5mirkeh

Another Firearms Wishlist

For the heck of it I added this in too  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the DayZ dev team focus more on

• Diluting the weapon spawn pool by focusing on more firearms
    • Help give survivors a chance by focusing more on protection
    • Try and have some kind of happy median as much of a pain this might be
    • Allow the chance to go even more in depth and allow people to make guns from salvage

The iron curtain surely does reduce the chances of finding Garands but it doesn't mean its an unlikely weapon. Maybe its popular in Chernarus and civilians bought quite a number of them as hunting/sporting weapon after the Soviet Union collapsed? An argument that might not fit the M1 Thompson (but the M1903 Springfield).

The .30-06 round is a bigger issue here as it significantly changes the dynamics by introducing another strain of full power rifles. SVT and Mosin compete over the same ammunition but the M1 Grarand does not. Also .30-06 would either take up spawns from other types of ammo or cause ammo to be more prevalent. Now this cartridge would work as a hunting round (I believe it might also fit the Blaze 95) so there is potential.

The M1 Carbine on the other side uses very specific ammo - which is much worse in gameplay terms and allows for a few odd weapons that don't really fit.

The iron curtain surely does reduce the chances of finding Garands but it doesn't mean its an unlikely weapon. Maybe its popular in Chernarus and civilians bought quite a number of them as hunting/sporting weapon after the Soviet Union collapsed? An argument that might not fit the M1 Thompson (but the M1903 Springfield).

The .30-06 round is a bigger issue here as it significantly changes the dynamics by introducing another strain of full power rifles. SVT and Mosin compete over the same ammunition but the M1 Grarand does not. Also .30-06 would either take up spawns from other types of ammo or cause ammo to be more prevalent. Now this cartridge would work as a hunting round (I believe it might also fit the Blaze 95) so there is potential.

The M1 Carbine on the other side uses very specific ammo - which is much worse in gameplay terms and allows for a few odd weapons that don't really fit.

I was naming those weapons as examples of what could happen.. how the other community members that really don't think things through may act upon the addition of the M1 Garand.

They would begin to demand more weapons based off of their own opinion or care for.

They would disregard the realism part of the game relating to the setting.

Chernarus is a dirt poor post Soviet province so i doubt most civilians had the ability to even purchase a firearm, let alone a loaf of bread.

Plus if the Devs are wanting to add the .30-06 round to Dayz Standalone, why not look at the Tula TOZ-122 Hunting Carbine?  It can be chambered in a variety of calibers, which happens to include the .30-06 round.

25c2a582fcb4eb979c043aa183916089.jpg

Hell, it can even fit a scope

444466_01_tula_toz_308_carbine_sniper_ri

(This weapon is located on the Community's Weapon Suggestion Thread)

• Like 1

The SVT-40 makes the most sense to have, leaving the M1 Garand a foreign imported weapon to the Soviet Union and Chernarus and barely any would exist in Chernarus.

If they Devs are wanting to add a new round to Dayz, they should look for weapons that fit the area and/or importation of that particular firearm is high/medium.

If the M1 Garand is added, then people will want the M1 Thompson.

Then the M1 Carbine

Then the M1903 Springfield

Then, you get it right?

Plus, this is a several game set in Eastern Europe, not Western Europe or the United States of America.  I just hope to see more firearms from Europe and Eurasia rather than from the U.S.A.

M1 Thompson isn't as out of place as you'd think. It was used by Poland, Croatia, Yugoslavia, & Turkey, as well as most Western European countries.

Plus, it's not that people want a full set of American WW2 weapons just for it, it's simply because Rocket himself said that he wanted one at PAX. No one's really suggested an M1 Garand.

M1 Carbine is unlikely because it uses .30 Carbine which few other rifles use. M1903 also isn't necessary because it's a regular 5 round bolt-action rifle. The Garand itself is a unique rifle in that respect. And, of course, just because people ASK for Thompsons, M1903s, and M1 Carbines, doesn't mean the devs will add them. People have suggested plenty of weapons that will probably never make it into the game, no matter how often they're suggested.

Plus if the Devs are wanting to add the .30-06 round to Dayz Standalone, why not look at the Tula TOZ-122 Hunting Carbine?  It can be chambered in a variety of calibers, which happens to include the .30-06 round.

(This weapon is located on the Community's Weapon Suggestion Thread)

The TOZ-122 is also used in .223/5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm, so it wouldn't at all need a brand new caliber.

That, and there's nothing special about it gameplay wise that warrants a whole new caliber. The whole reason I'd like the M1 Garand is that it's actually unique and not some generic hunting rifle like the TOZ-122 (Not saying I wouldn't support a TOZ-122, but it's not a super special rifle.)

Yes, the TOZ would be an awesome weapon to include as one of many .30-06 rifles, but you need to have outlying weapons with good characteristics in order to justify it. Otherwise, there are plenty of other .223, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, and 7.62x54mmR rifles they could add.

Also, being on the Community's Weapon Suggestion Thread isn't really saying much because you refuse to put any weapon that YOU personally do not want in the game at all. It's a good place for discussion but it's not really representing the community well when you only pick guns that you feel should be in, which seems to be completely based around realism.

