Sign in to follow this  
Davidiusz

0.49 crashsites (& a few observations)

I'm trying to find a few crashsites to (hopefully) get my hands on an M4 for a change (haven't used one since the introduction of the AK), but apparently, i seem totally uable to find any crashsites since the 0.49.

Ran the usual route around green mountain on multiple servers (yes, i know serverhoping is bad) to try to find some, with no luck. Did the locations change in 0.49? Is there any updated map with the locations? Is it somehow influenced by presistence? Its quite bugging me to be honest.

A also a few other observations i made: Where are the bipods? Neither me or anyone i know have seen a bipod since the 0.49 (either found or on someone). On another hand: makarovs. Makarovs everywhere. I think i find those more often than boots now.

Also, persistence also seem to cause some problems. Main one is being the general lack of pretty much anything to loot. Can barely find food now, as everything seems to stay looted thru restarts, so not even talking about other stuffs. Pretty much only things i find in military tents are water bottles. Lots of water bottles.

It's known that loot tables on persistent servers are currently bugged. Try looting on non-persistent servers.

Bipods have definitely become more rare, but they can still be found in military barracks/jails.

Only places I've seen helis spawn as of .49 is at the NWAF itself. All of which were on the airstrip.

• Like 2

Around Zelenogorsk and NWAF i have found crash sites (in 8, 2 of then already looted, i found 2 M4s). 

As for bipods. I'm as you. Didn't found any bipod since last update, i ran all the usual places. Top to bottom of the map. Dont really know if they aren't spawning or really really really and very really rare. I found more of everything. AKMs, AKs, Mags, etc etc. They only other thing i never saw is the mp5 or it's attatchments.

Edited by Rodsin

All 1st person/hardcore servers are non persistant

I own an M4 with the plastic furniture, 40/30 round mags, and a red dot. 

It's from someone I killed, so they exist. 

Will probably keep it as a captain's weapon since it's so kawaii and neato. 

Edited by hotcakes
  • Like 1

They are rare since now they share (the UH-60 heli crash site that spawns the M4) the same possible spawn locations with the new Mi-8 crash sites. There used to be 3 different static Mi-8 crash sites, but now they share the same spawn locations as the smoking UH-60 crash sites. Only 3 per server restart, meaning you can have 2 x Mi-8 and 1 x UH-60, making it all a matter of luck finding the lonely UH-60 crash site in the 50+ possible location. You can use DerDuderich's link for the possible spawn locations, or use this map.

9hl5ps.jpg

Only found 1 UH-60 crash for 5 Mi-8 crashes, no M4. The search is on! I love treasure hunting! ;)

13zswv6.jpg

Good luck!! :thumbsup:  B)

• Like 3

Yeah... i was looking around that cluter of possible spawn points near zeleno/green moutain with no sucess sadly...

and its not that i haven't found crashe blackhawks, i haven't found ANY crashsites. I'll keep lookin'

Yeah... i was looking around that cluter of possible spawn points near zeleno/green moutain with no sucess sadly...

and its not that i haven't found crashe blackhawks, i haven't found ANY crashsites. I'll keep lookin'

I was at those locations again and found another heli. No guns, only mags and attachments. I Find that area the best to hunt for helis.

• Like 1

I was at those locations again and found another heli. No guns, only mags and attachments. I Find that area the best to hunt for helis.

I find the area the best to hunt for heli hunters.

;D

• Like 2

M4s are overrated anyhow. Get yourself a nice raincoat. Seems hypothermia is the real killer in .49

;)

Edited by Vex_Vehix
  • Like 3

Even the ones that say persistence enabled?

The possible helo sites cover half the map. Ciricling around one hill and not finding any does not mean crash sites are bugged.

• Like 1

The possible helo sites cover half the map. Ciricling around one hill and not finding any does not mean crash sites are bugged.

Not, but according to the ammount of tries, there was a very low statistic probability for me to find nothing. Also, i didn't say it was bugged, i was asking about possible changes (that could be possible due to the restored southern spawn points).

Even the ones that say persistence enabled?

As far as I know only the official ones, but it is still causing issues.  I was on a 1st person that didn't say either way, placed a tent and it was gone the next day when I logged in.  Pretty sure it was not stolen, it was way off the beaten track and pretty hard to see.

I find the area the best to hunt for heli hunters.

;D

maybe we cross paths one day... but you better be a sniper ;)

• Like 1

They are there... I have been running the Green Mountain run... about 18 sites.

Done it about 6-7 times and found 2 crash sites, both the mi-28.  Found one smersh vest:)

While statistically you should find one almost each run (18 locations out of 60 or so), but randomization doesn't have to be consistent.  

Edited by TwinSpire

Not all but some. I have found two that are actually persistent, one being the =CSG= clan server.

They are there... I have been running the Green Mountain run... about 18 sites.

Done it about 6-7 times and found 2 crash sites, both the mi-28.  Found one smersh vest:)

While statistically you should find one almost each run (18 locations out of 60 or so), but randomization doesn't have to be consistent.  

I saw that there were 70+ Hele spawns, and that the car spawns eat up the same 3 chances. Putting your chances of any given spawn point very low. You sound lucky to me!

• Like 1

I saw that there were 70+ Hele spawns, and that the car spawns eat up the same 3 chances. Putting your chances of any given spawn point very low. You sound lucky to me!

Fuck, the car spawns count too?

Balls.

maybe we cross paths one day... but you better be a sniper ;)

Maybe... Maybe...

My friends and I established pretty quickly that the best way to find the gear you can't (eg M4s and decked out Mosins) is to hunt down those that do.

Haven't seen an M4 since 0.49 but I have all the parts and sufficient magazines for one as soon as I find one...

• Like 1

Maybe... Maybe...

My friends and I established pretty quickly that the best way to find the gear you can't (eg M4s and decked out Mosins) is to hunt down those that do.

Haven't seen an M4 since 0.49 but I have all the parts and sufficient magazines for one as soon as I find one...

Lolo... wont give you mine freelly... it's quite easy to deck out a mosin... in cities you usually find everything to have a pro look mosin sniper.... LRS usualy spawn in the the 3 floor blue door houses and in garages... the mosin itself is quite usual also... as for the M4... those are really hard (that's why i'm kinda attach to my char)

There used to be 70 sites, they removed all of the southern/balota ones... which brings it down to the low 60s I believe.

Did not know there were only 3 car or heli spawns...  Seems odd I haven't seen this anywhere else.  I suppose it would account for the rarity lately.  Did see someone say the cars don't seem random and there is always one in a certain location... but don't know much of anything about the cars.

Not all but some. I have found two that are actually persistent, one being the =CSG= clan server.

Dammit, wasted a tent that took me about 5 minutes to actually find when I started looking.  Now I won't find another for about 30 days.

Did not know there were only 3 car or heli spawns...  Seems odd I haven't seen this anywhere else.  I suppose it would account for the rarity lately.  Did see someone say the cars don't seem random and there is always one in a certain location... but don't know much of anything about the cars.

I have constantly seen one police car at the train station near

Lopatino.  I have also found one not far from the police station

in Sevrograd, sorry, not gonna say exactly where but I'll give you a hint. 

It is inside another building.  I've only seen one other vehicle in a

building and that's a minivan.

Edited by Barnabus