Cptn_Miller

Forum names = no kos

Good idea, what about some kind of name indicator that shows up above the characters head and can only be seen from voice chat range or shorter... that way there would be no chance of finding/seeing names for longer range engagements / snipers... dunno, hard to put a name to a character and not mess up the overall feel of the game...

And that's certainly true. There are always trade-offs, we know that the DayZ dev teams wants to give more incentive for more varied interactions. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Good idea, what about some kind of name indicator that shows up above the characters head and can only be seen from voice chat range or shorter... that way there would be no chance of finding/seeing names for longer range engagements / snipers... dunno, hard to put a name to a character and not mess up the overall feel of the game...

it would end up like Socom (Playstation game) where I'd just scan the trees and bushes from close range to find the people hiding in them (name would pop up when your crosshair is hovering over them) which is a huge immersion breaker and exploit of the game.. So unfortunately that would not work so well, from ways Ive seen it implemented in the past. 

it would end up like Socom (Playstation game) where I'd just scan the trees and bushes from close range to find the people hiding in them (name would pop up when your crosshair is hovering over them) which is a huge immersion breaker and exploit of the game.. So unfortunately that would not work so well, from ways Ive seen it implemented in the past.

I totally agree, would kill the intensity.

Instead of any names or tags in-game, I would love to at least see the gamer's name who killed me on the "You are dead" screen until I hit respawn.

This would ensure the immersion is preserved, while building great rivals and will truly help catch exploiting hackers. Admins can kick/ban said gamers instantly from the player's list.

If I see a forum name on a server I WILL KOS anyone I meet, just because I'd like to see a rage post on this forum because of me...

:rolleyes:

Edited by SAK
  • Like 2

Well, my entire forum name does not fit "thats what she said"  so its slighlty modified to meet the standards :).

• Like 2

If I see a forum name on a server I WILL KOS anyone I meet, just because I'd like to see a rage post on this forum because of me...

:rolleyes:

"To the guy who shot me"