Sign in to follow this  
treetop82

It's only a matter of time before you randomly die.

Can we please get some sort of way to look up how we died? 

This is my third time dying randomly after spending a week on a character. Today, I "broke my leg", "my leg is in pain" to a black screen of "You are dead." within 2 seconds. No sounds, no gunshots, I was on some stairs standing still. 

If a player killed me, no big deal I would accept it. If a random bug in the game killed me, then I'm going to quit and come back in 4 months. No doubt "random death" bugs are the worst type of bug to plague the game because it drives paying "Alpha" testers away from your tortoise-paced project. These should be fixed immediately.

If you are charging $30 to play your Alpha game, at least have the respect to fix the bugs that let give your testers some sort of solid foundation to explore and give genuine feedback (or let them know how they died, even if it's delayed 30 mins).

• Like 1

Search for WOBO on youtube, and watch his video about bonedamage.

Simply put, you dont regen bonedamage. So you will die from 1 hit eventually, if your bonehealth has degraded over time. (From zeds/players etc)

• Like 5

I can understand your frustration over losing a character in an incomplete and buggy game that is in development. along with your anger at things not being done at a pace that pleases you, or being done in the order you deem necessary.... but your attitude is shit so don't be surprised by any flaming that might come your way

If a random bug in the game killed me, then I'm going to quit and come back in 4 months. 

Make it 6, and use them to read up on what is an alpha stage game. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Simply put, you dont regen bonedamage. So you will die from 1 hit eventually, if your bonehealth has degraded over time. (From zeds/players etc)

Did not know that. Going to take care much more around zeds now.

• Like 1

Search for WOBO on youtube, and watch his video about bonedamage.

I always just bring up my sights and look for unusual sway. If it is - time for a splint/some morphine.

OP - There are a bunch of bugs, waiting 6 months may be the best for you since it doesn't seem you can handle them.

• Like 1

I always just bring up my sights and look for unusual sway. If it is - time for a splint/some morphine.

OP - There are a bunch of bugs, waiting 6 months may be the best for you since it doesn't seem you can handle them.

According to WOBO's testing, theres no way to regenerate bonehealth.

I was on some stairs standing still.

By any chance the "I break your leg and ruin your clothing"-stairs in a fire station? :P

dem pixels though, eh? so much emotion, so sad a death, much commiserations i'll light a wee candle and say a prayer for your character..

According to WOBO's testing, theres no way to regenerate bonehealth.

So, I've been alive since .49 release and have broken my leg once. You're saying I'm just gonna die from 1 zombie hit eventually? That would be a sad day.

Maybe all those Telescopic Baton duels were not a good idea :(

As far as I remember, being hit 45+ times on the spine, from a zombie, will kill you. Even if you heal up to full health between hits.

Sorry for OT.

Here's the research Aggathor has done on the ( yet to be officially confirmed ) bone damage status:

• Like 1

By any chance the "I break your leg and ruin your clothing"-stairs in a fire station? :P

Yeah learned this the really hard way. No castles or firestars for me again. Anyways last time I was in a firehouse I was about go go upstars when I hear Z noises. Ran outside and went around the building but nothing. When close to the stairs and there it was again. I was really not going up.

I can understand your frustration over losing a character in an incomplete and buggy game that is in development. along with your anger at things not being done at a pace that pleases you, or being done in the order you deem necessary.... but your attitude is shit so don't be surprised by any flaming that might come your way

Flame away. My attitude isn't "shit" but having an instant-death type bug really drives valuable testers away. 

ChainReactor: great video, thanks for that.

Flame away. My attitude isn't "shit" but having an instant-death type bug really drives valuable testers away. 

Only if they aren't very good testers in the first place. If someone is easily discouraged by bugs they aren't a very useful tester.

• Like 3

Only if they aren't very good testers in the first place. If someone is easily discouraged by bugs they aren't a very useful tester.

This. Alpha testers are meant to find these bugs and report them.

If you are charging $30 to play your Alpha game, at least have the respect to fix the bugs that let give your testers some sort of solid foundation to explore and give genuine feedback (or let them know how they died, even if it's delayed 30 mins).

See that's where you are wrong, you paid $30 towards the development of the game and in return you are allowed to help find, test and report any and all issues you might find, also you get to keep the game when it's fully released. If you can't handle the bugs that are with this Alpha then you're in the wrong place. Go uninstall and come back in a year or so.

• Like 1

so in your words a "valuable" alpha tester is one who loses a character to a known (and very well known) bug then leaves screaming "blahharglebarglebubbleimcompletethisgamesucksimoutyall!!!"?

and who are theses valuable alpha testers that are leaving?

I think in reality you found your special kit you've been searching for and was silly enough to stop and stand on a staircase... when, if you had done any research or barely skimmed the forums you would know this action means death.. and you're throwing a hissy fit over it.

it's ok though... I myself have taken a break now and then from days. come back later dude, refreshed and ready to have your favorite kit fucked up again and again. because, really, dying and restarting is the best way (in my opinion) to test this game. but that's just my opinion...

this bug sucks, it is alpha, but it puts you in a huge disadvantage, so you can have a fight with someone with a gun, and the person who got hit less with zombies will win the fight, (a fresh spawn with a gun will be the most powerful fighter you meet)

This bone stuff. Is it true?  I am rubbish at fighting with Z's have had two broken legs and one broken arm and been hit loads of times but I'm still alive.

this bug sucks, it is alpha, but it puts you in a huge disadvantage, so you can have a fight with someone with a gun, and the person who got hit less with zombies will win the fight, (a fresh spawn with a gun will be the most powerful fighter you meet)

Only if your idea of a firefight is you taking turns shooting each other once with the exact same weapon. Most people in DayZ who die by gun, I'm guessing partly based on my own experience, are the victims of someone getting the drop on them. The few times I've killed people, they were dead either before or only very shortly after being aware that I was there - my "bone condition" was irrelevant.

Edited by Ebrim

At the moment the in depth mechanics are being implemented in a real shitty way. Bleeding,Hunger,Bone damage,Disease,Exposure,Weight,Stamina shouldn't be partly implemented partly then worked on at the same time. One should be the point of attention, then once that mechanic is in working order work on the next one. This bone integrity issue is a real upset for the fact that you can't delay or repair it. I see clans and two man teams killing each other to reset their character while the other sits on their loot.

But maybe it's realistic? The more injuries you get in real life tend to add up over time. The peak fitness appears to be healthy, energized and hydrated. Once you reached that if you keep getting injured you'll eventually die.

I don't have a problem with this. Remember there is no access to surgery, physio or rehab. Eventually running around getting hit all the time without decent medical care will kill you.

• Like 1