, please do not think that I am. Call it constructive criticism if you will. A bit more tactis on the body guards part would make this an extremely fun stream/video, as for the letter carrier/President ... just acting bossy and saying stupid stuff like, "It is time for a CHANGE!" would just add to the watchability of this if only to see him die. I will be keeping an eye out for future posts on this.

I give this a 3 of 5 Thumbs Up for now, could be a possible 5 of 5 with more tactical experience from the body guards!

thumbsup_zps592a813d.gifthumbsup_zps592a813d.gifthumbsup_zps592a813d.gif

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable. Soundtrack was superb, as Steak said. What's the name of the piece playing at around 9:00?

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

That was fun to watch and all but just who was "The President" or who was the letter carrier? It was hard to make out who was playing what parts. I really didn't see much body guarding of any sort. I am going to guess this is your first attempt at doing this? I would love to see how you guys do after you have done this a couple times. I am not bashing this by all means, please do not think that I am. Call it constructive criticism if you will. A bit more tactis on the body guards part would make this an extremely fun stream/video, as for the letter carrier/President ... just acting bossy and saying stupid stuff like, "It is time for a CHANGE!" would just add to the watchability of this if only to see him die. I will be keeping an eye out for future posts on this.

I give this a 3 of 5 Thumbs Up for now, could be a possible 5 of 5 with more tactical experience from the body guards!

thumbsup_zps592a813d.gifthumbsup_zps592a813d.gifthumbsup_zps592a813d.gif

We do community events quite often. I cut out a good chunk of the boring stuff where we were holding up areas for long periods since this event lasted around 3 hours. Usually there is some candid roleplaying, especially if Vector Bunny (Morgan Freeman) is playing with us. We were trying to flank the group that was on the east of the town surrounding the red building we were in. As we made it around the city we stumbled on another group that was in the same tree line we were headed to. Just didn't end like we wanted and we all got taken by surprise. Two of our group was back further and got some of the revenge for us but they ultimately died. M1NDR's video pespective shows what happened at the end as he was last to fall. To make matters worse supposedly the winner who shot Falcon (he was the president with the prized letter) died before taking a screen shot of the letter and posting it on twitter to claim his prize. So without any proof of him actually getting the letter Falcon decided its best to have a round 2 this weekend. I think the stakes have even doubled according to M1NDR. We will do it again this Sunday I believe. Feel free to come join in on the fun! Thanks for the CC and we will try and make this an entertaining event for all.

Here is M1NDR's perspective if you want to see it...

Thoroughly enjoyable. Soundtrack was superb, as Steak said. What's the name of the piece playing at around 9:00?

Glad you guys enjoyed the soundtrack. That song is called "Finish Line" by Pusher Music (composed by Hanna Lim).

• Like 2

intro - outro was sick maybe best intro/outro I've seen for a while.

choice of music - nice if you like whiny geek rock ballads and generic ambient soundtracks

the actual game play footage itself was pretty bland

Thanks glad you like my intro/outro. I 3D modeled and animated every bit of it so it's nice to see people do actually like it. It's different than the same ole intro everyone typically uses in DayZ.

Yeah my music variety is on a massive spectrum, probably more so than most others on here being in my late 30's. I tend to use music that I feel fits the mood but it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea and that's ok. Music is like eating food. Lots of variety out there but some people just like a good ole hamburger with fries. Besides I really don't think death metal or EazyE would of somehow pulled off the same feeling I was going for with the footage I had to work with :)

Edited by haknslash