Mangina

explosive sniper rounds

Couldn't watch the video. The only "Explosive sniper round" I can think of is Mk211 Raufoss in .50 BMG. From what I understand anti material weapons chambered in .50 BMG will not be in game.

sloth-no.gif

.50 BMG rounds blow you in half anyway. the impact is so great that it was turn where ever it hits into nothing except blood and mush.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

That video is not exactly something to base facts on.

The items are blown up through remote control and not through the 5.56 round that he "shoots"

Pretty sure he uses Tannerite, Or Binary explosives.

if it exists why say no?

because it would ruin dayz.

• Like 1

not when you have tanks.

What in the hell.. is this arma 2 forums

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 1

not when you have tanks. 

we will probably not have tanks for a long time.

and IF we will have tanks, they will be veery hard to find parts for, hard to build it together.

and when you did all the work for a tank, a pesky lousy sniper should be able to cripple the tank with 1 bullet? Man, this would be a Sysiphos-like work :D

ANY .50 cal round is already "overpowered" enough because of it's size and impact force. No need to make it even stronger.

Also the FPS-russia-guy will have probably packed some other explosives into the car, because I can hardly imagine a car will blow up like this, if you shoot the front end. (but I am not sure tho)

Edited by irishroy

not when you have tanks. 

First, it´s tannerite or remote controlled explosive used in his video, because no 5.56 round in existance will explode with that force. Second, that blast would do nothing on a tank since it´s a surface blast. There is no penetration or anything that will go deep in the armor, so at best you would ruin the paintjob.

First, it´s tannerite or remote controlled explosive used in his video, because no 5.56 round in existance will explode with that force. Second, that blast would do nothing on a tank since it´s a surface blast. There is no penetration or anything that will go deep in the armor, so at best you would ruin the paintjob.

thats what i meant small vehicles like cars or troop transport stuff sure they could blow up. but not a tank or armored vehicles. 

thats what i meant small vehicles like cars or troop transport stuff sure they could blow up. but not a tank or armored vehicles. 

again.

you will most likely NOT find a vehicle ready-to-go.

You'll need to find parts like wheels/tires, fuel, doors, etc. etc.

and when you did a lot of work, 1 sniper-guy should be able to kill the vehicle (and the passengers) TOTALLY with 1 bullet?

That´s what you have grenade attachments for. As a sniper, your job is not to blow up veichles from afar and to have that in the game would do 200% more harm than good.

Put a .50 through the engineblock on any car or truck and it will stop dead in it´s tracks, but to blow it up, you need to go up to 40 mm shells.

what about sniper elite? where if you target parts of the truck like the fuel tank that equals explosion right?

what about sniper elite? where if you target parts of the truck like the fuel tank that equals explosion right?

No. Shooting a gastank does not make it explode. In Hollywood it does and also in games. The gastank is not preassure-sealed like a welding tank, and even with that, you need sparks or a direkt contact with flames to ignote it.

• Like 1

If I asked you if you think supressors are called silencers and make a firearm completely silent would you say yes?

A lot (if not all) entertainment from movies/action games will tell you wrong information for the sake of bigger booms and flashier productions.

Unless you covert your .50BMG sniper rifle to a Gaussian rail gun launching deuterium bullets at relativistic velocities, even SLAP rounds aren't going to hurt a tank.

not when you have tanks. 

there.. is no tanks in dayz SA...

Yeah Hollywood is riddled with BS for the sake of explosions and cool effects.

In real life bullets don't set petrol on fire, if a car does go up in smoke then it was probably damaged electrical component inside the car igniting the fuel or, 90% of the time, its overheating.

As per most arma games I guess best way to stop a car will be take out a wheel, or the driver. The as50 type weapons open up one shotting the engine block....but that's a bit lame if they are as hard to fix and maintain as I hope. Lets make it a challenge....sorta...to drop one.

One thing this made me think of that might be cool is to have the radiator as a hitbox. If you damaged it the car wouldn't instantly stop but overheat a few mins later. We could shoot it out then follow that road and look for the column of smoke on the horizon :)

One thing this made me think of that might be cool is to have the radiator as a hitbox. If you damaged it the car wouldn't instantly stop but overheat a few mins later. We could shoot it out then follow that road and look for the column of smoke on the horizon :)

Vehicle tracking sounds fun.