Sign in to follow this  
TulaNoyes

more guns-

i love the fact that dayz has ww2 guns in it especially the mosin. it would be cool if they would add more varients of the mosin like the shorter m44 with the folding boyanet and the m38 "just a shorter vesion of the m91/30. and since it has been confirmed that they are adding in the m1 garande i would assume they are adding in 30/06 ammo which they could add the bolt action 30/06 rifle as well.

Guns i would love to see in the game

8mm mauser K98 maybe a semi auto 8mm weapon like the Hakim or the ww2 g43

stv 40 "the semi auto mosin"

springfeild m1a1 "m14"

• Like 1

I am definitely for WW2 era weaponry maybe add these to the unofficial weapons master list in suggestions so it does not get lost http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-version-124/

Regards,

Steak.

• Like 3

i love the fact that dayz has ww2 guns in it especially the mosin. it would be cool if they would add more varients of the mosin like the shorter m44 with the folding boyanet and the m38 "just a shorter vesion of the m91/30.

Beans.

There was technically never a gun called the "M1A1", the M14 was actually called M14 during construction trials.

The M1A is the civilian manufactured version of the M14, with an empty notch where the original selector switch would've gone. (Note that M14s stopped being made in select-fire fairly early on so nowadays that's the only way to distinguish them.)

But yes, an M14 would be cool, as well as the SVT-40.

There's no real point in them doing an M38 or M44 for any reason other than variety, because we've got the full length M91/30 and the Obrez already.

There's no real point in them doing an M38 or M44 for any reason other than variety, because we've got the full length M91/30 and the Obrez already.

They could add the m44 or m38 as a version of the mosin that does not take any accessories not even the pu then shift the loot tables by making the m44 common and then moving the pu optic capable 9130 into a controlled list that is made rarer.

This would achieve having a low tiered mil surplus bolt action rifle filling the role of the enfield from the mod.

of course they could always just strip the mosin that is in game now and give it a straight bolt and achieve the same thing.

There was technically never a gun called the "M1A1", the M14 was actually called M14 during construction trials.

The M1A is the civilian manufactured version of the M14, with an empty notch where the original selector switch would've gone. (Note that M14s stopped being made in select-fire fairly early on so nowadays that's the only way to distinguish them.)

yes thank you i meant to the m1a the civilian version. becuase finding a real m14 would be like a unicorn

veriety is always good in a game like this. just like the one double barrel u always see the izh wouldnt you like to find an ithica olimpia or a old westernish coach gun every once an a while. plus they would have to change very little with the m91/30 models to make them a part of the game.

They could add the m44 or m38 as a version of the mosin that does not take any accessories not even the pu then shift the loot tables by making the m44 common and then moving the pu optic capable 9130 into a controlled list that is made rarer.

This would achieve having a low tiered mil surplus bolt action rifle filling the role of the enfield from the mod.

of course they could always just strip the mosin that is in game now and give it a straight bolt and achieve the same thing.

this is a good idea. make m91/30 alittle harder to find , becuase lets face it even most of the m91/30s would actually be impossible to add the pu optics on in real life without redrilling the holes and cutting off part of the stock, but this way everyone that finds a mosin isnt going to be able to run out and be a sniper

of course they could always just strip the mosin that is in game now and give it a straight bolt and achieve the same thing

I don't believe any variant of the mosin warrants being on a controlled list/"limited", it's not some special weapon just because it can utilize the PU scope. They solve this by simply making the PU scope hard to find, not by going "all or nothing" on the attachment system.

In this case, the Mosin would actually be worse than the Enfield, because Lee-Enfields are far more accurate, and use 10 rounds, rather than 5. Maybe we inherently disagree, but I don't see how having a rifle that can put on a relatively hard to find scope somehow warrants it being a controlled spawn.

yes thank you i meant to the m1a the civilian version. becuase finding a real m14 would be like a unicorn

I don't think it really matters, all "real M14s" produced after a certain point lost the select-fire capability. The only noticeable difference you're going to find between post-selector switch removal and pre-selector removal guns is the notch that exists in M1As. Otherwise, you've got three semi-automatic nearly identical guns.

