Sign in to follow this  
tally2425

How to survive

Just bought the game today and i spent most of my time dying of hunger, i played this on the Arma 2 mod and i don't remember dying as fast as what i am now.

What's the best way to get food and how can i stock up on food?

What's the best way to get food and how can i stock up on food?

First: having luck not to spawn in a already looted area... 

second: head for villages/cities (but can also mean death because of zombies and hostile players ;) )

third: search the houses for cans/rice/vegetables/water

forth: find a screwdriver/axe/canopener to open cans

usually I drink and eat everything I find until my character screen shows that i'm "hydrated" and "energized".

Edited by dirrly
  • Like 1

1. Run away from the shore, sticking to a road.

2. eat ALL the food.

3. ???

4. Profit $$$.

• Like 1

There are a few ways to satisfy your hunger.

1) Scavenge for cans of food, fruits, or vegetables. This building almost always has food.

2) You can pick berries from this bush or this bush, or pick apples from this tree. Make sure to only eat the red berries as the blue berries are poisonous! 

3) You cant hunt animals. Make sure that you have a knife, matches, and a hatchet.

Hope this helps!

Edited by SEANNNN
  • Like 2

Speaking of food...

Anyone else have bad luck cooking in a pot over a portable gas stove?

Happened to me 3 times in a row with 2 different pots - 1 damaged (1st time) and 1 worn (twice more), but with the same canister (worn) all 3 times.

I can hear the bubbling while watching the meat cook, but it turns from raw to burnt, with no pause where the meat should be cooked.

This doesn't happen with a regular fire. Any ideas? Thanks. :)

EDIT: *worn* canister

Edited by whiskeytango
  • Like 1

Speaking of food...

Anyone else have bad luck cooking in a pot over a portable gas stove?

Happened to me 3 times in a row with 2 different pots - 1 damaged (1st time) and 1 worn (twice more), but with the same canister (worn) all 3 times.

I can hear the bubbling while watching the meat cook, but it turns from raw to burnt, with no pause where the meat should be cooked.

This doesn't happen with a regular fire. Any ideas? Thanks. :)

EDIT: *worn* canister

In the current build cooking with the gas stove is glitched it only burns meat. Make sure to only cook over the fire for now, they mentioned that it is something they are looking at and should be fixed it in the next build.

Edited by Timewarp
  • Like 2

get a coat or stay out of the rain

go where the food is everywhere (I call it chernarus)

don't use a gun on zombies, unless you want lots more zombies to fight

avoid people armed better than you are

In the current build cooking with the gas stove is glitched it only burns meat. Make sure to only cook over the fire for now, they mentioned that it is something they are looking at and should be fixed it in the next build.

If I read that part, I forgot it. Thank you.

Move away from the coast as fast as possible. On servers with persistence most spawn towns will be looted. On non persistent servers, if you are quick, there should be loot even in the spawn areas provided no-one beat you to it.

You may also pick berrys (eat the red ones)

Or apples.

When you have an axe, matches, and rags you can hunt or fish and cook it on a fireplace.

Watching a stream on twitch even for a few minutes will show you some common behaviors good or bad.

However expect this game to be more difficult in the survival aspect then the mod ever was. This most likely won't change until modding support is allowed. From this point on in development i expect freezing to death, starving, and getting clean water will be serious concerns.

Edited by Judopunch