Maarten (DayZ)

Why did you shoot me.

I dont see what the big deal is' date=' stop staying by the coast, run inland, I do it every time, find me decent weaponry and I am set. Once I am armed, I head back to the coast to get me some supplies of some fresh survivors.

[/quote']

So you go inland get a high grade weapon, and head back to the coast to go kill new players?

Yup! Something wrong with the need and will to kill a player? Would you rather me leave them alone? What is stopping them from doing the same thing I did? Nothing, theres nothing.

Its a veteran server for a reason, with certain things turned off, get over it. Seriously deal with death in whatever form it comes on, or move on to another game, as this one apprently doesnt fit you.

I just support the fact that being friendly shouldn't require meta-gaming to be a valid play style.

I love the mod but the pking killed it for me' date=' and everybody that replies with okthnxbai can go jump of a bridge.

This is the best mod ever and i will come back when pking is not the biggest thread in the mod.

When i see someone that has a gun i always say ''DONT SHOOT'' and ''FRIENDLY'' but they always shoot me on sight, so this mod actually sucks in this stage and i hope that this will get better soon.

[/quote']

one famous quote for you buddy:

There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Killing people in dayz is fun as hell.

i love to hunt and stalk people for the rush i get when i pull the trigger.

stop whining like vagina and just play the game better.

pvp makes this game what it is.

I find it saddening you've basically admitted that newbie players are better than you. And also, NO. New players who just spawn in CANNOT go and kill you for the hell of it, they're unarmed scavengers.

All you're doing is bogging down a good game.

Some day we'll be rid of these kind of people, if only on the decent servers.

Good luck with that' date=' not with Rocket at the wheel mate.

[/quote']

maybe not during alpha or beta but We will find a way to make bandits hate life in dayz.

This Mod is all about grabbing the guns and shooting every god damned mother fucker that you see, without fail, without exception, you shoot every single mother fucker that you can.

There's zombies somewhere too, but apart from that you SHOOT EVERY GOD DAMNED MOTHER FUCKER THAT YOU SEE.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Agreed, many threads already point to this flaws, I hope that this is next on the list to be fixed, because the way things are right now, I don't feel motivated to play. It makes things boring.

Everyone has this "shoot on sight" mentality, it really ruins the whole aspect of "finding out who the person is" and "questioning on what to do".

Shoot him, get all his items and survive.

Don't shoot him and go into the risk of being shot in the back.

Until this is fixed, the game is pretty damn boring.

Yea,I suffered from same newbie effect as you,OP... but after being killed twice for yelling at mic Friendly dont shot! I was even sniped at airfield twice and from taht moment I simply kill what I see,be you unamred or not ( got m16 CCO SD,G17 all accesorice NVG GPS MAp blahblah ) I even kill unarmed ( only those who notice me) beacuse when they see my stuff they ll run but if they find gear in next building,shoting in my back would be ideal.

Trust none,kill all.

Yea' date='I suffered from same newbie effect as you,OP... but after being killed twice for yelling at mic Friendly dont shot! I was even sniped at airfield twice and from taht moment I simply kill what I see,be you unamred or not ( got m16 CCO SD,G17 all accesorice NVG GPS MAp blahblah ) I even kill unarmed ( only those who notice me) beacuse when they see my stuff they ll run but if they find gear in next building,shoting in my back would be ideal.

Trust none,kill all.

[/quote']

and people like you make me wish to no longer live on this planet.

This Mod is all about grabbing the guns and shooting every god damned mother fucker that you see' date=' without fail, without exception, you shoot every single mother fucker that you can.

There's zombies somewhere too, but apart from that you SHOOT EVERY GOD DAMNED MOTHER FUCKER THAT YOU SEE.

What's so hard to understand about that?

[/quote']

I don't understant why you'd want to. There's 100 million billion games out there that already let you do this, and let you do it far better than DayZ.

Is it just because a lot of the guys here can't fight back? Like, that's not going to get old for everyone involved......

I don't understant why you'd want to.

Well, surely if you don't understand something you should try your best to get rid of it in any way possible. Like a true Texas Republican.

1 or 2 days ago i was wandering with my 1911 and cammo skin, nothing more.

i cross a guy and i attempt to communicate wityh voip " friendly! , i will not shot , DONT SHOT!" , the guy see me , run around a little and then shot me with a winchester...

he left me bleeding, i kill him and seconds later i die for the bleed, the little sucker then respawns 1000s times , run to the bodies and lot them...

it happen before, this is only the last one.

i now act like many others and kill evry living thing i see near me.

now they die first.

The problem (if you want to call it that) is that people treat this game like it's Battle Royale/Hunger Games when it's supposed to be more like I Am Legend. We're not supposed to be each others enemies here; the environment is. But because this is an online game with guns peoples brains automatically switch to deathmatch mode because that's what we've all been taught for the last decade and a half.

Thing is your assumption is incorrect. Surviving the environment in DayZ is not a challenge at all once you understand how the infected work and where loot spawns. The only challenging part is other players. The players add that element of unknown to the game. It has nothing to due with the fact that guns are in the game or from "conditioning".

As someone else, sorry can't remember who, pointed out in another thread, we the players need more tools in the sandbox and need to have the player be more powerful than the gear we find. What I mean here is we need more permanency to our actions and for certain exploits to be corrected before banding together to really create what we want. Any type of defenses we may create to protect ourselves can be circumvented due to server hopping. Whether those defenses are patrols or structures doesn't matter. Hell, I would love to be able to take and hold one of the ruins or islands, but the fact that someone can server hop around anything I or my group does kind of makes doing so a waste of time. You should need to cooperate, to a larger degree than now, in order to survive the environment. Until these things are changed hunting other players will be the only real challenge in DayZ.

