Airborne13F

Coincidence? Or...

I don't necessarily mind dying as I have been playing this game for over a month now and each time I die, I have been able to fully-equip my new character.  But something happened a few nights ago where my most recent death was a little suspect....

I logged on to a server with about 3 other people logged on.  I took my character from a house in the town of Balota and moved to the air strip.  I scoped out the area very carefully and it looked clear.  I checked the server and saw that now there was just me and one other player.  I moved to the building at the western corner of the air strip.  I went in, looted a few items, then came back downstairs.  I opened the door, I came out and checked my perimeter.  All clear.  Began moving east and three seconds later - two shots from behind and I'm dead in less than 15 minutes after logging on.  

Keep in mind I was playing a fully-outfitted, fully-equipped character donned in all OD green camouflage.  No matter the server population, I always play as if there could be someone in the same town.  I move slowly and tactically.  I never take the most direct route, I take the most camouflaged route, and I'm always watching my six.  On a playable map this massive, it's hard to believe that the last remaining person on the server was in the exact same location I was in.  I had previously read somewhere that there is an exploit/hack where another player can find you.  Is there any truth to that?  It just seems like a very odd coincidence.  Yes it's plausible, but odd nonetheless.

Balotafield for is real. Dont server hop thats probably what he was doing was camping at the end of the airfield killing hoppers.

• Like 1

I've had this game for nearly a year now, running into the only single other player on the server is very common if you're a cheap server hopper like me, infact the nearest one was today at 9:00 AM in the morning, ran into the only guy on the server at the military base south of NWAF. Ofc we started shooting at each other until I killed him and now I got an AKM and a AK101 both with multiple mags and scopes :P

I can tell you that there's a hack for that with 100% certainty. I've been killed a dozen times on empty servers (me and another person) withing 5 minutes of joining. I'm pretty sure users that use such hacks have access to the server because I cannot imagine such hacks working client side.

Edited by BlinkingRiki182

I don't necessarily mind dying as I have been playing this game for over a month now and each time I die, I have been able to fully-equip my new character.  But something happened a few nights ago where my most recent death was a little suspect....

I logged on to a server with about 3 other people logged on.  I took my character from a house in the town of Balota and moved to the air strip.  I scoped out the area very carefully and it looked clear.  I checked the server and saw that now there was just me and one other player.  I moved to the building at the western corner of the air strip.  I went in, looted a few items, then came back downstairs.  I opened the door, I came out and checked my perimeter.  All clear.  Began moving east and three seconds later - two shots from behind and I'm dead in less than 15 minutes after logging on.  

Keep in mind I was playing a fully-outfitted, fully-equipped character donned in all OD green camouflage.  No matter the server population, I always play as if there could be someone in the same town.  I move slowly and tactically.  I never take the most direct route, I take the most camouflaged route, and I'm always watching my six.  On a playable map this massive, it's hard to believe that the last remaining person on the server was in the exact same location I was in.  I had previously read somewhere that there is an exploit/hack where another player can find you.  Is there any truth to that?  It just seems like a very odd coincidence.  Yes it's plausible, but odd nonetheless.

You'll never know.

It could have been a hacker, or it could have been a genuine player who you didn't see. It's not that unbelievable that you were both at Balota - after all, you chose to be there. No point in agonising over it, in my opinion. A death's a death's death.

What I would be genuinely interested in knowing, however, is why you play on empty servers when you obviously enjoy the tactical/stealthy side of the gameplay. Doesn't this just remove any challenge and tension that you might otherwise have in full servers?

I can tell you that there's a hack for that with 100% certainty. I've been killed a dozen times on empty servers (me and another person) withing 5 minutes of joining. I'm pretty sure users that use such hacks have access to the server because I cannot imagine such hacks working client side.

idk man but I'm just saying it happens to me lots of times and nah, I don't think theres such hack for something like that. Keep in mind you're not the only guy smart enough to server hop military bases and airfields :)

idk man but I'm just saying it happens to me lots of times and nah, I don't think theres such hack for something like that. Keep in mind you're not the only guy smart enough to server hop military bases and airfields :)

Yeah, except the fact that I've not been anywhere near military bases and airfields. I've been playing long enough to know things like these are defo possible and I've seen much weirder shit happening with admins abusing exploits.

Never assume you're alone. You did everything right it sounds. 3x when there were only 1-2 other people on the server I was on I ran into them, 2 of those times was in Balota. Any of the major airstrips are good places to run into people, and the best places to run into server hoppers. And yes, ESP was part of a hack at one point (you can find the Youtube videos of it, accounts of it on these forums, and reports of it in the Feedback tracker), and I've not read anything claiming that it has been fixed or defeated (yet). However, what you described could very well simply be bad luck.

• Like 1

When ur alone on a Server or with only a few peeps....what do you think where everybody runs first?? AIRFIELDS!!! Low peeps = low risk!

• Like 2

You'll never know.

It could have been a hacker, or it could have been a genuine player who you didn't see. It's not that unbelievable that you were both at Balota - after all, you chose to be there. No point in agonising over it, in my opinion. A death's a death's death.

What I would be genuinely interested in knowing, however, is why you play on empty servers when you obviously enjoy the tactical/stealthy side of the gameplay. Doesn't this just remove any challenge and tension that you might otherwise have in full servers?

This was Sunday night, there were a ton of people playing and I was having difficulty joining servers regardless of the population.  I started trying to join servers with lower populations just to actually get logged into the game, and when I did that I finally got in.  Then I died, lol.

i'm with Krawallkurt..go to a server with 6-7 people in it, i guarantee elektro and cherno will be devoid of life. the airfields, on the other hand..

Thing is, I wasn't server-hopping because like I said earlier my character was fully-geared.  And I didn't even have to be at the airfield that night, it was just that my curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see if there was any new loot lying around.  And curiosity killed the cat.  In the back.  

Thing is, I wasn't server-hopping because like I said earlier my character was fully-geared.  And I didn't even have to be at the airfield that night, it was just that my curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see if there was any new loot lying around.  And curiosity killed the cat.  In the back.  

Curiosity is a cowardly thieving double-crossing bastard. But you have to trust him sometimes or else you end up bored and alone forever.

Same set of circumstance got me killed in Elektro, I would lean more towards a server hopper than it being a hack with that little of information.

I was in Elektro on a low pop server, klling my way through zeds so I could get past the Fire Station on the way down the road to the Police Dept. Guy popped me from the church, just assume you are never alone. The route less traveled is your friend, you never know when a squad of 5 are gong to server hop and land right where you are.

Yep, i'd chaulk that one up to an Airfield Camper/Hoper, several times doing the airfield hop on very low pop servers iv ran into the only other person on the server... seems the airfields / military camps are only real places to gear up with ak's and good clothes... always expect contact there...

And it just happened AGAIN.  I was on a server with 3 other people from clan |SK|.  I was nowhere near a military base or a big city, I was not server-hopping.  I was moving along a treeline when I was shot in the back.  

There's just too much playable space for this to be another coincidence.  I was in the woods south of the town of Nadezhdino.  I can see camping an airfield or military base or even a big city, but camping in the woods south of a small town waiting for ONE GUY to run by?  And he does?  Nope, that dog won't hunt.

Edited by Airborne13F

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

• Like 1