cincinani

Shoot to KILL

Hi there  hero's/bandits :) 

Just made a new video, a litle killing montage.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

• Like 2

I think that you´re a KoS sad guy, shooting at anything that moves, record it and put some music under it and thinking you´re all ´hardcore´, while actually you´re quite the sad DayZ player. The only thing that makes it a little bit comical is the fact that you suck at what you´re trying to do, not even aiming down your sights half the time. Quite the typical behavior for a KoS player, since they try to make up for their lack of skill in just shooting at anyone, to create the false appearance of actually possessing any skill.

:)

• Like 4

KoS is cool but these clips, sorry but 3rd person shooting without iron sight and maxed out gamma / brightness. You can do better than that

KoS is cool but these clips, sorry but 3rd person shooting without iron sight and maxed out gamma / brightness. You can do better than that

KoS is about as cool as the guy who fondles random women on the subway and takes less courage.

No i dont always do KoS :) When i'm the friendly one i always get a shot in the back even when they said they are friendly..

And so what if i do sometimes KoS ?

Have fun being a hero and try to be nice to the people in dayz! 

Edited by cincinani
  • Like 1

the guy who fondles random women on the subway and takes less courage.

I said I was sorry! What more do you want from me!?

• Like 1

No i dont always do KoS :) When i'm the friendly one i always get a shot in the back even when they said they are friendly..

The reason why being nice / interact / survive these interactions is so awesome is because it's hard. You get shot in the back, because you haven't acquired the skill yet to let situations play out the way you want to.

This is a perfect example for why the crosshair should be removed, if you want to hit something you actually had to aim for it.

• Like 2

KoS is about as cool as the guy who fondles random women on the subway and takes less courage.

Noo, please don't insult the way of playing DayZ I prefer... nooooo ;(

If everyone just traded beans for spaghetti, you wouldn't play this game. Pretending you don't need any type of bandit play is really short sighted. Granted I play a hero 90% of the time, If a server gets too lovey dovey, I gladly will make everybody's DayZ adventure more entertaining by putting on my chaos hat. And I appreciate the bandits when I am a hero, because what would I do if they weren't shooting at me?

Edited by sinatrashotya

If everyone just traded beans for spaghetti, you wouldn't play this game. Pretending you don't need any type of bandit play is really short sighted. Granted I play a hero 90% of the time, If a server gets to lovey dovey, I gladly will make everybody's DayZ adventure more entertaining by putting on my chaos hat. And I appreciate the bandits when I am a hero, because what would I do if they weren't shooting at me?

KoS does not = Bandit

I'm really freaking tired of this prevailing misuse of the terminology.

KILL ON SIGHT = Exactly what the words say. It's when you shoot everything standing on 2 legs that passes in front of you. "KoS'rs" are MURDERERS, lazy, griefing, jaded, FPS gamer monkeys trained by Halo/CoD/BF. That is the definition of a KoS'r to ME. If this offends you, than maybe you resemble my remarks (generation Y, I'm looking at you).

I've been gaming almost as long as video games have existed.

EVERY game that includes a firearm has programmed you from the beginning to shoot everything that moves. MOST players cannot imagine acquiring a firearm in a game and NOT shooting everything ASAP.

If you pick and choose who you kill based on gear and perceived intentions you are not a Kos'r.

I look forward to a balance in game that makes real banditry more attractive to those who desire an immoral storyline.

I stand by my original statement and would like to further add that KoS is about as creative as paint by numbers.

KoS does not = Bandit

I'm really freaking tired of this prevailing misuse of the terminology.

KILL ON SIGHT = Exactly what the words say. It's when you shoot everything standing on 2 legs that passes in front of you. "KoS'rs" are MURDERERS, lazy, griefing, jaded, FPS gamer monkeys trained by Halo/CoD/BF. That is the definition of a KoS'r to ME. If this offends you, than maybe you resemble my remarks (generation Y, I'm looking at you).

I've been gaming almost as long as video games have existed.

EVERY game that includes a firearm has programmed you from the beginning to shoot everything that moves. MOST players cannot imagine acquiring a firearm in a game and NOT shooting everything ASAP.

