Sign in to follow this  
darth_vaizard

Anyone Else Experienced This?

Long story short, I got shot at when walking into the ACT at the NEAF and eventually got held up with my own gun which was in my hands seconds before...  

Thankfully they missed and I was able to escape unscathed but I decided to see if I could get a bead on my would-be assailant.  After a few minutes of flanking the Western side of the strip and I find a good position behind one of the ruined walls to scout over where I think the shooter was.  A few seconds after I get settled in and catch my breath, I hear a SINGLE footstep behind me.  I checked my back and then casually dismissed it as a glitched sound.  Shortly after that, my fully equipped Mosin, grass wrap and all, automatically puts itself on my back.  Knowing that that kind of thing can happen on occasion I try to pull it back out only to notice that it isn't on or even near me anymore.  To my horror, there was a fresh spawn with a hard hat standing some 10m behind me with a familiar looking Mosin.  I greet him as I normally would and then get shot... with my gun.  Sad part is, I would have been able to punch his lights out were it not for the hard hat...

I looked on the forums and the bug tracker for this issue and came up with nothing here and 'Resolved' on the bug tracker...  Anybody know any more about this than I do?  I thought I would make this issue known since it's obviously not resolved.

Long story short, I got shot at when walking into the ACT at the NEAF and eventually got held up with my own gun which was in my hands seconds before...  

Thankfully they missed and I was able to escape unscathed but I decided to see if I could get a bead on my would-be assailant.  After a few minutes of flanking the Western side of the strip and I find a good position behind one of the ruined walls to scout over where I think the shooter was.  A few seconds after I get settled in and catch my breath, I hear a SINGLE footstep behind me.  I checked my back and then casually dismissed it as a glitched sound.  Shortly after that, my fully equipped Mosin, grass wrap and all, automatically puts itself on my back.  Knowing that that kind of thing can happen on occasion I try to pull it back out only to notice that it isn't on or even near me anymore.  To my horror, there was a fresh spawn with a hard hat standing some 10m behind me with a familiar looking Mosin.  I greet him as I normally would and then get shot... with my gun.  Sad part is, I would have been able to punch his lights out were it not for the hard hat...

I looked on the forums and the bug tracker for this issue and came up with nothing here and 'Resolved' on the bug tracker...  Anybody know any more about this than I do?  I thought I would make this issue known since it's obviously not resolved.

Sounds like a hacker stole from your inventory?

Too perfect timing for you to have accidentally dropped it.

Sounds like a hacker stole from your inventory?

Too perfect timing for you to have accidentally dropped it.

I was looking down the scope when my gun grew a mind of it's own... No way I could have dropped it.  I wasn't knocked out or restrained either.

if u finkl you evidensee of unkownn hax reeport to mods no post on new tpoix plox!

• Like 1

Sounds like said person used hacks to troll you, I have seen a few reports of disarm scripting none yet of another player actually taking the weapon and arming themselves with it.

• Like 1

picking this topic so i dont open another... i'm currently watching a dayz stream... the owner (i think it's the owner) is hacking like hell... he's killing ppl.... blowing hills and forests... i dont have any recording software... any mod in?

i know the server name... and the cheater/hacker name

just check this stream: http://www.twitch.tv/kaceytron

Edited by Rodsin

I have yet to be shot with my own weapon but one sour experience i had was when i was in the single barracks bathroom at the nwaf and my sks suddenly had no bullets, i opened my inventory to find that all 100 of my sks bullets had vanished so i told my friend to quickly log out as i suspected foul play, as soon as i opened the shower room door i was lit up through the window by an ak which i am about 99 percent sure was loaded with my own bullets.

Hackers will always hack or so that is what people want you to believe, i think that is bullshit there is always a way to make it not worth doing and plenty of games have done it before, i don't expect them to be wiped out completely but i do expect to not be seeing one once a week.

if u finkl you evidensee of unkownn hax reeport to mods no post on new tpoix plox!

Why do just that when I can report it AND alert other players to the issue?  A lot more people read the forums than the feedback tracker I would imagine.

I have yet to be shot with my own weapon but one sour experience i had was when i was in the single barracks bathroom at the nwaf and my sks suddenly had no bullets, i opened my inventory to find that all 100 of my sks bullets had vanished so i told my friend to quickly log out as i suspected foul play, as soon as i opened the shower room door i was lit up through the window by an ak which i am about 99 percent sure was loaded with my own bullets.

Hackers will always hack or so that is what people want you to believe, i think that is bullshit there is always a way to make it not worth doing and plenty of games have done it before, i don't expect them to be wiped out completely but i do expect to not be seeing one once a week.

That definitely sounds similar to the video included with the older post on the feedback tracker.  From what I could tell, the hacker is able to just pull anything they want from the player, which they could also see with a blue dot on screen, as if looting a body, and drop it at their feet which effectively disarms the player.

Why do just that when I can report it AND alert other players to the issue?  A lot more people read the forums than the feedback tracker I would imagine.

Because the mods don't want this, they lock all these threads and write a for more eloquent version of what i just typed

I haven't personally experienced this but I have seen it happen... A streamer holding a m4 ran by a new spawn with nothing but his pants, a few seconds after his m4 simply disappeared. He walked back and the exact same newspawn was simply holding it and looking at him. He asked him about it, why he was hacking and what was so fun about it, he never answered... He did drop the m4 tho, and walked away, never saying a word... so you were not the first and most probably won't be the last, unfortunately