ZeroGravityx92

Seattle 102 Admin Abuse

Was playing with my friend earlier this morning in Seattle 102 where we managed to find a car, a red UAZ I believe is the name. We played around with it for a while and then we had to go so we parked it, well-hidden from any well-traveled routes or towns, saved the car.. logged out.

We came back later to find that the server was locked with people inside it. About 15 mins later, the server was finally unlocked and my friend jumped in and the car was gone.

I kind of find it unfair as we are PRETTY sure they locked it so they could find their car.. Why else would a server get locked and then magically our car was lost after it was unlocked? :s

Thanks.. would appreciate it if someone could look into it.

No freps no proof lol

Well, my friend actually recorded everything between finding the car and saving it / stashing it. So i'll direct him in here with the images.

I'm the owner of seattle 102 and I never locked the server. I'm still new at the game and being an admin, but I'm not dumb enough to break the T&C and lock the server. If this happened last night, it's probably because I was messing with the automated server restarts, and was trying to figure out how to ban a player after he was caught logging to avoid getting killed. Also, my friends and I are fairly new to the game and we don't even have access to any vehicles. So sorry to burst your bubble, but I wasn't abusing my admin rights.

Also, I did stop the server this morning to change the MOTD, to let the players know that they will be banned if they get caught logging to avoid death.

Because car save positions are a bit wonky atm? It really says a lot about you that upon finding your car gone the first thing you do is assume the admins stole it.

I would have to agree that the server admins/owner is abusing. Ive been playing on this server as my main server for a few days now and established a base on it. Last night I was looting the NW airfield and so happened to run into one of the 3 people on the server. Which i recognize the name of the person for the last couple days on that server. I killed the guy and im assuming it was the admin or one of his friends.Seconds later the server goes down. Then i get off for the night. Then I log back in this afternoon and i start to loot the NW airfield some more. Then after about 10 minutes or so of being on the server i get kicked/banned. I would assume the admin/owner recognized my name from last night and was a sad panda so he banned me.

But you failed to mention that you disconnected after you killed the first guy in the barracks and realized there were 3 of us in that building. Yes, one of the players you killed was an admin, but he wasn't the one that banned you, I did. I camped the door outside the barracks while the flare was on and seen you connect/disconnect in a short time.We talked about it and after seeing you log in and out multiple times in a spawn of a couple of minutes through the .RPT logs. Bad luck for us that you spawned behind us as we were leaving the barracks, but bad luck for you got you got caught logging off to avoid a death. Maybe next time don't log off when you are about to get shot.

First of all I seen 1 person and only 1 person. Second of all i wouldnt log out if i seen some more people. Ide end up shooting them too. I dont run from pvp lololol. If i seen "the other 2 guys" they would have been dead to. So end the end if there was "2 other guys" there it wouldnt be considered me logging out to avoid death seeing as i didnt see any other people. So basicly your just gonna ban me tho cuz i killed your buddy.Seems legit. Thats not abuse at all.

If you dont run for pvp care to explain why you disconnected/connected multiple times while the flare was up? I kept the front door posted and after you disconnected around the 3-4th time in a couple of minutes that's when we decided to talk about banning you. From what I've read disconnecting to avoid death is an exploit, like I said tough luck you got caught by an admin. And it's not like we insta banned you we actually looked through the logs.

Like i said only seen one guy in there and i killed him. if i seen you too i would have shot at u too plain and simple but i didnt see u. But since ur the owner of that server ur right and im wrong. gg no re. glhf on ur server.

Alright, alright guys. Settle down. I opened up this thread just for a little investigation.

