Sign in to follow this  
boodrewscary

Were am i!?!?!

not exactly sure from pick I havn't been to the new towns I avoid them like the plague. you can find a map or you can use the web:daydb or other sites. but to me half the fun is getting lost goodluck

Use this website/map...   http://www.dayzdb.com/map   goto edge of any town and view signs, then you will be able to tell where you are.  the town signs are large rectanglular signs on 2 posts, usually giving distances to other towns and a X telling you are leaving X town.  Use this method any/every time you respawn to figure out where you are, eventually you get to the point where you recognise these pos spawn towns.

Edited by Cptn_Miller
  • Like 1

I wander how many people uses in game map?  This question devs should ask them selves before putting it in game like other useless crap like walkie talkies, head torch, flashlight, chem lights...

I wander how many people uses in game map?  This question devs should ask them selves before putting it in game like other useless crap like walkie talkies, head torch, flashlight, chem lights...

I'm ashamed to admit I have the map memorized. It was one of the things i liked about the SA. For the briefest of moments I could not know where I was. But it didn't take long to pick up those new areas :(

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 3

I'm ashamed to admit I have the map memorized. It was one of the things i liked about the SA. For the briefest of moments I could not know where I was. But it didn't take long to pick up those new areas :(

Agreed, maybe one day they will just add Alberta above the debug and you will really get lost.

• Like 1

Agreed, maybe one day they will just add Alberta above the debug and you will really get lost.

I know my way around that too :)

• Like 1

Novodmitrovsk.

Yep, clock tower is a dead giveaway

I wander how many people uses in game map?  This question devs should ask them selves before putting it in game like other useless crap like walkie talkies, head torch, flashlight, chem lights..

I do all the time, I think of it as a miniquest, like finding a can-opener, something to do other than KoSing the first person I see (I prefer to avoid/evade since it is more of a challenge than shooting someone outright) .  When I have the right maps then I combine them and throw the left overs away, occasionally I'll even leave a combined, complete Cherno + map laying around in a high traffic area. 

I like chem lights, flares and gas lamps, it's fun to pop them in place and then take off.  I know when I come across popped lights and flares I become super paranoid and extremely cautious very quickly.  I have been known to take the gas lamps and canisters and light up a good part of a city or the light houses along the coast, I like the pretty lights.

Edited by Barnabus