Sign in to follow this  
pookie

Should There Be a Respawn Button ( Discussion )

Hi, Lately I have been wondering if there should be a respawn button in dayz so people don't need to commit suicide anymore. I have put all my thoughts into a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONGC3BkeAGQ&list=UUZSFsksgWAM7_0tpW1Lj_gg

What do you think about this subject? Do you think there should be a suicide button in dayz standalone?

No.

Used to be semi-valid when sticks were only a spawn and not something you could search for but it's not any longer. It's not that hard to find somewhere to suicide in if you haven't got the spawn you like either.

• Like 1

Maybe for alpha....I kinda feel like its a waste of manpower having them unstick us when a respawn key would work. In the finished product it should be super easy to respawn. Theres should be enough zeds that respawn = run through town....stand still for 10ish seconds lol

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

Absolutely not.

With a re-spawn button so many of the gameplay mechanics are just thrown right out the window.

• Like 1

No- because people would abuse that button hard. On the other side the positives and potential legit uses are very few - its a game about survival after all. I know its sucks to get stuck somewhere but the real use for such a button would be to get one of those juicy south coast spawns or click it until you spawn near your corpse/tent.

I think there are two situations where you should be able to respawn:

• when you are dead (obviously)
  • when you at below 500 blood (because thats technically dead if nobody is around to help you)

I also recommend upping the respawn time (high enough to prevent people from suiciding but still short enough to keep you playing) and intruducing respawn bias (to avoid quick regearing and spawnkilling).

The game already got a wallhack - it does not need a teleport as well.

• Like 1

In the stream last week, Hicks mentioned that we might be able to take suicide later. But it will require a pistol to do so.