k3malb3y

In-Game Screen Recorder to report ScriptKiddies

Short and simple as tittle says; if we had an option like "turn on/off screen recorder" in options menu that gives us ability to record the game we play each time log in a server.

As game rules all player nametags are disabled and some of us are lazy to report those script kiddies that ruins our entire game. Or we are lazy to install a 3rd party softwere that records the game. 

Also if you bind server IP and Time (UTC or whatever) info to this recorder.. mmmm it will be so yummy. 

This way our evidence will be ready to report. Quick and easy. And I assure you, it will work better than BattlEye.

Also this will make everyone want to post their gameplay videos to YouTube. So think about bunch of videos.. soo many DayZ videos.

Edited by k3malb3y

I would like that, but it depends on whether it's even possible, how much work it'll take and such. Edit: I fully support it though if it is possible.

My self, I think when killed by someone you should be given a "serial code", this code can be used to report the player for hacking. The same serial would never be given out twice, if the same person killed you, you would get a different code so you can't use it to identify players in any way. But Mods/ban staff can :)

So a report would sound like -

-------------

Player serial - ghaf194323

Report - My character automatically dropped all weapons and then someone TP'd in front of me and shot me in the face.

-------------

The staff could then cross reference the serial for any suspicious activity or other reports.

Edited by Agentstapler

yeah that serial code is also good idea. I've seen someone using some kind a bombardment script. wiped our entire team out (6 players) each explosion was similar to gas station explosions and effecting huge area. also that script kiddie spawn loads of zombies in a buding and I'm dead. It would look like death by natural causes

It would be quite useless unless you were able to obtain GUID's.  That said, the man power alone to review thousands of hackusation videos would be unrealistic to complete even if time stamps and server IP addresses were posted.  While some tend to go back and forth BE does an outstanding job laying haste when hacks become detected which in turn will ban multiple users rather than just reviewing one video which may or may not be completely accurate and spending a large amount of time sorting through a servers logs to locate a unique player ID.  I for one am a firm supporter of BE and the hard work they do, I've seen an unprecedented amount of support tickets for global bans both in Operation Arrowhead and SA not including simple posts on here which get locked and rerouted and of those not a single one mentioned a VAC ban.  So as for the suggestion, I do not think it would be beneficial but rather create more work for less results.

Best Regards,

Steak.

• Like 3

Now that I think about it, the problem in the mod wasn't that players didn't get banned fast enough. It was that they could buy new keys for pennies through illegit sources. So it didn't matter if they got banned. Not sure if that's happening in SA though.

Now that I think about it, the problem in the mod wasn't that players didn't get banned fast enough. It was that they could buy new keys for pennies through illegit sources. So it didn't matter if they got banned. Not sure if that's happening in SA though.

Its not, thats why its dependent on Steam.

The CD-key has been removed and the game has been "locked" to steam accounts, which has a much higher degree of security, then a CD-key :)

• Like 1

whatever

Edited by k3malb3y