I agree 100% with the OP. Just tonight me and 4 friends run into a lone survivor in the Berezino market and we decide to be nice. I alert him of our presence and ask if hes friendly. He replies yes and he wants no trouble. I told him fine just get out of the market and leave it to us. So he precedes to do so. As we try to finish looting the place we start receiving gun fire. He manages to kill one of us before he disconnects from the server.

Now because of the actions of this asshole my group is forced to kill any survivor we run into. Funny thing is my group was stacked with military weapons and sniper rifles. He only had a enfield and clearly just wanted to a douche and disconnect to safety.

I agree 100% with the OP. Just tonight me and 4 friends run into a lone survivor in the Berezino market and we decide to be nice. I alert him of our presence and ask if hes friendly. He replies yes and he wants no trouble. I told him fine just get out of the market and leave it to us. So he precedes to do so. As we try to finish looting the place we start receiving gun fire. He manages to kill one of us before he disconnects from the server.

Now because of the actions of this asshole my group is forced to kill any survivor we run into. Funny thing is my group was stacked with military weapons and sniper rifles. He only had a enfield and clearly just wanted to a douche and disconnect to safety.

This would be easy fixed with a fix to the disconenct timeout. Although rampant at the moment :(

Heres the theory i use that keeps me alive. Play with friends. Make freinds in game early like electro or cherno or just dont. Dont kill unless seen or need supplies. If they dont see you they cant kill you. You have to remember though that you may run towards them yelling friendly but thats what trolls would do as well. If not seen cant be killed.

In DayZ, the law of the jungle reigns supreme. It's kill or be killed. If I kill someone, I am stronger than them. If I get killed, I was the weaker one.

This is DayZ. You can no more make a hungry lion to spare a defenseless baby Impala than you than you could an asshole bandit spare a well-meaning surivivor. I don't camp the south, I head North - anyone who gets in my way gets it from me, or I get it from them. Every time I've tried to make friends or be nice it has NEVER worked out for me. The insidiousness and inherent evil of your fellow man is laid bare with this mod.

Learn to live with this, respect this rule. But fear not, you never travel alone, for you see, the spectre of death is always with you...always...

I told him fine just get out of the market and leave it to us.

Are you the fucking mother of God? Since when that market became your property? I completely support that guy. Great job on him grabbing a rifle and shooting one of you to death. I would do the same. People like you, who think that they are more equal than others, deserve to be shot on sight.

In DayZ' date=' the law of the jungle reigns supreme. It's kill or be killed. If I kill someone, I am stronger than them. If I get killed, I was the weaker one.

This is DayZ. You can no more make a hungry lion to spare a defenseless baby Impala than you than you could an asshole bandit spare a well-meaning surivivor. I don't camp the south, I head North - anyone who gets in my way gets it from me, or I get it from them. Every time I've tried to make friends or be nice it has NEVER worked out for me. The insidiousness and inherent evil of your fellow man is laid bare with this mod.

Learn to live with this, respect this rule. But fear not, you never travel alone, for you see, the spectre of death is always with you...always...

[/quote']

...so is this a zombie game or a PVP game?

I love the mod but the pking killed it for me' date=' and everybody that replies with okthnxbai can go jump of a bridge.

This is the best mod ever and i will come back when pking is not the biggest thread in the mod.

When i see someone that has a gun i always say ''DONT SHOOT'' and ''FRIENDLY'' but they always shoot me on sight, so this mod actually sucks in this stage and i hope that this will get better soon.

[/quote']

Don't blame the mod for the behaviour of individuals, no matter how many of them there are.

Actually it is partially the mods fault. As it stands, there is no disincentive to murdering everyone you see. People don't feel the same risk they would in real life, and this is a problem inherent in all games. The only game I ever played that solved this was Face of Mankind. Your character had to buy clone insurance, and the more you paid, the more clones you had available. However, if you used up all your clones you died permanently. We're talking the loss of player housing, gear, large amounts of money. Of course this was based in the future. It was the only game where I would occasionally see conflicts be resolved diplomatically, and it was so much more fun for it.

People laugh, but I look forward to being able to play this solo, or local with a private server, or on a server with reduced player numbers so that it's not 45 bandits camping spawn locations and loot points and 5 other players.

People laugh' date=' but I look forward to being able to play this solo, or local with a private server, or on a server with reduced player numbers so that it's not 45 bandits camping spawn locations and loot points and 5 other players.

[/quote']

I feel sorry for you if you want to do that. As I feel that would ruin Day Z.

People laugh' date=' but I look forward to being able to play this solo, or local with a private server, or on a server with reduced player numbers so that it's not 45 bandits camping spawn locations and loot points and 5 other players.

[/quote']

I feel sorry for you if you want to do that. As I feel that would ruin Day Z.

You're right. If we're not under constant thread of death matchers, it would ruin Day Z.

...so is this a zombie game or a PVP game?

Both?

doesn't really feel like it anymore

[/quote']

Why don't you join a friendly clan, or rally a few dozen survivors at Survivor HQ and go find a server to saturate? Then the ratio'll be more like 5 bandits with 45 survivors.

Most bandits are joining clans, working as teams, providing overwatch for each other, etc.

It is unbelievable how childish PvE players are; as if they're entitled to the same teamwork automatically by just running in the open yelling "IS ANYONE OUT THERE????" Years of playing games where they've done nothing but 'use pick axe on rock' a million times have dulled their brains.