Sign in to follow this  
claws4life

Finally made my own Gorka E Military helmet today

2014_09_19_00007.jpg 2014_09_19_00008.jpg 2014_09_19_00009.jpg 2014_09_19_00012.jpg 2014_09_19_00014.jpg 2014_09_19_00016.jpg 2014_09_19_00026.jpg 2014_09_19_00027.jpg

special1.jpg

Incase you're wondering how you can make your own one, you have to find the helmet and the visor seperately and then attach them to each other, unlike ballitistic helmet, you can actually wear a gas mask on this one :D

In the inventory menu mask is invisible behind visor but it's visible ingame to other players :)

EDIT: forgot to add this. After running some testing, the visor does actually protect you from bullets to the face, this helmet is much better than the ballistic helmet and also much more rare. If you ever find one, consider your self lucky.

Edited by Claws4life
  • Like 1

Can you wear a mask without the visor? I might go for a mask/helmet combo.

yes you can wear any mask on it, but I highly recommend keeping the visor as it does actually block at least one bullet before it's broken.

It's very effective and makes you look damn intimidating. I'd recommend you grab a visor or the helmet and hang onto it if you do find one. It's highly worth it.

Cool, I've found the helmet but still searching for the visor. Looks bad ass with a balaclava underneath.

Edited by Kit the Great

Where exactly did you find the visor? Having trouble today, im busy checking barracks

Where exactly did you find the visor? Having trouble today, im busy checking barracks

I found the visor inside the military bedroom, you know like the one south of balota airbase. Not the both sides open military tent or the single door  barracks with multiple rooms. I found it inside the military building that has one door that leads to one room with beds inside it. I'm sorry if the description sucks but I'll try to find a picture.

Edited by Claws4life

yes you can wear any mask on it, but I highly recommend keeping the visor as it does actually block at least one bullet before it's broken.

I personally just don't like the way it looks. Does it really stop bullets? What kind?

for those who want confirmation of whether you can put the gas mask on it or not, heres the picture ( not mine but it proves that the old stormtrooper helmet + gas mask awesome combo from the first few weeks of the game is back :D )

special1.jpg

Again for those who don't read, the inventory menu is bugged and the mask disappears behind the visor but ingame it's fully visibile to other players :)

Edited by Claws4life

Hate how the mask looks, wish they had added the proper military metal one. There is even variations. Still looking for the mythical Smersh vest though. Haven't seen a Helo yet.

Meanwhile you can still Spetsnaz up without the faceplace. Soviet up comradskis!

44peQlM.png

Edited by Zoring

I personally just don't like the way it looks. Does it really stop bullets? What kind?

Heres the picture that shows the gas mask being worn + the visor above it. As for the protection of the visor, it will stop 1 shot from an M4 or normal hand gun to the face (something ballistic helmet can't do as the ballistic helmet only protects the head but not the face). As for the Mosin and other powerful shotguns, we didn't try it but we're sure it would still kill you. No matter how hard the plastic is on the visor, it won't stop a 7.62mm round for sure :)

special1.jpg

Hardly matters stopping a bullet, will always be more than one coming your direction, FashionZ is far more important than looking like a goofball.

Looks don't matter if it's pretty much protecting your face from getting blown off for about 2 hits.

Makes no difference if I'm sniped. I just don't think it matters.

Hardly matters stopping a bullet, will always be more than one coming your direction, FashionZ is far more important than looking like a goofball.

I know everyone has their opinion but for me, the visor looks so much more bad ass and intimidating than wearing a mask, but we all got our own fashion :D

I really wish they had gone for the armoured visor instead of the riot one.....kind of disappointing. Hopefully it gets put in sooner or later. I also hope we have an option to flip up the visor.

A fully-auto Mosin?  Never heard of such...

Edit- I wear mine with a ski mask underneath.  Also, I think they slow you down, the helmets.

Edited by harteman

EDIT: forgot to add this. After running some testing, the visor does actually protect you from bullets to the face, this helmet is much better than the ballistic helmet and also much more rare. If you ever find one, consider your self lucky.

Did you do melee testing?

Edited by Rags

A fully-auto Mosin?  Never heard of such...

Edit- I wear mine with a ski mask underneath.  Also, I think they slow you down, the helmets.

Yes, there is no semi-auto mosin. But if you take a 7.62x54R to the face it doesn't matter what you are wearing.

Heres the picture that shows the gas mask being worn + the visor above it. As for the protection of the visor, it will stop 1 shot from an M4 or normal hand gun to the face (something ballistic helmet can't do as the ballistic helmet only protects the head but not the face). As for the Mosin and other powerful shotguns, we didn't try it but we're sure it would still kill you. No matter how hard the plastic is on the visor, it won't stop a 7.62mm round for sure :)

Hmmm me and a friend just tested this on out. One 9mm bullet into the visor killed me.