Sign in to follow this  
BnZWyatt

Hypothermia.

Dumbest thing ever. Im fully geared up. Military clothes and a gorka helmet on my head sitting next to a fire with 4 logs in it and I got hypothermia. Has this happened to anyone else? The server Im in was also sunny. No rain and no clouds. I know this is a survival game but, I could seriously do with out getting sick after being outdoors for 5 to 10 minutes. That isn't realistic or fun at all. I love playing this game but, things like that shouldn't even be put in until its completely fixed and works.

• Like 1

Did you have your fire indoors? Because it seems indoor fires do not cause you to get warm.

Also you are aware that things are added to be tested? And thats not possible to release anything in completely fixed and working state without testing?

I was under the impression that when it was released to stable that they were done with it on exp. and it worked and was ready for us to enjoy oh so much on stable. Yes, my fire was outdoors. Also you would think indoor fires would warm you up quicker because all that heat is trapped inside the room. I just can't wait for this game to be finished and I hope everything is in good working order by then. I do enjoy the game even though I get overly frustrated at things in it.

Edited by BnZWyatt

I have the same issue with my fires. 90% of the time I'll have to leave and rejoin the server before the fire will actually warm me up. Only seems to happen to me considering my friends all say their faces are melting off while I'm turning into an ice cube.

Fires do work indoors, but for some reason they must be placed ground level.   If your fire floats, then it won't heat you up or tell you that your face is melting if you're too close.

That must have been it. As soon as I got hypothermia I got pissed and left. Hopefully my dude isnt dead when I log back in lol. I had finally found a MP5 and a clip for it so when I seen the hypo I kinda got pissed cause Ive never been able to rid myself of it no matter what I wear or do.

OK! I figured it out and tested a few things. If you do not get the actual flames in the fire then it will not warm you up. I even managed to make my fire pit float and my guys eye level and it still warmed me up. So if you light a fire and it glitches and no flames are coming up then log out of the server and go back in if you know you're safe from zombies and d-bags. If the flames are there then you are good to go.