Sign in to follow this  
TheRedScare

After a 6/7 month break from Dayz

I have returned! So how has the game been progressing? Any major drama or event happen? Did anyone miss me? (Probably not)

Similar to my interests, been away for somewhat of a shorter time but still.

Did you play already? Doesn't feel much different to me except more items and a few new towns. Was a bit suprised to find the NE Airfield missing its hangars though.

Edited by Problematic

Many stuff has changed under the hood. The zombies got their own navmesh which is slowly improving to make zombie pathfinding and movement somewhat realistical, loot now doesnt only spawn on server restart but constantly due to the new loot economic system. The more visible things include many new items, campfires and hunting have been added, a weather impact system that affects the player ( and his items ) is in the pipeline ( its first implementation is on the current Exp build ) etc. There really has been some stuff over the last 6 - 7 months.

Still the game is far away from being complete. Don't expect that please, otherwise you will be dissapointed.

Here's a repost of something I wrote when someone was asking similarly here (give that a look too):

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208513-complete-list-of-features-already-in-game-stable-build/

Here's a swag at some of the stuff over the past few months:

1. Fishing & Hunting
  2. More crafting (make backpacks from pelts)
  3. Camp fires
  4. Chem lights and flares
  5. Zed movements / pathing more reliable now via navmesh, far less likely to go through fences and walls (but doors still need work).
  6. Hopper zeds now in game (the ones that crouch and jump like a frog at you)
  7. More animals (and you can kill them). If you find chickens let everyone know because there's a lot of people who seem to be interested in that. If you find a pig leave it alone or Shrub Rocketeer ™ will come at you like a spider monkey.
  8. More weapon variety, new meelee and rifles. Crossbows and crafted bows.
  9. New towns on the map in the north.
  10. NEAF has been redone.
  11. Grenades! (although I'm yet to find one)
  12. Persistence (if I write a note and leave it in the street and the server reboots, it will still be there for someone to find when the server comes back up).
  13. Tents have been added.

I dunno, that's a list of stuff that sticks out in my mind.

I have been playing, but I like to actually talk to the community?

• Like 1

you can drink disinfectant spray and become immune to sickness for the duration of your char's life.

• Like 1

you can drink disinfectant spray and become immune to sickness for the duration of your char's life.

Well if theres anyone I can trust its the guy telling me to drink disinfectant!

• Like 2

They are making great progress. Just about on the clip I thought they would. I cant wait to dig up all my old posts for a 'told ya so' here in another 12 months or so.

You took a break from DayZ for 6/7 of a month? That's like...26 days.

I have been playing, but I like to actually talk to the community?

In the beginning there wasnt much progress because lack of staff. They were 4 developers now they are more than 40. After the summer vacation they made a lot of progressions.

I would say the most noticable improvement would be extra towns/cities. Besides looking for twigs to make a splint, all other crafting especially creating fire is impossible to achieve. And there are 3 extra zombies in the game which takes total number of zombies per server to about 10 ha ha. And to make up for lack of zombies they introduced automatic zombie respawn, right next to you.

Come to think of it, compared to 7d2d its reaaallllyyy slow development but sometimes good things are worth waiting for