If you pick and choose who you kill based on gear and perceived intentions you are not a Kos'r.

I look forward to a balance in game that makes real banditry more attractive to those who desire an immoral storyline.

I stand by my original statement and would like to further add that KoS is about as creative as paint by numbers.

So much anger. Also you have that wrong. KoS'r is a bandit, a bandit may not be a KoS'r. It would also serve you to not assume you are the elder statesman of gaming. As a side note, I havent watched this video. I don't kill new spawns that arent involved in some bigger picture. I also dont belittle people I kill. I think those two things are what is wrong with banditry.

Edited by sinatrashotya

So much anger. Also you have that wrong. KoS'r is a bandit, a bandit may not be a KoS'r. It would also serve you to not assume you are the elder statesman of gaming. As a side note, I havent watched this video. I don't kill new spawns that arent involved in some bigger picture. I also dont belittle people I kill. I think those two things are what is wrong with banditry.

What? You mistake anger for a person who can clearly pose an impassioned debate and I try hard not draw assumptions about any random person on the internet.

Nearly 35 years of gaming and I'm not an "elder statesman"? WTH does that make me then?

Sorry buddy, a bandit robs people and in no way does robbery have to end in murder.

ban·dit
ˈbandit/
noun
noun: bandit; plural noun: bandits; plural noun: banditti
a robber or outlaw belonging to a gang and typically operating in an isolated or lawless area.
"the bandit produced a weapon and demanded money"

Producing a weapon does not entail using said weapon.

Cuffs, restraints, less than lethal weaponry, all things added/being added to aid in non-lethal robbery attempts (amongst other things).

(Edited for spelling.)
Edited by BioHaze

What? You mistake anger for a person who can clearly pose an impassioned debate and I try hard not draw assumptions about any random person on the internet.

Nearly 35 years of gaming and I'm not an "elder statesman"? WTH does that make me then?

Sorry buddy, a bandit robs people and in no way does robbery have to end in murder.

Producing a weapon does not entail using said weapon.

Cuffs, restraints, less than lethal weaponry, all things added/being added to aid in non-lethal robbery attempts (amongst other things).

(Edited for spelling.)

Not to agree with using a dictionary definition as a basis for video game jargon, but that still proves my point. A KoS person most certainly is a bandit, and a bandit may not be a KoS type person. 35 years of gaming makes you basically the same as everyone else. Using words like "freaking" make you seem angry, not impassioned.

Not to agree with using a dictionary definition as a basis for video game jargon, but that still proves my point. A KoS person most certainly is a bandit, and a bandit may not be a KoS type person. 35 years of gaming makes you basically the same as everyone else. Using words like "freaking" make you seem angry, not impassioned.

"Freaking" was used out of frustration, not anger.

Bandit isn't jargon in this context, it means that you use the threat of violence as a means to robbery. The word has been co-opted by the KoS crowd to add legitimacy to their tactics.

The same KoS players call themselves "survivors" now because they think the entire game is kill or be killed.

The language we agree upon is important and shouldn't be made to be self serving.

I have wanted to make a thread about the different definitions for the play styles we see and this has inspired me to do just that now... thanks!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212197-playstyle-definitions-or-whats-a-bandit/

"Freaking" was used out of frustration, not anger.

Bandit isn't jargon in this context, it means that you use the threat of violence as a means to robbery. The word has been co-opted by the KoS crowd to add legitimacy to their tactics.

The same KoS players call themselves "survivors" now because they think the entire game is kill or be killed.

The language we agree upon is important and shouldn't be made to be self serving.

I have wanted to make a thread about the different definitions for the play styles we see and this has inspired me to do just that now... thanks!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212197-playstyle-definitions-or-whats-a-bandit/

I am in disagreement with you, but that is ok. Take it easy.

• Like 1

For me it is not about the banditry it has more to do with the fact that there just was not much special about these kills, one clip you took out two guys and that was it, i wanna see triple kills man if you want me to be impressed.

I once killed two and crippled a third person with one double barreled shotgun shot (press t to fire both barrels at the same time) and from about 75 meters away, now that was fucking epic and video worthy, this not so much.

Edited by anotherdeadhero