Sign in to follow this  
barnabus

You had to say hello with a bullet

I am not bitching about getting KoSed because I did not get killed, he did, he started it and I ended it. 

So I'm sitting by a fire in a relatively hidden area fairly close to Balota AF but, apparently, not hidden well enough because I hear a bullet whizz by followed shortly by another.  The shooter has a Mosin and is shooting at me!  I am just chilling or rather warming by the fire.  So I jump up and run through the fir trees zigging and a zagging while more bullets fly by.  The shooter is getting closer as the shots are getting louder. I pull my SKS, turn around and head back, this is only gonna end if one of us dies, sigh, not what I would want but here we go.  I finally see him and he shoots again, this time he wings me since I am bleeding but I unload 10 rounds of 7.62 x39 into his ass and he goes down.  I am, frankly, amazed at how shitty a shot this guy was, he fires at least 7 shots at me but all he did was wing me, ruin my shirt, my warm hat and some matches.  Get to the body, it slides down the hill and I am plagued with bugs, the rifle is still in the air and so is his fire axe over his body, I can't "find" the body to check the pulse or loot it even though it is right in front of me.  So, to be safe, 10 more rounds into him, just to make sure and to ruin anything left on him that might still be functional.

Dude, all you had to do was ask, I had some nice stuff for your Mosin I would have given you.  A pristine LRS, a pristine compensator and about 45 round of ammo for it that I have been lugging around.  But no, you just had to say hello with a bullet instead.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 16

he probably thought he was a YOLOSWAGSNIPER hahahaha nice story I'm glad you taught him a lesson. its funny how folks with a scope that zooms close enough to see the whites of your eyes can't hit the broad side of a barn. 

• Like 2

i never meet people. :( not even to say hello.

same here though I don't usually play on high pop(meaning 30-40) just because that seems to be where a lot of the Hword guys hang and mess with folks.so I stay 20-lower so with that comes less player interaction but still fun.

• Like 1

I am not bitching about getting KoSed because I did not get killed, he did, he started it and I ended it. 

Try to prevent such situations by having more situal awareness and planning your movement before you go into city's ore other risk areas. Think about it, not being seen even if they are friendly makes you in the advantage of knowledge, being seen or moving without any thought (thus being easily spotted) will increase the chance of meeting players with less good intentions :).

• Like 1

this is the only "to the guy at xxxx" type post that was fun to read!

at least you had the smarts to make sure it was dead... I probably woulda strut around with my sks in the air singing "We Are the Champions.." while he stood up and knocked me out

• Like 3

I usually just run around a corner and hide in a bush if I think someone might shoot me (which is anyone with a gun). 

Dude, all you had to do was ask, I had some nice stuff for your Mosin I would have given you.  A pristine LRS, a pristine compensator and about 45 round of ammo for it that I have been lugging around.  But no, you just had to say hello with a bullet instead.

He probably wanted more than what you where "willing" to give.

• Like 1

Try to prevent such situations by having more situal awareness and planning your movement before you go into city's ore other risk areas. Think about it, not being seen even if they are friendly makes you in the advantage of knowledge, being seen or moving without any thought (thus being easily spotted) will increase the chance of meeting players with less good intentions :).

It was low pop, I think there were 10 people max on the server, but, he may have stalked me from the airfield since I had just come from there.   I was in a fairly low area away from and NW of Balota Village by about 300 meters.  I do remember on the way there checking my six and thinking I saw something a little east of the barn just outside town but I believe he may have gone prone in some tall grass when I did my "crazy Ivan". 

However, you are right, I did not follow one of my own basic rules of moving at least one major terrain feature away before stopping and doing anything.  I'm just glad I wasn't eating.

Edited by Barnabus

So I'm sitting by a fire in a relatively hidden area fairly close to Balota AF but, apparently, not hidden well enough because I hear a bullet whizz by followed shortly by another.  The shooter has a Mosin and is shooting at me!  I am just chilling or rather warming by the fire.  So I jump up and run through the fir trees zigging and a zagging while more bullets fly by.  The shooter is getting closer as the shots are getting louder. I pull my SKS, turn around and head back, this is only gonna end if one of us dies, sigh, not what I would want but here we go.  I finally see him and he shoots again, this time he wings me since I am bleeding but I unload 10 rounds of 7.62 x39 into his ass and he goes down.  I am, frankly, amazed at how shitty a shot this guy was, he fires at least 7 shots at me but all he did was wing me, ruin my shirt, my warm hat and some matches.  Get to the body, it slides down the hill and I am plagued with bugs, the rifle is still in the air and so is his fire axe over his body, I can't "find" the body to check the pulse or loot it even though it is right in front of me.  So, to be safe, 10 more rounds into him, just to make sure and to ruin anything left on him that might still be functional.

Maybe he was a POS and didn't need you helping him out.

• Like 1

Maybe he was a POS and didn't need you helping him out.

Either way, I am gonna chuck the Mosin accessories and ammo into the next pond I find.

Either way, I am gonna chuck the Mosin accessories and ammo into the next pond I find.

I do the same thing eveytime I come across a long range scope it gets thrown in the woods or a pond and its even sweeter when its pristine,that goes for ammo too man I'm such a dick

He probably wanted more than what you where "willing" to give.

A bunch of ruined crap?

EDIT: Oh wait. Took me a while.

Edited by ColonelBurton

I have a friend like this, he'll always start shooting no matter what; range, number of players or gear.

And because he either kills a freshspaw or gets killed because he engages someone smarter than him he never gets any experience, and never learns any form of tactic.

Like the time he managed to sneak up on a sniper ontop of an apartment, then proceeded to empty two magazines into the guy while screaming that he was hacking, due to the fact of the target not dying.

He had played for two months and had not heard of zeroing, so he had somehow set it to 1000m and was trying to engange someone at about 10m...

• Like 2

A bunch of ruined crap?

EDIT: Oh wait. Took me a while.

oh, yeah not willing to do that

I have a friend like this, he'll always start shooting no matter what; range, number of players or gear.

You need new friends. KoSing alone is one discussion but that'll for sure only end up endangering everyone else in your group. When someone gets trigger happy at anything that moves all that does is tell anyone around you that may or may not be friends with who you do actually see that you are hostile and armed.

• Like 2

You need new friends. KoSing alone is one discussion but that'll for sure only end up endangering everyone else in your group. When someone gets trigger happy at anything that moves all that does is tell anyone around you that may or may not be friends with who you do actually see that you are hostile and armed.

There is a reason why I tend to stay a minimum of 700 meters away from the "group" :D

Was at NWAF yesterday. Eating my beans in front of the forestation (great place for a break). Suddently i heard a bang. Thought about running. Another one - run. I heard more shots, but not even one hitting me or the ground around me (I heard the bullets, just no visual alarm).

So - no skill KoS -.-