Robert Neville

Looking for a specific person in DayZ

I think that we should open a sticky thread for people looking for other survivors they met in DayZ.

Shortly ago (19:00 GMT) two guys saved my ass on the shore south of Solnichniy.  They got rid of a zombie, bandaged me and gave me a can of peaches and a bottle of water, as well as other precious objects.  Then they ran north. 

One of the fellows' name was YOUEDITOR (as seen on the inscreen chat), he invited me to add him on Steam but I couldn't find him.  He had a rifle and a cowboy hat.

To this guy: If you read this forum send me a message (please write the objects you gave me so I can identify you), and thanks a lot for the help today. 

• Like 2

I agree, I have seen this mentioned a couple of times and I even mentioned it once myself in another unrelated thread. What was suggested to me in the other thread was a whole topic on the subject of "missed connections". It would be nice to be able to be able to easily find someone either for the sake of offering a personal thanks for some good deed or a rebuke for bad behavior (keeping it civil of course).

Who knows.... it could turn into "DayZ dating" or "Pistols at dawn".

More like a bulletin board for survivors, the ones you find in any disaster site.

Do anything of you know these two guys?  They said they roam the coast, helping survivors.

I was with a black female character called Adrian, she said it was her first day in DayZ, but she managed to find a green backpack somehow. 

Edited by Robert Neville
  • Like 1

A lot of people think that it is a waste, but believe it or not, I was able to reconnect with a player I met by posting on reddit.  A couple people responded saying it was them (lol), but one guy explained the situation to the T so I knew it was him, and now we are steam friends.

A 'missed connections' would be nice, but I am a little concerned that not many people would actually read it.  Imagine a 20 page long thread (which probably wouldn't take too long to accomplish.  Would you really flip through that?  I honestly probably wouldn't... Well, maybe the most recent page if I had a missed connection.  But, I am sure there would be some great stories there too, so there's that.

Pretty good idea, maybe not as a continuous thread though possibly a subsection?

A 'missed connections' would be nice, but I am a little concerned that not many people would actually read it.  Imagine a 20 page long thread (which probably wouldn't take too long to accomplish.  Would you really flip through that?

One does not need to read it all; one could simply look for his/her in-game name, now and then.  A text search takes only a few seconds.

This is a great thread... a little romantic but nice....

ive been looking for some dude that held up my mate and took his pants and he had a pommy accent... im still looking...

A thread like this crops up maybe every 2 weeks. It's common enough - and sometimes steam names aren't findable for some reason (steam can be really strange at times, awesome at others). A game mechanic that would simplify this would be well received by some. DayZ is more MMORPG than FPS in some respects, and this is one of them. I know there's the push to make it realistic and what not with no global chat, but at some point understanding that tools that help people connect is important especially for the success of the game. I would wager *something* that addresses this will be present in the final release build.