Yes, the save system is "wonky" as mentioned, but we hit the "Save" feature every single time the engine turns off, and let's not forget the car automatically (allegedly claimed by devs) saves itself when it takes damage, the passengers unload, etc. We've found bicycles, motorcycles, and a car before in different servers and they do manage to stay wherever we leave them. I'm just concerned to know why when we came back a few hours later, about 3, the server was locked and probably had been for a while and once we monitored it until being unlocked, the car just happened to be gone.. Did the server reset? Even if it did I thought the patch always puts the car back in such event. SO like I said, I just wanted to open up this thread, raise some awareness as we've seen so far, and see what's really going on. C'mon. When we were playing this morning, there was only 7 people playing, including the 2 of us. (My friend's IGN is Neuromancer)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hypothetically, wouldn't it be impossible for such few people to stumble upon a hidden vehicle located in an area of land that is NOT near or between two towns, settlements, landmarks, locations.. etc. Especially since they were completely unaware the vehicle even existed? I thought it would be. We drove it straight into the woods, just as we always do, in a remote, untraveled area. I mean, no person would travel there to get to ANY location, it would just be inconvenient. I just wanna know why the car's gone and why the server happened to lock the moments before it actually disappeared.. is all I'm asking. I'm not exactly accusing, but there had to have been SOME kind of foul play.. I currently don't have access to the raw footage, but I think most would agree (once it's up) that this location was nearly impossible to get to unless someone absolutely knew to go there. Any form of travel through this area to get somewhere is just wildly inconvenient.

TL;DR

Odds are incredibly low of finding vehicle through any convenient route.

Car was saved constantly and repeatedly.

Server locked prior to the vehicles disappearance; strange.?

Hey,

To add to my Clan member's post.

We found the car parked beside some trees just outside of Novy about 7am PST. We then used the car and put alot of items in it for the following 2 hours or so.

We then took great pains to place the car in a well hidden place and in a total random yet desolate are which is well off any travelling way.

Less than an hour later I logged on to check the car was ok, slightly paranoid and i guess wanted to stick my dong in the tailpipe cause it was that awesome, and I couldn't get on the server as it said it was locked. I hit it for another 15-20 mins and I finnaly got in. To see there was about 8 players on the server. And then to my fucking amazment the car was gone.

Now we saved this car about 5 times each before we left and we made SURE it wouldn't be found unless it was a random find which, giving the amount on the server and the placement, was a small percentage.

This is just very suspicious to us. And to read that the Admin and a group of his friends play on the server has made me even more suspicious. I do feel that Admins should not play with thier friends on the server they admin.

IF it was a random chance find then so be it. But in all honesty that was a 1 in a million find and I find it very hard to believe.

What I think happened was we found one of the admin's or the admin's friend's car. They locked the server and went looking for it and found it. Moved it and then removed the lock.

Also, to the admin that is pulling loggs on this guy. All logs can be faked. I will also be making an inquiry about this on your Clan website. As I don't want to black ball you, your server and your clan just yet.

Admins don't have a special vehicle locator tool that I have heard of.

Are helicopters active on this server? They can see vehicles on radar quite easily.

In addition, I think that people in this mod over estimate the effectiveness of their hiding places.

Are helicopters active on this server? They can see vehicles on radar quite easily.

In addition' date=' I think that people in this mod over estimate the effectiveness of their hiding places.

[/quote']

No.. We don't accuse them of using them such tools. Just of minor misuse of server admin powers, like locking it. It just became too suspicious for us. And trust me. We hid that car in SUCH a remote area, under a tight grouping of 4-5 pine trees (the ones that have foliage all the way to the ground) so the only way you'd see it is if you traversed through this forest in the middle of absolutely nowhere and got within, idk. 20m~ of it. We literally made sure to hide it like our lives depended on it.

EDIT: I'm actually not sure about the helicopters. I hear some servers have them, others don't.. So I don't know.

I found a uaz sitting on the road in the server. It wasnt in trees and didnt have anything in it but coulda been ur guys that someone found and drove it there...then i took it from someone maybe.... but idk

I found a uaz sitting on the road in the server. It wasnt in trees and didnt have anything in it but coulda been ur guys that someone found and drove it there...then i took it from someone maybe.... but idk

Nah.. ours was in the forest and we never saved / unloaded on roads. Plus, we had TONS of loot inside.. probably wasn't ours..

In addition' date=' I think that people in this mod over estimate the effectiveness of their hiding places.

[/quote']

All good arguments. But gone in 45mins with about 6 people on the server. I'm not saying I know how. I'm saying it's suspicious.