Chances are it'd be called the M14 anyway, because the M14 is a military designation and Springfield Armory's M1A is an actual product.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Every item should be controlled and carefully tweaked by the devs.

This would also help ensure zero duplication of items and if there are items it would help identifying those who do and allow for swift bannage.

Every item should be controlled and carefully tweaked by the devs.

This would also help ensure zero duplication of items and if there are items it would help identifying those who do and allow for swift bannage.

That I can agree with, but the way you made it sound like the Mosin should be controlled in a way similar to the SVD, ala "only 100 mosins in the entire game, private shards and hives included"

That I can agree with, but the way you made it sound like the Mosin should be controlled in a way similar to the SVD, ala "only 100 mosins in the entire game, private shards and hives included"

It should but at a much higher number than the SVD of course.

I don't believe any variant of the mosin warrants being on a controlled list/"limited", it's not some special weapon just because it can utilize the PU scope. They solve this by simply making the PU scope hard to find, not by going "all or nothing" on the attachment system.

In this case, the Mosin would actually be worse than the Enfield, because Lee-Enfields are far more accurate, and use 10 rounds, rather than 5. Maybe we inherently disagree, but I don't see how having a rifle that can put on a relatively hard to find scope somehow warrants it being a controlled spawn.

I don't think it really matters, all "real M14s" produced after a certain point lost the select-fire capability. The only noticeable difference you're going to find between post-selector switch removal and pre-selector removal guns is the notch that exists in M1As. Otherwise, you've got three semi-automatic nearly identical guns.

Chances are it'd be called the M14 anyway, because the M14 is a military designation and Springfield Armory's M1A is an actual product.

i was refering to the fact that m14s were never made available for citizens in the US to buy as mil surplus. becuase of how easy it was to switch the guns back to select fire, i guess i really didnt take into account that this game is based in a russia type area and the US sold most of the ones they didnt destroy to other countries.

i was refering to the fact that m14s were never made available for citizens in the US to buy as mil surplus. becuase of how easy it was to switch the guns back to select fire, i guess i really didnt take into account that this game is based in a russia type area and the US sold most of the ones they didnt destroy to other countries.

The biggest differences would be the selector switch notch, and honestly I don't think I'd lose any sleep over whether it was present or not, because it's such a minor difference that it's hardly even worth worrying about.

Any sort of M14 in the game would be cool, regardless.

they could ad a remington mini14 just to have a semi auto rifle thats cool and one that uses the 223 round. i find m4 ammo all the time.. never the m4. 

they could ad a remington mini14 just to have a semi auto rifle thats cool and one that uses the 223 round. i find m4 ammo all the time.. never the m4. 

Ruger Mini-14 would be cool, but only if they decide to make the .223 a universal round, because right now it seems like it'll be standard for rarer military weapons.

They could still do a Ruger Mini-30, which is the 7.62x39mm variant, though.

There was an M1A1, the cost-reduced / mechanically simplified WW2 version of the Thompson .45 ACP SMG.

Planned to add some already.

Currently busy in real life.

Be patient and make sure to glance at the list every now and then.

There was an M1A1, the cost-reduced / mechanically simplified WW2 version of the Thompson .45 ACP SMG.

I meant in relation to the M1 Garand/M14 series, but yeah, that is true.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Thompson in the game at some point, as most of the weaponry aid the US sent to the Soviet Union did consist of Thompsons, and they're one of the few US WW2 weapons used in significant quantities in Eastern Europe post-WW2. That, and there were plenty of licensed and unlicensed copies produced throughout the Soviet Union and her allies, so even those wouldn't be too bad.

The Soviets only got Thompsons in WW2 because they were "bundled" with the tanks supplied by the USA.