Sign in to follow this  
=RK=Achilles

Silent Gunfire

Since .48 I've noticed that gunfire sound effects often aren't heard by people nearby.  Several times, while playing in a group, I will shoot a zombie and my friends nearby do not hear the shot.  It also happens where I don't here them shoot. 

Here is a video of an encounter I had over the weekend.  This player shoots at me (I'm fairly certain), but all I can hear are the impacts and see the dust plumes of the impacts on the tent in front of me.  Turn your volume up and let me know what you think..

Anyone else experiencing this.  It seems to be happening very regularly to me.

Sound Glitch?

yeah a friendly took a playful shot at me yesterday and I heard the ricochet but not the shot.  thought it came from extremely long range so I ran, but it was him.

Seems zombies are affected too. I shot one with a magnum, and the other one just around the corner just stood there gawking at the sky.

Happened to me as well. Guy near me shot a cow with a shotgun and I didnt hear the first shot.

I hope you weren't planning on eating that cow.

Silent gunshots have been an issue for a very, very long time. Hopefully the team will figure out a fix some time soon.