Also, being on the Community's Weapon Suggestion Thread isn't really saying much because you refuse to put any weapon that YOU personally do not want in the game at all. It's a good place for discussion but it's not really representing the community well when you only pick guns that you feel should be in, which seems to be completely based around realism.

I will have a discussion with you later on, you offended me by stating that lie.

You think i do it based off my own view?

Buddy, i have a god damn life, i can't be on this forums every damn day checking every single page for suggestions.

Private Messages work best

You want to to know how i decide?

I conduct research on the firearm online and in books (that i have in my possession currently)

I try to get the word of other community members to see their opinion of it.

I try to balance it all out.  And you know what, community members still seem pissed partly and there is nothing i can do to help that.

You obviously have not gone back through the pages to see the arguments and various discussions that other people have had concerning a certain firearm.  I pay attention to those, i try to read them all, even though i may not reply, i am still listening

How dare you say that Chaingun.

The SUB-2000 was on there because i didn't want to hear anymore complaining about it.  I am going to remove it anyways.

Think and speak to me before you say some other false piece of information.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

I will have a discussion with you later on, you offended me by stating that lie.

You think i do it based off my own view?

Buddy, i have a god damn life, i can't be on this forums every damn day checking every single page for suggestions.

Private Messages work best

You want to to know how i decide?

I conduct research on the firearm online and in books (that i have in my possession currently)

I try to get the word of other community members to see their opinion of it.

I try to balance it all out.  And you know what, community members still seem pissed partly and there is nothing i can do to help that.

You obviously have not gone back through the pages to see the arguments and various discussions that other people have had concerning a certain firearm.  I pay attention to those, i try to read them all, even though i may not reply, i am still listening

How dare you say that Chaingun.

The SUB-2000 was on there because i didn't want to hear anymore complaining about it.  I am going to remove it anyways.

Think and speak to me before you say some other false piece of information.

I'm sorry for offending you, but what I meant was that you base the weapons allowed on their mainly on realism, not necessarily whether enough people support it or not.

However, yes, you have said no to weapons, like the De Lisle Carbine, which while not at all realistic, seemed to have some support. Realism is not the only basis for something that should or shouldn't be in the game, and I don't feel that rejecting a gun simply because it's not realistic or "shouldn't be in Chernarus" is a fair thing to do.

The mods should judge my post, and if they find it offensive, I should get some "time off." I honestly do believe that if I was offensive, then I do not deserve to post here (for a time), but I'd like someone beyond my biased self to judge that.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I'm sorry for offending you, but what I meant was that you base the weapons allowed on their mainly on realism, not necessarily whether enough people support it or not.

However, yes, you have said no to weapons, like the De Lisle Carbine, which while not at all realistic, seemed to have some support. Realism is not the only basis for something that should or shouldn't be in the game, and I don't feel that rejecting a gun simply because it's not realistic or "shouldn't be in Chernarus" is a fair thing to do.

The mods should judge my post, and if they find it offensive, I should get some "time off." I honestly do believe that if I was offensive, then I do not deserve to post here (for a time), but I'd like someone beyond my biased self to judge that.

Time off?  I did not report you, don't worry.  

I will admit to basing off more realism, but i do combine this with the aspect of the community and overall, the De Lisle Carbine is not the best firearm that could be put in the game.

Yeah it did receive support from people, but i conducted more research on the firearm and compared to what people said with the information i discovered.

Dayz Standalone i thought originally would take the path of realism, however it failed to do so concerning some areas of the game (yeah alpha, blah blah), but still i am expecting to see more of the same thing in the future of the game.

When user mods are added, we will be able to shape the game in our own image, for now it will be a constant conversation or bickering among the community in the suggestion section of the forums.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Time off?  I did not report you, don't worry.  

I will admit to basing off more realism, but i do combine this with the aspect of the community and overall, the De Lisle Carbine is not the best firearm that could be put in the game.

Yeah it did receive support from people, but i conducted more research on the firearm and compared to what people said with the information i discovered.

Dayz Standalone i thought originally would take the path of realism, however it failed to do so concerning some areas of the game (yeah alpha, blah blah), but still i am expecting to see more of the same thing in the future of the game.

When user mods are added, we will be able to shape the game in our own image, for now it will be a constant conversation or bickering among the community in the suggestion section of the forums.

My comment was probably way too blunt and judgmental, so I apologize for that, don't really know where it came from. Clearly you do have a good idea, and I guess I just found it hard to accept that you can't possibly speak for the entire community in one thread where no one can seem to agree on anything.

But yeah, I guess once mods are added, there'll be no more complaining... Actually, even then, people will complain that we're allowed to mod the game, saying that "it destroys the vanilla game". We can never be happy :P

• Like 1

My comment was probably way too blunt and judgmental, so I apologize for that, don't really know where it came from. Clearly you do have a good idea, and I guess I just found it hard to accept that you can't possibly speak for the entire community in one thread where no one can seem to agree on anything.

But yeah, I guess once mods are added, there'll be no more complaining... Actually, even then, people will complain that we're allowed to mod the game, saying that "it destroys the vanilla game". We can never be happy :P

I apologize for removing you as a friend on here,

That was a childish thing to do on my part.

I apologize for removing you as a friend on here,

That was a childish thing to do on my part.

Don't blame yourself, I was stupid for getting angry at something that didn't at all apply :P

The past is the past though, all is forgiven and we can move on :)