Sign in to follow this  
czelious

Seriously?

So i meet a guy with a shotgun, he shoots me so im gonna answer his fire and kill him, but he lags so much i cant hit him, hes just like standing there and i shoot straight at him several shots and nothing, then he glides in that laggy way, away from me ... so high latency = "cheat" in one way..

Welcome to online gaming, pal!

Haha well thnx, got 300+ hours dayz sa though ^^

Just havent had this one happend before, started experimental yesterday so.. too impatient to wait for the patch x)

I've seen some dodgy stuff before that looks like a micro-teleport where the guy moves in staggered steps of 3-5m and is impossible to hit but I always put it down to desynch/player latency.

Still doesn't make it enjoyable in a game like this.

At least in Tribes you could anticipate the lag, and you didn't get 1hitKOd.

That said, these moments are rare for me.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Don't forget you can always check the pings and desync of the people on the server. If you see too many laggers, just change servers. I tried playing with an Aussie friend but it was just too ridiculous. One second he'd be 20 yards behind me, then suddenly he pops up 10 yards in front of me. He axed a zombie in the head and the thing kept running for 5 seconds before dying...

• Like 1

Don't forget you can always check the pings and desync of the people on the server. If you see too many laggers, just change servers. I tried playing with an Aussie friend but it was just too ridiculous. One second he'd be 20 yards behind me, then suddenly he pops up 10 yards in front of me. He axed a zombie in the head and the thing kept running for 5 seconds before dying...

Yeah that happens for me and my friends too even though we are in cities next to eachother both with 100 Mbit/s 

I've seen some dodgy stuff before that looks like a micro-teleport where the guy moves in staggered steps of 3-5m and is impossible to hit but I always put it down to desynch/player latency.

yeah it sucks, cuz they can hit just fine..

i only play on <65~ ms and i thankfully never see crap like this. hard to blame dayz though, you could take your OP and apply it to any FPS and it would sound like it fits.

DayZ servers are usually on full load if there are a lot of people on that server. In those cases, the server fps will go down and it will make clients lag. Devs will fix the server architecture so that it can handle more people + persistence.

Haha well thnx, got 300+ hours dayz sa though ^^

Just havent had this one happend before, started experimental yesterday so.. too impatient to wait for the patch x)

300 hours and you've never seen teleporters in Dayz?

Do you solely play on empty servers?

Since day 1 the game has had awful problems with jittering and de-sync. The patch about 2 months ago helped a lot, but player movement is still really derpy sometimes. I refuse to believe you managed to not figure this out until just now.

300 hours and you've never seen teleporters in Dayz?

Do you solely play on empty servers?

Since day 1 the game has had awful problems with jittering and de-sync. The patch about 2 months ago helped a lot, but player movement is still really derpy sometimes. I refuse to believe you managed to not figure this out until just now.

Yeah, well i usually play on 10-25 ppl servers, and sometimes on full servers..

Haha i usually dont go close quarter, i snipe mostly so maybe thats why i havent had this happening that much

Ya but this systems netcode is under construction still and its base is less than good :/ Arma 3 has the same kind of thing, people going up spiral stairs are funny because they can shoot out of the side of buildings.