Mangina

toggle stance key please!

Excuse me? I didn't call him a BF nub so learn to fucking read. I clearly told him that the chances of it happening are very slim due to the fact that they'd have to rewrite the code on the controls. He's the one flipping out over it not me.

Reaaaally didn't wanna jump in on this pissing contest, but for the record, since the devs plan to completely rework the control scheme/ interface(based on what ive read) and also basically plan on changing everything about the engine, I would say it's not only completely possible, and beyond that it would be a minimal amount of work considering crouching and standing are already in the game and all they would have to code would be some type of keybind option. but also I think it would be a good idea.

Can't lie I've made the mistake of laying down because my pesky finger panicked and got myself killed. A toggle function would be awesome.

Also just because a feature is in a game you don't like doesn't mean it should be left out. A good thing is a good thing regardless of where it comes from.

We wouldn't have landed on the moon if the nazi's didn't invent the v2 rocket.

• Like 1

Reaaaally didn't wanna jump in on this pissing contest, but for the record, since the devs plan to completely rework the control scheme/ interface(based on what ive read) and also basically plan on changing everything about the engine, I would say it's not only completely possible, and beyond that it would be a minimal amount of work considering crouching and standing are already in the game and all they would have to code would be some type of keybind option. but also I think it would be a good idea.

Can't lie I've made the mistake of laying down because my pesky finger panicked and got myself killed. A toggle function would be awesome.

Also just because a feature is in a game you don't like doesn't mean it should be left out. A good thing is a good thing regardless of where it comes from.

this guy gets it. its about having the option to have your own playstyle through keybinding its got nothing to do with battlefield 4 the only reference i made to bf4 was the key binding options there are many other games that have this control just that bf4 was my chosen example i need that meme that says that escalated quickly 

I have no doubt that they are going to rework the controls.  I honestly do not see them removing the crouch/prone/stand function.  If anything they are going to rework the functionality of walk, run and sprint as those are the sloppiest controls I've ever seen in any game.

I have no doubt that they are going to rework the controls. I honestly do not see them removing the crouch/prone/stand function. If anything they are going to rework the functionality of walk, run and sprint as those are the sloppiest controls I've ever seen in any game.

Well to be honest, all of the controls in dayz are pretty clunky and awkward to use IMO. And I'm sure they will work on that towards the tail end of the alpha phase after they implement key features and whatnot. Your right, I doubt they would completely remove that from the game, but that's not the discussion at hand. The point of this thread is to propose the idea of a crouch/stand toggle key, not the removal of existing methods of doing so.

If anything, they will likely have both, and alot more options to choose from, so that individual players can have control schemes that are comfortable and easy to use for that player. Because that would be the intelligent, consumer friendly way of doing it.

• Like 1

Well to be honest, all of the controls in dayz are pretty clunky and awkward to use IMO. And I'm sure they will work on that towards the tail end of the alpha phase after they implement key features and whatnot. Your right, I doubt they would completely remove that from the game, but that's not the discussion at hand. The point of this thread is to propose the idea of a crouch/stand toggle key, not the removal of existing methods of doing so.

If anything, they will likely have both, and alot more options to choose from, so that individual players can have control schemes that are comfortable and easy to use for that player. Because that would be the intelligent, consumer friendly way of doing it.

this guy understands me im in love...... touch my mangina.

Can we stick to the topic at hand and leave the personal insults out please, gents? Thanks.

• Like 2

I agree with the OP,  Arma 3 has the same toggle crouch/stand on the X key that he is suggesting and personally i would like to see it be an option in the future

• Like 1

What exactly do you request? A key that makes your character crouch as long as you are pressing the key and when releasing the key to go back to standing?

No, he's asking for a key that toggles crouch/stand and then goes to prone when you hold it down.

With ZXC you can go directly from standing to prone or from prone to either standing or crouched with 0 delay, so that will always be the better option IMO.

I see OPs point, but I prefer a separate button, rather than having to hold crouch to lay down. Because it is in fact faster.

Mos1ey is right toggle is due to consoles, while dumbing down might be a bit insulting, console controllers have far less buttons so they have to have multiple functions. It has nothing to with making it easier, but rather using what little buttons you have to allow multiple functions. 

Edited by General Zod

I see OPs point, but I prefer a separate button, rather than having to hold crouch to lay down. Because it is in fact faster.

Mos1ey is right toggle is due to consoles, while dumbing down might be a bit insulting, console controllers have far less buttons so they have to have multiple functions. It has nothing to with making it easier, but rather using what little buttons you have to allow multiple functions. 

its all about making these options available to the player if they need it. its nothing to do with dumbing down things. its just the availability of assigning keys to do different tasks.