Sign in to follow this  
Dazinth

Heli crashes with random no loot?

I was semi-looking for heli crashes over the last two days. I was maybe hitting 4-5 locations while running around, server resets as I am passing by the first. There was no warning so I was about 30 seconds away from seeing the half buried crash in the ground. I did everything I could think of, used my inventory to see items tried rolling into the heli and nothing not a single piece of loot near or around the heli. No signs of any people looting, big open field around the crash so I would most likely have seen the person looting at least running away as I was coming up on it, I would also think that someone would have left something there, if there way just some junk that would be left behind at least.

Then this morning I log back into the server once again near a different crash site nothing there so I start running away from it, server resets again. I come back in and I am almost literally on top of the crash site, once again not a single piece of loot in the half buried crash.

I know the smoking above ground heli's spawn loot as I found 3 mid morning, do the other crashes have a chance to just spawn nothing?

I think the crashsite has been looted before. That's the most likely reason.

I think the crashsite has been looted before. That's the most likely reason.

Yeah I suppose, the person or people must be lightning fast. I was only 30 seconds from the first site and I spawned back in the second time with the site in view. I can't imagine they had any time at all to loot (everything) and get 200m away to the tree line. The server had just restarted both times, they must have some incredible luck.

Edited by Dazinth

Every now and then I run into servers that spawn no loot. Probably that was the case.

Every now and then I run into servers that spawn no loot. Probably that was the case.

Also strange then, there was plenty of loot in Zele military base and in the city itself. Just nothing on the heli's.

You're saying the server restarted and the crashsite was still there? Or are you saying you logged in after a restart and the crashsite appeared for the first time? I ask because as far as I know, crashsites redeploy to new locations on server restart.

This would mean that the crashsite you hit must have undoubtedly been unlooted, and you were just unlucky and found nothing.

I think someone wrote on another thread that sometimes loot spawn below ground and you need to go prone and use "vicinity" to find the items.

You just need to be patient and wait until they learn how to do basic programming right.

• Like 1

You're saying the server restarted and the crashsite was still there? Or are you saying you logged in after a restart and the crashsite appeared for the first time? I ask because as far as I know, crashsites redeploy to new locations on server restart.

This would mean that the crashsite you hit must have undoubtedly been unlooted, and you were just unlucky and found nothing.

No heli there before the restart, once the server restarted it was there but no loot.

I did everything I could think of, used my inventory to see items tried rolling into the heli.

I think someone wrote on another thread that sometimes loot spawn below ground and you need to go prone and use "vicinity" to find the items.

You just need to be patient and wait until they learn how to do basic programming right.

I just found another half buried heli that was looted of anything good, there were items (pants and glasses) on the ground around the heli that no one wanted. This is what I was expecting to find. I was simply asking if these sites have a chance to spawn no loot.

Hackers have a tool that teleports loot into their hands from a distance. I often guess that they've just looted the crashes if the server restarted recently. It's also likley that they have helicrashes marked on their map, but I don't know that for sure.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

I have also run into the half-buried helicopters with no loot whatsoever in fairly remote locations.  I dry hump the helicopters quite vigorously for a good 15 minutes hoping to glitch my way into finding something, but to no avail.  In any case, whenever I do find loot it's been pretty disappointing, so I am at least a bit surprised that I don't always see the garbage lying around whenever I come across them.  It's hard to imagine someone picking up a pile of soiled diapers and stuffing them in their backpack when they could be holding something more useful like a can of soda.

Mi-8s are broken, need fixing and I think all are aware of it. If done properly, they should be (a) not glitched into the ground and (b) spawn Eastern Bloc items roughly equivalent to the NATO items at UH60 sites - AK101s/AKMs/attachments/mags, etc.

As it is, they spawn only crappy clothing, with an occasional Gorka helmet, or tac vest, or (very, very rarely?) a SMERSH vest.

I just found another half buried heli that was looted of anything good, there were items (pants and glasses) on the ground around the heli that no one wanted. This is what I was expecting to find. I was simply asking if these sites have a chance to spawn no loot.

They are not looted it is just they are hallf buried and you cannot see the items.  The burnings ones are the easiest to find loot since they are not buried into the ground.