Sign in to follow this  
fiese_moep

I want to kill a zombie with a meele weapon.

I want to kill a zombie with a meele weapon(Wrench). But i dont get any feedback or sounds when i should hit him.

At the end the zombie is dead also nearly am i.

Am i doing something wrong? Are there no sounds for hitting? Is this just buggy? Do i join a  server with a slow cpu server(I had a Ping of 20)?

Edited by fiese_moep

Yo have to stand close - even with an axe. If you don't hear the sound you are too far away (and 2 or 3 feet is too far). Best thing to do is stay right ON TOP of the zomb and keep hitting and KEEP moving so he can't hit back. I use the FORWARD key all the time, hold it down, and steer round and round with the mouse, always coming fast as you can back right on top of the zomb, so you're like standing on his feet. Dont ever stop still, just keep running and turning back into them all the time. Works. You can kill them with anything, the spade, hoe, axe, are good. Also bayonet or screwdriver stab in the head gets them fast.

Some other melee weapons are pretty crap. Myself, I wouldn't go out armed with a baseball bat, for instance.

Edited by pilgrim

melee feedback comes in 2 forms...you will see a small blood effect appear when you hit them, and you should hear a sound similar to a bullet hitting a sandbag.

it's not great, but it's something. if you killed a zombie you should've heard or seen that at least a few times.