Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Connor

Sticking with DayZ? Or jumping ship when something better comes out?

Just curious to see if people are going to stay with DayZ when more alternatives come out such as H1Z1. I'll probably play both.

Edited by Boneboys

Considering i have played Dayz since may of 2012 it is a high chance that ill continue to play it. On saying that there are some interesting alternatives in the making. H1Z1 from what i have seen thus far on youtube doesnt strike me as being the experience id like but then its early development so ill reserve judgement until actually playing it.

I find from early viewing of survive the night something far closer to what i might enjoy but again early development so purely speculation, again ill need to play it to know if i would enjoy it .

So my obvious answer is ill play them all for atleast long enough to decide for myself ( rather than on hype advertising or other method scream oh but this game looks way better than Dayz , a cry i have seen a little to often on these forums specially when encountered with mechanics certain people havent enjoyed as much( which is the right not to enjoy any given mechanic but to exclaim something else is better before they have even tried something is absurd.....

• Like 1

long since done with SA...

moved onto arma3 breaking point which is light years better then dayz.

with plans to jump to H1Z1 when it launchs

ps dont be surprized when this thread is graveyarded btw... just saying

Edited by Siberian

Title is will you stick with dayz,

Poll is will you leave dayz. 

I wouldn't trust the results of such a poll. 

As to the question, i will try any game that i like the look of but from what i've seen so far non look like an alternative to dayz. 

• Like 4

Lets see now. I'v played it about a year ago then stopped because of how unplayable it is.

Logged back on last night to see what kind of progress the game has gotten:

>zombie ai still retarded

>zombies still run through walls, ground

>invisible enemies in ground/wall

>zombies see through walls

>controls still shit

>still no vehicles or anything fun

>still dying randomly from low hieght jumps

jesus christ this is embrassing, does this company not have employees?

Its a game about fking zombies, and the zombies havnet worked for 2+ years now. What a joke.

And fanboys please don't spew out your "this is alpha" bullshit. A game doesnt stay in alpha for years with 0 progress at gamebreaking bugs like this. Especially when you'v made this many sales in pre-purchase.

Absolutly horrid management.

Edited by Foulplay
  • Like 2

I will play what gives me the better feeling. If DayZ would stay a hunter & gatherer society I would go, if they can make the game more persistent and creative (in terms of building something up) I would stay. At the moment I long for DayZ (final), state of decay multiplayer and H1Z1.

And fanboys please don't spew out your "this is alpha" bullshit. A game doesnt stay in alpha for years with 0 progress at gamebreaking bugs like this. Especially when you'v made this many sales in pre-purchase.

Absolutly horrid management.

I'm not fan bot, but I am a fan of facts and not fiction. This game has been in Alpha for just about a year not 'YEARS' dont make it sound longer to make a point valid because your point becomes ruined when you base it off a wrong fact.

• Like 2

WELL the game has become totally unplayable for me at the moment due to constant random freezing... So I dont know...

I just feel this game is always takign one step forward and 2 steps back...

This Apha "wall" everone puts up is gettign retarded... people have obviouly forgotten about the mod which I recon could be considered  pre-alpha and would have boosted the alpha phase which hasnt really done

When I think about the "competition" and how they motoring in terms of development aswell as new ideas etc,  I just cant help get the feeling that DayZ is stagnating... who's to say H1Z1 isnt beter than DayZ? I wouldn't know and cant tell you yet.

But if it is better and the game feels smoother/more solid and they release sooner... I dont have to tell you which game I'll be playing...

DayZ will always be the game that made this "genre" popular , and will always have a special place in my heart... and maybe I'll be able to get the same or similar experience from a different game... but right now... a big fat...

MEH!

Suggest changing the thread title to mirror the poll question rather than the opposite.

Yes, I will stick with Dayz/No I will not leave.  Yes, I will try other games but there have been flashy imitations in the past that won't quite ever be able to give off the same feelings most have gotten whilst playing Dayz.

• Like 1

Although very slowly dayz is coming out nicely. It is embarrasing as bohemia isnt a small indie company, but its worth the wait. Even if better games are released, i will play dayz regardless

Oh for beans sake this is just completely disingenuous, rather than change the misleading thread title you change the poll question after several people have voted.

What are you trying to achieve? The question is loaded 'when something better comes out' so H1Z1 is automatically better even though you haven't played it yet.

[edited for profanity]

Edited by Sammi79

Troll poll starts an Attack of the Trolls....

Poll over...

• Like 1