Death By Crowbar

Favorite things about .49 so far

Randomly open doors is #1 for me

and the doors making noise is pretty cool too B)  even though they all make the exact same noise even the sliding doors

1. random open doors.  +1 for sounds.

2. new melee is a bagillion times better, purposefully gathering up 5-10 zombies and going axe crazy.

3. I like the temp thing.  Making fresh spawn slightly more stressful, but becoming an afterthought once you get out of the cold status, neat.

It is raining cattle prods though.  I have seen probably 40 of them in only 4-5 hours of play since the patch.

Thoroughly enjoyed being a fresh spawn again, as my last character was over 100 hours and a couple months old.

My favorite thing is probably the game crashes.. OH wait no no my favorite is the lag... wait no my real favorite is not being able to play it at all! yeah that's it. 

Like:

More spaced out spawn locations

Door noises

General cleaned up feeling

Less loot

Dislike:

Less loot - started as a new spawn only to be rained on and cold in the first 30 seconds.

Door/gate noises all the same

"No message received pretty often"

Walking indoors and having the lighting/roof glitch and the sun and rains comes through.

Random taking out compass or any other hot bar item in the middle of a fight.

LOVE:

= Random doors

= Balaclava

= Loot on non-pers. servers has not been affected at all that i can see. Idk what people are talking about there being less loot

= Door sounds

= The early beginnings of the temperature system

= Pretty much all the new items

= Balota got gutted

= NEAF is hilarious now

= Heli sites

= Z pathing noticeably better

= Melee system is fixed

= Hacked items got wiped

GRRRR:

= Damp and soaked glitch items

= Temp system really isn't even a factor yet

= NEAF is hilarious now

= Frequent unscheduled server resets are rampant among all servers

= Noticed more graphical glitches

= Still quite a bit of hacking going on

= You can spawn in with a gun in your hands (Advantage to server hoppers)

= Sporters are STILL a milspawn (come on guys...)

= Military helmet visor cannot be removed when attached and glitches out the balaclava

Love the doors finally making sounds

Like the added challenge of cold/temperature, I've got the wool dinner jacket on and I'm toasty so I would say that. Rain and wetness is a pain but I welcome it cos I want it to be hardcore.

Like that fighting zeds with melee is better.

Animals have taken a step in the right direction with the Ai hope it continues to develop.

Like that arms seem to be a lot rarer. I got a 22 rifle and 40 rounds, not many left, and luckily also a 9mm pistol but can only chamber that. 7 9mm bullets left.

Like that zed aggro is less unbelievable, if I walk and stay out of eyeline I don't get aggroed, stealth is good again. Running instantly wakes them up.

Good times so far!

Dislikes, so many restarts. Guess that's something the servers are struggling with.

Like that zed aggro is less unbelievable, if I walk and stay out of eyeline I don't get aggroed, stealth is good again. Running instantly wakes them up.

You must have lucked out and gotten the retarded zombies. All I get are the ones that will still spot me from 200m out looking the OPPOSITE DIRECTION

Though they've added a few nice touches such as random doors, door sounds, new items and a variety of bug fixes and new bugs, I have yet to be challenged by either the environment or the 'lack of supplies.'

They've yet to tone down the loot spawns or even put any thought into making things just a bit balanced. I was able to spawn in Vybor today, dash to the military base, and have a vest, hunting backpack, SKS, a drum magazine and a 30 round magazine - That netted me 105 bullets for my SKS - along with full camouflage in 15 minutes.

That's boring. I was geared and ready to go onto the boring treks around the map in search of interaction and PVP. I had no reason to even do anymore looting, as I was literally set.

Of course, this is only due to my spawn, right?

Nah, not really.

I've found that this game is just getting easier to 'jump into.' As it gets farther into development, gearing up is becoming a much faster process for me. Its easy to find a gun, easy to find what I want, and easy to get straight to the, well, enjoyable and tense action I desire.

However!

I don't think this is the experience I really want. I'm not on the edge unless shot at, and even then I know I have enough ammunition to back myself up.

I think what I'm trying to say is rather simple - Supplies such as ammunition, food, and, well, most of everything is just way too common for me to enjoy myself. I mean, come on - 3 bags of Rice after an hour of looting? That's ridiculous.

You must have lucked out and gotten the retarded zombies. All I get are the ones that will still spot me from 200m out looking the OPPOSITE DIRECTION

You need to drop some of your loose change ;) too much jingling noise an they're on you haha

I have had that as well tho, if out in an open field they seem to aggro from 100-200m away sometimes!! But in built up areas I can stealth without a problem now up until about 15 feet away.