Sign in to follow this  
sinkatze

Can I swtich from Experimental to Stable quickly?

I once in a while switch from Stable to Experimental so enjoy both. However when you switch, it needs to download the 800mb file each time. I'm not exactly sure what these downloads are or why it has to be downloaded every time we switch, but is there any way of going around this or not?

Its not a big deal the fact that I have to download a bit, its because unfortunately here bandwidth is limited and some months when I am short, I can't really afford switching over like that. Yeah I know, sad story.

Thanks!

Edited by Sinkatze

No, when you play Exp it's changing the build, basically giving you the update to come for stable, solely for testing purposes. If you don't want to wait for the download, don't switch.

No, when you play Exp it's changing the build, basically giving you the update to come for stable, solely for testing purposes. If you don't want to wait for the download, don't switch.

What I forgot to mention that made me wonder about this is the other night Stable went down for Maintenance, I was able to join the 0.50 Experimental servers without switching everything, then when Stable came back I couldn't join Experimental anymore for wrong version. So its just confusing.

I know I don't switch as often as I would like to sometimes.

What I forgot to mention that made me wonder about this is the other night Stable went down for Maintenance, I was able to join the 0.50 Experimental servers without switching everything, then when Stable came back I couldn't join Experimental anymore for wrong version. So its just confusing.

I know I don't switch as often as I would like to sometimes.

Alright, so Stable goes on Maintenance every Wednesday, and before that both Stable and Exp were on the same build, they just increased the player count for servers, but the build didn't change. After that, Exp had an update, so it was no longer on the same build, and if you wanted to play Exp, you had to download the 700+ MB update.

I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't have a large chance to utterly break the game to the point that it needs to be installed again...

Alright, so Stable goes on Maintenance every Wednesday, and before that both Stable and Exp were on the same build, they just increased the player count for servers, but the build didn't change. After that, Exp had an update, so it was no longer on the same build, and if you wanted to play Exp, you had to download the 700+ MB update.

Ok thanks, it was just confusing because it did say it was on 0.50 so thats why I was like "How am I on experimental if I didnt download the file" lol

• Like 1