That's not ours. Unless the server was reset. But if it was reset and we lost it that way. What's the point in having anything or being able to save anything?

To zerogravity and neuromancer: Calm down, I've lost many uncommon/rare items that I've placed in my tent after saving it everytime due to the server restarts. When the server was down for a while it's because I was changing the MOTD, messing with the server auto restart function and trying to figure out how to ban a logger. Sorry that your your car along with your items disappeared, but I can assure you that I didn't stop/restart the server cause you raided our stuff, we don't even have access to a vehicle; spawn rates are ridiculous. Also, we don't even know how to lock a server, although I've read the T&C and it states that it's a big no no.

We're calm. We just can not understand what went on. In the future please do not mess around with servers if you don't know what you're doing. You can shut down the server and start it up in test mode.

However, I don't believe your explanation. Because there is discrepancies in what you say. You say that you are new to the game. Yet with every sentence you are showing more knowledge and experience than you say you have. You also say you have lost a lot of rare items because of servers restarting. This indicates you're playing this game a lot more than you say.

I'm also going to petition Rocket for the removal of your server. Based on the omission that you play on that server with a bunch of your friends and who some of are also admins. This leaves abuse of admin privileges to open in my opinion and incidents like this are bound to happen. Specially incidents like the previous player you banned. Maybe you were right in banning him. But with the fact that you and your friends play on the server it leaves that person with a legitimate claim that he was unfairly treated based on the fact that you and your friends all play on the server you admin.

Last I'm going to say on the matter.

We're calm. We just can not understand what went on. In the future please do not mess around with servers if you don't know what you're doing. You can shut down the server and start it up in test mode.

However' date=' I don't believe your explanation. Because there is discrepancies in what you say. You say that you are new to the game. Yet with every sentence you are showing more knowledge and experience than you say you have. You also say you have lost a lot of rare items because of servers restarting. This indicates you're playing this game a lot more than you say.

I'm also going to petition Rocket for the removal of your server. Based on the omission that you play on that server with a bunch of your friends and who some of are also admins. This leaves abuse of admin privileges to open in my opinion and incidents like this are bound to happen. Specially incidents like the previous player you banned. Maybe you were right in banning him. But with the fact that you and your friends play on the server it leaves that person with a legitimate claim that he was unfairly treated based on the fact that you and your friends all play on the server you admin.

Last I'm going to say on the matter.

[/quote']

Link me to how I can help get this server removed also :) Dont want what happened to me to happen to other players who kill the admins or their friends on this server.

Well I'm actually being truthful when I say I'm new to the game, I rented the server so my small group of friends (just the 3 of us) have a home server to play in. As far as messing with the server, it's not like I'm changing anything big, just the server restart schedule, and the MOTD which actually required me to stop the server. If I would've known about the test mode, then yes I would've used that feature.

I say rare items because for me, it's pretty hard to find gear in the game. I'm not a hardcore player with a big group and outfit everyone with end tier military gear. I'm not gonna argue with you guys and drag this on longer than it should. The only thing i'm guilty of is banning a logger and not of making your truck full of items disappear. When a dev does look into this I just hope that the logs will show that I didn't abuse my admin rights.

I still dont understand how killing one of ur buddies then leaving is avoiding death.I kill the 1 and only person i see end of story.I can log out if i please and switch to a day server to run back to my base.Theres nothing wrong with that. How would it be to avoid death? How am i suppose to know that "ur outside camping looking at the door" I seen 1 person, i killed him and left simple as that. Being as ur the owner of the server u have the power to abuse it and ban someone cuz i killed one of ur admin friends. I could understand u banning me IF i seen ur "3 friends" and was about to die...that would be for sure avoiding death... but how would i see them if ur outside and im inside? I seen one guy thats it.Seen noone else no zombies and there was no other gun shots but mine. So please explain how i was avoiding death.I simply was switching servers to know where my base is becuz the server was dark and i needed to drop my loot off to come back for the guys loot i just killed but guess what...i was kicked off and the server was restarted...then come back on today and get banned after 10 mins of playing...hmm dont u think that was abuse? seems legit to me.